Zero Punctuation: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

SkullCap

Nov 10, 2009
Knuckles was better than Sonic.

Hell, Victor the Alligator, Espio the Chameleon, Charmy the Bee, and Rusty the random tin can are ALL better than Sonic. He's your basic cardboard cut-out of SEGA's attempt to appeal to the 'wooaaaaahh-demographic' of the late 80s and early 90s. They succeeded, AT FIRST, before falling down a slippery slope of swords, transformations, cars, and of course ever-changing storylines.

To Sonic Team:

Pull your head out of the place you've been getting your games and stick with a storyline.

Snooch_to_the_nooch

Sep 25, 2009
Greasy red balloon? I can always depend on Yahtzee to come up with some of the grossest analogies ever contrived by man. This does beg the question of what woman, (or man), hurt Yahtzee so that he would have such bile for the significant other?

Random7

Feb 8, 2010
Yahtzee are you sure that Bowser is the union leader and not the bourgeoisie? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_xQ-ns5whw :p

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
I've always preferred mario from a mechanics standpoint, the floaty jump thing luigi sports doesn't feel as responsive as the quick pops mario takes.

JayJayinMay

Apr 7, 2010
I always thought mari had utterly no characteristics,at least luigi has a personality.
I concur,Yatzhee!

yaoinut

Dec 17, 2010
I think this is one of the funnier episodes. I think the gross out joke of greasy red womb balloons really helps, as does Ben's favouritism of Luigi. Sometimes, things just mix into something wonderful.

WildManBill

Sep 26, 2009
Anyone else think Yahtzee should have his older brother be a part of one of these reviews sometime?? I mean he had Graham Stark from Unskipable try one once with X Blades.

DarkPheonix13

Mar 22, 2012
The Mario & Luigi series is my favorite game series of all time! I've even played played stuff like Mass Effect, and Paper Mario, but Mario & Luigi is my favorite game series. More specifically, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga is my favorite game of all time. I've played through it at least 50 times, so I know the story like the back of my hand, and all of the secrets and helpful glitches in it. I LOVE these games.

I just wanted to point out a few things about your review of Bowser's Inside Story, which I've also played through more than once.

First, while I don't remember it being needed in this game, or Partners in Time, having two different jump buttons was definitely needed in the first one. It was used to solve side areas with a special kind of block called the Simultaneous Blocks.

Second, there is an enemy with several attacks that have NO pattern at all, but it's an optional boss, which is a pain in the arse to get to, AND it itself is easily the hardest boss in the game. You'd essentially have to run a gauntlet of bosses within a certain amount of turns to even get to it, and if you lose to one of the bosses, the super boss, or run out of turns, then you get to do the whole damn thing again. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're bored and really have nothing better to do.

This review itself is really funny! I also like Luigi better, and I'm the older brother in my family. I also didn't make the connection to the upper and middle class. That's freakin' funny!