Zero Punctuation: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
His one liners seem to be getting a lot better (along with his disturbing mental images). I do wonder if he's ever checked out a JRPG like the Tales series without the turn based combat (I know he's done the super paper mario, but I'm talking about one that's main character isn't also in every other genre of games except true FPSs because Nintendo is still sane)? Yes the story of JRPGs are a bit cliched, but then so are a lot of FPSs and hack and slashs. I know I may get attacked for my support of them, but I grew up on them and every game that's less than 60 hours long feels like a waste of my cash when I remember that I got games for no more than $40 that lasted a long time. I'm also not supporting every JRPG since some of them are absolute crap that don't even really try (and is it so hard to find voice actors that don't make my ears bleed?!).

The other thing I have to say about this review is that I somewhat agree with Yatzhee about kids for a much more personal reason (it involves my name and the fact that I worked with 2nd graders for something like 6 years).

*EDIT*

The more I look at other posts, the more I realize that people don't read the Extra Punctuation sections.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
I enjoyed the child loathing. Great review and even greater applaud for the resisting of title bashing... not that it doesn't deserve it.

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
Rawr submit your soul to a one-eyed demon!

*nosebleed*

Hilarious, as always, but I was hoping for Uncharted 2 or Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising.

Oh, and I despise children too. Annoying little f*cks.

Sep 4, 2009
Why was Tails inferior to Sonic?

Dear God Yahtzee, did you just invite every fucking kid to chime in with their stupid Sonic fanboy opinions? The day of lamp and genie cliche and three wishes and uterus balloons cannot arrive too soon.

LorChan

Jul 15, 2009
I have no siblings whatsoever, and I like Luigi more :D
Also, good job to Yahtzee for not complaining too much about Peach's stupid. He's totally right, but he's done that whole bit before. Quite a few times, actually.

Ben66

Mar 6, 2009
Though ZP always gets me to chuckle, this one is the first to make me laugh in a long while. The humour is more in line with that of the early ZPs, has it's small share of rather crude humour, but also a good amount of wit, especially with the Shakespeare stuff at the beginning. All this and without having to resort to senseless bashing. Keep up the good work Yahtzee.

sramota

Aug 1, 2009
Oh yay.. .Another DS game...
Well glad to see my money was well spent in not buying one atleast..

Shouldn't you be trashing Brutal Legend into oblivion by now?

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Sounded pretty like what I expected it to be. Sounds par for the course in the Mario RPG series.

The last game (Partners in Time) was too easy for me (I had to deliberately kill myself to see the Game Over screen) so maybe when the price drops I'll get this one.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
its always so funny to read the first couple of comments on a yahtzee video, why are you telling us your going to watch it?

sigh

ive never been into the mario saga and i dont think ill be getting into this one either, its always good to see that im not the only one who reads to much into things...

p.s. i am an older brother, heck im the oldest brother...

killerbread

Oct 21, 2009
not bad but why this game??? i would rather eat my own shoe soaked in acid than play a Mario game

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
... Huh. Didn't see this one coming.

Gotta say, I loved the view of the mushroom kingdom through the lens of politics.

awatkins

Oct 17, 2008
Yes, as a child I too was the one forced to play as Luigi, however I never truly favoured him until Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES. This was because using the Leaf power-up turned you into some sort of flying raccoon freak by waggling your silly tail up and down. I just found it amusing to be Luigi and turn into a green raccoon is all. And thinking about it now I have to ask the question; If the Luigi Brothers could successfully fly for a short period of time with only ONE tail how come Tails needs TWO to accomplish roughly the same flight time?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Tails > Sonic

Luigi > Mario

On a side note, I like the box art for 'Bowser's Inside story', its simple and not cluttered up with all the mismatched characters of other Mario games. Although having a box art of Bowser's insides might have violated several laws >.>

ChillinMargrave

May 18, 2009
Enjoyed the review, nice of you to not badmouth Mario too much, or talk about him at all.
Personally favoured Luigi, don't know if it's because I try to be different or I'm just plain odd.