Zero Punctuation: Paper Mario Color Splash

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Feels weird having no intro and going right into the review.

Yeah that's it, I don't really have anything else to say.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I wanna play a Mario game now where you get to the end of the game and find Bowser crying in a corner because he's stuck in such a rut that the only thing he knows how to do is kidnap Princess Peach, even though he's long since lost all interest in her.

HumanShale

Sep 23, 2016
Thank Christ you got rid of that intro music. I hated it and sometimes missed the first few words of the review as I turned the mute button off.

Good move.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Aeshi said:
Feels weird having no intro and going right into the review.

Yeah that's it, I don't really have anything else to say.
Ok, I'm not the only one ;)

Aside from that a nice review. But seems the usual Mario blablabla! Nice going Nintendo...

Thanatos2k

Aug 12, 2013
All the reviews for this game are hilarious, because they all say "This game is so great! It looks great and it's funny! Ohbutitsjustlikestickerstarandthosepartsarereallyreallyreallybadbutmaybetrytoignorethosepartsyeahweknowyoucantignorethemsojusttrytotolerateit.....did we mention the game looks good....?"

Wolf Hagen

Jul 28, 2010
First: Where's the Intro?!

Second: Where's the old Shroom geezer?

Third: wheres my watch? Ohthereitis!

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
LordTerminal said:
Like Federation Force, this another game that everyone hated before it was released so I will not trust any negative reviews until I play it for myself (if my damn UPS service ever gets to me) and Yahtzee is no different.

In fact, anyone who agrees with him this time, you are wrong to do so because this isn't a review. This is childish bitching. Yes Yahtzee, target the "mixed reviews" but completely ignore Sticker Star's sales figures. ***** about trivial matters like the Toads and how the game's not funny because it's self aware when you yourself haven't been funny in years.

No this more anti-Nintendo propaganda and I cannot trust Yahtzee's word anymore. All he wants to do is pander to pretentious hipsters and millennials.
Can't help but wonder why you watched him in the first place if this is the impression you get. Case in point: He never claimed these are a review to begin with, so I'd say you're wrong for telling everyone else who they should agree with or not

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
I liked the Federation Force review because Yahtzee went to points nobody had gone to yet and the constant speed showed his actual emotion with it, but in this one he basically says what everybody knows already, but I guess it is interesting Yahtzee remember Toadsworth, even though he was a Sunshine/Mario & Luigi character who only appeared in Thousand Year Door for some reason.

Also FINALLY the drought is over, Ilike Yahtzee, but think I wouldn't stand Yahtzee reviewing another pair of games whose names I remember hearing briefly 6 months ago, or if at all. With some PSVR games out and the shooter season starting, the reviews are going to spice up.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Colditz Castle... that brings back the good old Commandos 2 memories...
When my family (myself included) made a caravan trip to Central Europe round '04 I made my father to drive there and visit the place, even though it wasn't in our schedule (we were driving from Berlin to Chemnitz) just because Commandos 2. The place impressed the whole family, however, and was truly worth the visit.

Kyle Winston

Jul 22, 2013
I think the only reason Sticker Star did as well as it did was brand recognition; the first three Paper Mario games were good, so Sticker Star should be as well. Because it was not as well-received, that is why there is so much bias towards Color Splash as opposed to those saying it is anti-Nintendo bias.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
LordTerminal said:
This is childish bitching. Yes Yahtzee, target the "mixed reviews" but completely ignore Sticker Star's sales figures.
That's what I always tell the people that pan Die Hard 5. Um, excuse me? Did it not make like 300 million? Sheesh!

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I'm not quite sure where Yahtzee would get it from that Nintendo fans would argue with him about these points. Color Splash and Sticker Star have been highly controversial titles for a long while now. Its probably more rare to see a Nintendo fan argue in their favor.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Igor-Rowan said:
Also FINALLY the drought is over, Ilike Yahtzee, but think I wouldn't stand Yahtzee reviewing another pair of games whose names I remember hearing briefly 6 months ago, or if at all. With some PSVR games out and the shooter season starting, the reviews are going to spice up.
Did he say anything about having plans to cover the PSVR? Actually, that would be an interesting thing to see, him trying to evaluate and compare the three VR platforms available right now. If Jim Sterling can afford to buy them all with Patreon money, surely Yahtzee with his lucrative new full-time contract ought to be able to justify it.

normalguycap

Oct 11, 2009
I have nothing to say other than I was really charmed at Yahtzee ingenuity to use the wiifit trainer picture upside down as a throne. Really efficient!