Zero Punctuation: Nintendo 3DS

C14N

May 28, 2008
Xander_VJ said:
C14N said:
Good enough review but I can never understand Yahtzee's insistence that all the Zelda games are the same. The major home console releases change greatly from one game to the next, especially when put beside a series like Call of Duty or even GTA.
Not only the major console games, but almost every single entry in the franchise.

Yahtzee hatred for the "Zelda" series seems to come from somewhere else, because when you really look the games, that kind of claims he does about the franchise are pretty irrational.

Maybe because its a popular AND respected series?

When something you dislike is praised like that, you tend to hate it even more and your mind over exaggerates the flaws it sees.
Sorry, should have mentioned that I really just haven't played any of the handheld games properly.

C14N

May 28, 2008
One thing I'd say is art style doesn't count as keeping things fresh. If you pay full retail to see the new Pirates of The Caribbean and it turns out to just be the first one but everyone's wearing fake moustaches you'd be pretty pissed.[/quote]

That's true but you're not comparing like with like. It was a total overhaul, more like if Pirates of the Caribbean had different actors, a different director and was a cartoon. Besides, there was still plenty of new stuff besides that in Wind Waker.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I'd forgotten how hilarious this episode was...I mean his story of going outside and...going outside!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
So when are we getting the Nintendo 3DS vs PSVita video? I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been a Vita video yet to be honest. Oh well, it'll come when it comes. As for the 3DS I just keep the 3D off on mine except for cut-scenes.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
If somebody else posts after this post, this thread will have 333 posts, which seems like a fun number for the Nintendo 3DS video to finish on :p