Zero Punctuation: LEGO Indy

Scotti13

Jul 2, 2008
I think that the review was amazing - the game was crappy. It brought nothing to the table for a 14 year old or older.

spungemonkey

May 7, 2008
Funny as always :D

Obviously, like everyone else, I'm not to much of a fan on the new Intro/outro. But in all fairness, you are probably better to quit using the songs while you are ahead.

donmilliken

Apr 24, 2008
Okay, the new intro with the generic heavy metal music sucks. A lot. A lot lot.

Funny review as always.

Ian Dorsch

Jul 11, 2006
onikaze said:
just count me as one of the people who was soo inspired by the new opening that I registered just to let you know that it sucks.
That pseudo "hard rock" clip ranks right up there with stryper and tesla.

way to go.
Thanks.

DrmChsr0

Jan 7, 2008
woot.

Yahtzee is back to what he does best: Ripping into videogames and making jokes about their content all while trying to find some way to hate it and ends up enjoying it ;3

GJ, Croshaw.

Reconmaster

Jul 9, 2008
I registered here just for the duplo-firefly line (did you make the duplo model yourself?) though I've always enjoyed the shows. Would you consider doing a video to point your generous fanbase toward firefly?

donmilliken

Apr 24, 2008
While I recognize that the RIAA are a pack of colossal greedbag c**ts and now that they're calling the radio piracy it is only a matter of time before they turn their evil eye towards humble Yahtzee and his humble video reviews posted on this humble website, I'd prefer silence to the current intro music.

Much prefer it.

Zekko5

Apr 30, 2008
[agreement with everybody else regarding the new intro and outro]

I chuckled a bit here and there, but I think the images that accompany Yahtzee's voice have become a little too crowded and plentiful, kind of removing the laugh factor of the jokes. For me, anyways.

And I didn't get the review of the new Indiana Jones movie at the end, though that might be because I haven't actually seen it (yet).

ReiSilver

Jul 9, 2008
great vid but the prostitute dismemberment crossed the line, not funny. Fairies know they've been dehumanized enough.

Kad629

Oct 3, 2007
I do not think that the old intro songs alone fit the video, but the title of those songs did.

Change is good sometimes. In order to improve on something you will need to make changes. Grand majority will mention there was nothing wrong with the old ways. There are reasons, but the reasons might not be good enough of for most of you.

Just give the new changes a chance at least. It might be different next week or it might not.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
I pains me to respond as I like to sit back and quietly observe. But firstly thanks for a good review not the best but it entertained as always and I only respond as it affects my enjoyment as a regualr to your weekly fun.
Alas my pain is the new music & intro which has caused a stir seems missplaced for your musicless vocal adventures, the loss of a simple and relaxed intro as you had before which with its two freeze framed images just directorially seemed a lot more dramatic for your reviews and the new music which seems to brash for you quietly restrained reviews I like rock music as much as the next guy but it seems out of place, it all seems to answer to the mass market rather than improved you reviews in anyway.
To conclude I think both the vid and the music are well done but out of place and do nothing for your reviews, as written above I'd go for a more classical score if you cannot return to your random music choices as you had before and once again a more restrained introduction video.

But like any lone voice in the darkness of an internet forum I don't think I'll change anyone's minds about any of this so do what you think is best and good luck and just don't ruin your great videos by getting to up your own ass with all this fancy pants rock and roll popularity and I hope you keep enjoying making these vids because thats always the key to creative entertainment.

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
Hehe. Really enjoyed the review dude.
As for the Intro/Outro stuff; what's the big problem? Sure it isn't as good as the previous ones, but does it really make THAT much of a difference to the actual review? Simple answer - no. If the Intro/Outro has spoiled the review so much, mute the sound or jerk off for 15 seconds whilst it's loading up. I really don't get what the big deal is. The reviews are still as enjoyable as they were way back months ago, if not more so. Chillax people.

donmilliken

Apr 24, 2008
TerribleTerryTate said:
Hehe. Really enjoyed the review dude.
As for the Intro/Outro stuff; what's the big problem? Sure it isn't as good as the previous ones, but does it really make THAT much of a difference to the actual review? Simple answer - no. If the Intro/Outro has spoiled the review so much, mute the sound or jerk off for 15 seconds whilst it's loading up. I really don't get what the big deal is. The reviews are still as enjoyable as they were way back months ago, if not more so. Chillax people.
The new music actively offends me.

How about some nice elevator music, Yahtzee? I always find that calming.

*starts humming "Girl From Ipanema*

greatgreybeast

Jul 9, 2008
Anybody else think about that scene in Wayne's World where they bring in the announcer and the neon sign and that incredibly lame intro riff?

Yeah. Pretty much that. Don't overproduce it Yahtzee - your unpretentious simplicity is your claim to fame.

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
Rock n Roll Yahtzee, Rock n Roll.

Seems we have taken a turn on to cynical.ave, and are approaching it's capital. This review had more blood, guts, and relentless jabs than any other review. I wonder if this trend will continue? If it dose then some people will be turned off by the fact.

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
SeruK said:
Holy shit! Last game I'd expect.

Edit:
I feel compelled to say something about the new intro but to spare us all the time I'll just replace it with this box: [OBLIGATORY WHINE HERE -- AS IF ANYONE ACTUALLY CARES ANYWAY]
The itself review is, as said, good as ever; even though I just don't get why people dislike Kingdom of the Crystal Skull so much (I mean the worst is by far Temple of Doom).
Keep it up, and start using copyrighted music again.
You sir, are a hero.