Zero Punctuation: Lego City Undercover

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
:looks around: Fir.....dang it!

Yeah the load times suck big time even on the digital version from the E-shop which is weird since you would think that they would be faster since it's reading the data from a HDD rather than the gamedisc.

Also, I solved the wii u gamepad battery problem, for me anyway,with the nyko battery booster accessory.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Actually I've been justifying my Wii U with MH3U lately ... granted that's a game that Yahtzee is likely to hate so yeah >.>

But if you want to see a game use the Wii U pad correctly and manage to enhance the playing experience without being gimmicky and getting in the way, well that's what I tell you the go-to example is.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
cynicalsaint1 said:
Actually I've been justifying my Wii U with MH3U lately ... granted that's a game that Yahtzee is likely to hate so yeah >.>

But if you want to see a game use the Wii U pad correctly and manage to enhance the playing experience without being gimmicky and getting in the way, well that's what I tell you the go-to example is.
He's already reviewed it for The Wii and he did hate it, but yeah, I agree. That game has been an awesome time sink even though I just got the Wii U version and have played mostly on the 3DS version so far. Good thing is that it doesn't matter though.

OT: Great episode, loved the end joke.

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
Wait wait wait wait Yahtzee WANTS multiplier what weird fucked up parallel universe have I stepped into!!

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Gameguy20100 said:
Wait wait wait wait Yahtzee WANTS multiplier what weird fucked up parallel universe have I stepped into!!
Yahtzee's never had a problem with local multiplayer. Just online.

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
Gameguy20100 said:
He didn't necessarily say he wanted it as much as he is noting its absence. He has the rightful expectations that games should either add or improve something to a game, not take away from it.

Fortuan

Oct 14, 2008
Yopaz said:
cynicalsaint1 said:

He's already reviewed it for The Wii and he did hate it, but yeah, I agree. That game has been an awesome time sink even though I just got the Wii U version and have played mostly on the 3DS version so far. Good thing is that it doesn't matter though.

Well he played very little of what the game requires, to his credit lots of game to play and little time to review, but this isn't Tri he's talking about. It's a new game with new stuffs, expansion is a loose term for it honestly, lots of improvements made and is the best WiiU has to offer at the moment.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I get the impression watching that episode that Yahtzee doesn't like the Wii U, I may be wrong though I'm not certain.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
Gameguy20100 said:
His shtick is just wangsting about how things are terrible, bitter complaints and cynicism are popular. I've never found his complaints particularly consistent for that reason.

It's entertainment, not a review. : )

DoomBlackDragon

Sep 13, 2008
I laughed and cried. Mostly because I was laughing so hard. I thought I was going to pass out. Great video Yahtzee. I am glad to see the comical Yahtzee I knew is back.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Fortuan said:
Yopaz said:
cynicalsaint1 said:

Well he played very little of what the game requires, to his credit lots of game to play and little time to review, but this isn't Tri he's talking about. It's a new game with new stuffs, expansion is a loose term for it honestly, lots of improvements made and is the best WiiU has to offer at the moment.
I got Tri and both the 3DS and Wii U version of the game. I know how much of a difference they offer and if you're not going to sink a lot of time into it I actually consider Tri better because of the sub quests that has been removed. Also I have to say that I hate when people use the line "You just didn't play enough". Monster Hunter isn't for everyone it wouldn't have changed his opinion after sinking in 30 hours. He didn't like grinding monster to get gear used to grind bigger monster to repeat this endless cycle.

There are some differences between Tri and 3U, but the same premise is there, that's the part he hates.

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
Yopaz said:
cynicalsaint1 said:

the problem with MHtri was that it's start was the speed of a crippled glacier, and on a console where you've set aside time to play it, that's not a good thing.

in 3U however, it's on a handheld so you can do it anywhere, and the start of the game has a bit where you talk to the villagers and one of them pretty much says "oh by the way, talk to me to go to the multiplayer quests where there is none of this tutorial bullshit, now go kill a dragon!"

also, you can do the "online" parts offline, so you don't need to co-operate with other people if you don't want to, and the gamepad is pretty much limited to a set of shortcut buttons, without a single motion control or touchscreen segent in sight (hell, if you get a pro controller, you don't even need the pad at all)

Yopaz said:
I got Tri and both the 3DS and Wii U version of the game. I know how much of a difference they offer and if you're not going to sink a lot of time into it I actually consider Tri better because of the sub quests that has been removed. Also I have to say that I hate when people use the line "You just didn't play enough". Monster Hunter isn't for everyone it wouldn't have changed his opinion after sinking in 30 hours. He didn't like grinding monster to get gear used to grind bigger monster to repeat this endless cycle.

There are some differences between Tri and 3U, but the same premise is there, that's the part he hates.
um, he never even got to the great jaggi...

hell I don't think he even got past the 1* urgent.

it wasn't that he didn't like grinding that he said he disliked, it's that the hardest thing he fought outside the "ohshitrun" lagiacrus fight was an aptonoth

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
AdamG3691 said:
Yopaz said:
cynicalsaint1 said:

the problem with MHtri was that it's start was the speed of a crippled glacier, and on a console where you've set aside time to play it, that's not a good thing.

in 3U however, it's on a handheld so you can do it anywhere, and the start of the game has a bit where you talk to the villagers and one of them pretty much says "oh by the way, talk to me to go to the multiplayer quests where there is none of this tutorial bullshit, now go kill a dragon!"

also, you can do the "online" parts offline, so you don't need to co-operate with other people if you don't want to, and the gamepad is pretty much limited to a set of shortcut buttons, without a single motion control or touchscreen segent in sight (hell, if you get a pro controller, you don't even need the pad at all)
I've got Tri and both versions of 3U. I love Monster Hunter, but I am able to understand that this is my opinion and that others do not share it.

Defeated Detective

Sep 30, 2012
The Last Melon said:
Well, he's a much bigger fan of Bioshock Infinite in this one than he was in his video review...
He came in defense of Bioshock Infinite's ending, a much more in-depth answer is found in his column.