Zero Punctuation: LEGO Indy

Nov 15, 2007
I'm officially whining because Yahtzee no longer wants to rip off copyrighted music. I always enjoyed the joke contained within his choice of music to mach the game. That said, I'm not one of the pricks thinking he has jumped the shark as this review was still funny, and he managed to sum up my feelings about Indiana Jones and the Death of a Franchise perfectly. I also like the new theme music even if I miss the old variety.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I have to admit, I like the new intro (*gasps*) although we'll see if it begins to grate on my nerves.

As for the review, great! Not played any of the Lego-game-series so can't really comment.

KC Smiff

Jul 9, 2008
I liked the new intro, it gives the video more of a 'professional' feel to it. But it's a shame that the t-shirt adverts are not consistent with this. Not that it really matters mind you.

The review itself was amusing, though I didn't notice there was a little extra at the end till I read this thread. It has become a habit of mine to cut it off a little after the credits roll in.

DarthTirith

Nov 2, 2007
On the new style: Love it, looks very professional!
On the review: Pretty much agree with you on most points, I found the Lego Indi game a fun way to kill off eight hours, but didn't find it good enough to unlock any extras.
On the extra: Very funny, I did however like the new film, prefered it over Temple.

afrophysics

Jul 4, 2008
I can understand why you changed the intro, it was inevitable, but I think the long rambling sentences are becoming a bit too.. long and rambling. They're funny, but getting harder to comprehend. Good job anyway.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Aww... Your song picks have in quite a few videos been one of the best jokes, or at least very clever. I wasn't at risk of getting anywhere near this game, but I think, for once, that your review is pretty near that of most other high profile reviewers.

Now THERE's a warning sign : /

Indy 4 doesn't feel like the movie you'd make to reawaken a slumbering franchise, it's the sort of movie you'd do when hope is pretty much gone and aliens is the only thing you haven't tried to save it. ~~

I Mav I

May 7, 2008
Hmmm...not a fan of the intro...but then i can't blame the guy for getting sick of having to think of songs every fucking week and at least the intro is decent enough and the music is 'rockin'

As for the review, not much i can say, i didn't find the game that irritating and i enjoyed it a lot...woopdeedoo...

EDIT: As for the new film...i liked it, they once proved the exsistence of God so why the fuck not aliens?

defcon 1

Jan 3, 2008
You can kill Short Round!? If you can kill Willie as well, then I'm so getting this game!

coredump

Mar 5, 2008
Count me in with the cocks claiming you've jumped the shark. And lol at the new "extreme nu-metal intro!!!". Picture this, what is G4 tv going to play now when they introduce the preview to your next review?

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Nice review yahtzee but like everyone has said before me not crazy about the new intro. And I've never really got why everyone hates Kingdom of the Crystal Skull so much. Its better than Temple of Doom.

Hypersapien

Nov 14, 2007
Great review, don't care for the new intro much.

Is it just me, or are Yahtzee's insults not as elaborate as they used to be?

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Nope, no Lego Indy for me. I'm way past that. Now if only there were Technics Dirty Harry... oh Technics, how many times I built slightly more realistic stuff from thee.

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
I'd also like to take the oppertunity to join in with others to complain about the change in opening and ending musics. Not only did the old style add a bit of amusement to the reviews (especially the 'No More Heroes' one, with it being suddenly pulled for being "a bit too obvious"), but because (you/Yahtzee, select appropriate) doesn't really give the feeling of such an awesome rock segment.

If one were to compare (you/Yahtzee) to any given instrument commonly used in such a band, the bass guitar would be my definite choice. Going outside the genre of rock, i think something closer to jazz or perhaps a moderate-pace piece of classical with a good bit of harpsichord could be applied as a far more accurate characteristic. That last bit especially works well considering how much harping the average Zero Punctuation both uses and produces.

To summerize: i don't like it, and since my opinion is clearly the greatest one in the universe, i request that you give in to my suggestions.

commanderRc

Jul 9, 2008
Hilarious, and even a holocaust joke. The abortion pic last week apparantly wasn't nasty enough...

The new intro isn't bad, just a shock

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Arbitrary13 said:
Review this week was confusing. It apparently ended on a positive note but I couldn't find any reason why it should be a positive review. Narrative incoherence is becoming a problem.
Totally agree with this.

Darren Grey

Dec 2, 2007
"Stickle Bricks Bablyon 5" had me laughing very loudly I must admit - really chock full of good jokes this week.

Okay, okay, so of course we're gonna moan, but honestly the music choices before were always so appropriate and funny - they were part of the whole humour. Plus the new rocky thing is just so inappropriate... Couldn't we have something a little more mellow?

binturong

Jul 2, 2008
I've only played the Lego Star Wars games so far and what I like most about them is that they've given me explicit permission not to take the whole franchise so seriously, the exact opposite experience of watching any of the movies or talking to any average Star Wars fan. They're fun and colorful and full of platformy brick-spraying goodness. I don't know if I'll get the same enjoyment out of the slew of new Lego games, 31-year-old movie cynic that I am, but as long as the gameplay stays fun they'll probably keep sucking me in.

Oh, and the rest of you pricks who keep using the phrase "jump the shark" after every single ZP are just proving that you don't understand what the phrase means, so please just stop using it. If you expect exactly the same thing week after week after week, then you are NOT part of the solution. Yes, I also miss the clever intro and outro music, but that doesn't mean you get to completely ignore the actual -content-, which for my four minutes was better this week than it has been in quite a while. And funnily enough I typed out this whole paragraph before I noticed the blurb at the end of the review that says more or less just that.