Zero Punctuation: Painkiller

mcderek3000

Nov 15, 2007
The way to follow Yahtzee's reviews is as follows:

If he loves a game, buy it. If it meets his standards, it will meet yours.

If he hates a game other people love, it's because he's a friggin tightarse. Buy it anyway.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Huh. Considering his appraisal of Conkers Bad Fur Day as one of the Artsy games, we might see a ZP comparrison - him comparing his view on the original to the sequel, and how very dissapointed he was.
The same could be said about Painkiller, and Painkiller: Overdose. Really, overdose was just...bad.. (to say the least)

slimer

Nov 17, 2007
It's interesting how price of a game influences a game review. I think reviewing old but good games is a worthwhile idea but of course Yahtzee really should...

review Wii Fit you skinny git!

agerdemon

Feb 14, 2008
TuxedoZombie said:
We get it Yahtzee! You like old-ish computer games... that doesn't mean you have to review them.
If you don't like what he's reviewing don't watch it.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
I would go buy painkiller but it sounds like serious sam so i might just pass that again

D64nz

Jan 28, 2008
Pain killer was/is extremely good at what it does, and great for doing it well on a limited system too. I found it very one dimensional.

As for retrospective reviews lets hear it for my personal favorites Stalker and World in conflict.

Point to note, lets hear it for just one single RTS!?!?! So long as it's not Generals or anything C+C related for that matter. Like EA, it's just how many times can they re-release the exact same game with minimal changes in the graphics? Like Warhammer 40k (and I loved that) but that's just the same concept as Starcraft1 ,2, and Warcraft 1,2,and 3 in a different dress.

Other than Shatter Galaxy it's been a long time since I've seen something new on the RTS front to be fair...

Nextos

May 22, 2008
I thought it was good, but it felt like you had toned down the swearing and or random nickers references....

Possibly this one had been in the works for a while and it had been toned down in case the escapist wanted you to sell out way back then... or maybe you are loosing your touch *buh buh buuuuuuh* {dramatic music}...

Anyways i hope you bring back you charming dialect... otherwise zombie jesus will cry... he'll do it..

Still funny as hell "hang in there"[picture of kitten]

nww02

May 22, 2008
I haven't laughed so hard in ages. If ever a review hit the nail on the head, this is it.

Played Painkiller recently and absolutely loved every minute of it. Awesome levels, especially the last one which even had my game-o-phobic girlfriend saying "that's pretty cool".

AWESOME REVIEW! 43.2 / 10

Boricua_bob

Nov 8, 2007
So....this is pretty much an M-Rated Luigi's Mansion, only with shuriken and lightning? Seems cool, if it wasn't for the PC.

shadow1138

Mar 20, 2008
Nah It's just not funny when he likes the games. But Yahtzee liking a game these days is an event of its own. :) Anw keep up the good work!

Takhisis

Feb 2, 2008
Aside from the gun....lets not forget that Eve is basically naked and you can oogle her boobies if you are really thick

fco

Sep 21, 2007
Damn, the video won't load for me either.
Hey Escapist, ever heard of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

(before you ask, no, I can't download the latest flash version from this computer)

Meliz

Apr 9, 2008
loved it.
noticable he picked the game himself instead of being forced to do a game (like brawl).