Zero Punctuation: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Funkyfists

Oct 21, 2009
Scribblenauts.

Comment time! Well i thought it was a good review... but WHY the DS?? I'd have thought a manly man of men like Yahtzee wouldn't be messing around with that tiny KIDDIES platform. YES i said KIDDIES. Many people have a problem with that, but it's true. By no means am i saying colorful games are bad. Nor am i saying childish games can't appeal to adults. I am simply pointing out that this was a strange review to do...

Anyhoo still enjoyed it as always ^-^

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I've got to give Yahtzee credit here. Mario and Luigi: Fantastic Voyage is basically exactly what you'd expect---a lighthearted, fun little romp that you don't have to worry your pretty little head about, the perfect break if you've been playing, say, Oblivion with FCOM and a host of other mods installed and the difficulty slider all the way to the right and want to feel like you don't totally suck at games.

It's the perfect game for a system like the DS, where you're most of the time going to be playing it in the sorts of places where it's really hard to get a rhythm going (unless you're like me and just play it in bed.) Nintendo knew exactly what it was trying to do, then they went out and did it, which means Yahtzee is left in a position where he's got to venture off on constant tangents like the sublime commentary on Gilded Age sociology that is the Mushroom Kingdom.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
Damn good review and I laughed pretty often. The batting corn bits out his sphincter image is pretty disturbing, I agree. "Seriously I don't think you grasp how much I loathe children" and it's image in the video made me laugh so much.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Have never actually found a mario game I like. Could be my complete lack of hand eye co-ordination.

Just sayin'

WindScar

Aug 6, 2008
"The fuck is this" I agree on that one, Kids need more challenges and we shouldn't say "Oh, that looks great honey" We should rather start laughing and spit on it!

Family guy reference, if you don't get it, you suck.

tamerman

Jul 17, 2009
Going off topic: but you should try Dungeons and dragons online (DDO) sometime. Its free now.... just thought id throw that out there.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Excellent episode. I especially liked your dissection of the warring kingdoms in "mario land" (or Luigi land I suppose). Never heard it put so eloquently. Actually never heard it discussed that way at all but it was spot on and hilarious.

That said I've never actually heard of this game or the Mario&Luigi series. I enjoyed Mario RPG, and Paper Mario though so maybe I'll check it out.

ps: I hate children too

Boaal

Dec 30, 2008
I'm going to post this now, before I watch this, to say that i can bet money that this will be another of the "omg i hatez nintendo waaah!" babbleing. I've never played the game and I probably never will, but these things are rarely funny. I'll edit this and comment on the video afterwards...

Edit: Ok, whilest there was his usual bitching, it wasn't that bad. He managed to implement comedy and valid points into this. I can accept this, and appreciate it. it was a review of a nintendo game that I actually laughed at for a change.

cj_iwakura

Mar 2, 2009
The political commentary was the best.

Also play some Etrian Odyssey. It won't refuse to hold your hand, it'll devour it.

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
Funkyfists said:
Scribblenauts.

Comment time! Well i thought it was a good review... but WHY the DS?? I'd have thought a manly man of men like Yahtzee wouldn't be messing around with that tiny KIDDIES platform. YES i said KIDDIES. Many people have a problem with that, but it's true. By no means am i saying colorful games are bad. Nor am i saying childish games can't appeal to adults. I am simply pointing out that this was a strange review to do...

Anyhoo still enjoyed it as always ^-^
You did it wrong, if you don't quote they wont be alerted of your response.

sfried

Dec 20, 2007
I guess Yahtzee needs to play Etrian Odyssey...
cj_iwakura said:
Also play some Etrian Odyssey. It won't refuse to hold your hand, it'll devour it.
...Guess I'm not the only one who thinks this game defines hard with three letters: F.O.E.

Zorvox

Aug 30, 2009
now that i think about it why IS it considered that Sonic is better than tails? it just doesn't make any sense, every time i played as tailes in Sonic 2 i just breezed through every level, collecting everything Sonic couldn't

also "RAWR, submit your soul to the one-eyed demon!" best ZP line EVER!!!

bombchu

Jul 7, 2009
I, too, favor Luigi. He is far better and taller and more wonderfuller than Mario. Everyone in the game seems to either hate him or ignore him, though...