Zero Punctuation: Nom Nom Galaxy & Freedom Planet

Zachery Bohannon

Aug 24, 2015
I would like to see his opinion of the game, "The long dark." I have enjoyed the game but would appreciate his input, i always like his hilarious comments

XavierPrice

Sep 14, 2009
I loved Freedom Planet. ...but I'm a furry and a classic sonic fan, so I guess that's not to be expected.

However, I'm also a writer, so allow me to rail on the game a bit. The story, while I liked it overall... is a bit shit in the details. There's a lot of sudden revelations that make little sense, like Carol suddenly saying she was trained as a ninja or something or other, and the supposed history the two main characters have with a lot of the other background characters is only mentioned. They're using the 'tell don't show' method. Which is the backwards method. It's 'show don't tell' that works. But other than those glaring issues, it really is a good game, and there are some really heartbreaking moments (even if one of them is immediately undone two scenes later, making it all moot).

It's set up so that it would be a really great show or something, if given the time to flesh out the world the creators obviously have a lot of ideas about and have a huge history in their heads, but there's not enough of the history given in game. RPG level story world in a classic sonic speed game is... jarring.

But it's still fun for the classic mode.