Zero Punctuation: Paper Mario Color Splash

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'll just save my money by playing super paper mario again, while covering the WiiU gamepad in the Halloween stickers I recently bought.

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
LordTerminal said:
You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky
Aaaaand there goes the last bit of credibility in your argument.
Really now, if you don't know the first thing about the controversy surrounding Hello Games's No Man's Sky, why should anyone take you seriously?

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
LordTerminal said:
darkrage6 said:
I think Sony and Microsoft are way more consistent then Nintendo is right now, at least Microsoft and Sony aren't trying to shoehorn Kinect or Move controls into any of their first-party games like Nintendo seems to be obsessed with doing.

No the industry should not go back to the 16-bit days, people who say gaming was better back then are looking at it through rose-tinted glasses, to quote Larry Bundy Jr(AKA Guru Larry, creator of the awesome Youtube series "Fact Hunt") "gaming was always shit", and i'm saying this as someone whose first console was a Genesis, for every good game on there, there were at least a dozen really shitty ones that had no business getting released(I.E. Dark Castle, Back to the Future 3, Heavy Nova, Awesome Possum, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Cosmic Carnage, Shaq Fu, The Immortal, Socket, etc).
You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky and The Order. Also they decide the best thing to do with God of War is turn it into a horrible Witcher mod. And don't get me started on Microsoft. No, it's either Nintendo or nothing as no one else in the industry is worth trusting or calling a good company.

And it sounds like you just grew up with the shittier console. Genesis only won because of Sports games and having a slanderous ad campaigns which upon retrospect made them to be far more arrogant.

Don't tell me that the 16-bit days are rose-tinted. The majority of that era still holds up.
You're treating your own opinions as fact, which is nonsense. I don't think Nintendo's made anything worth playing in a long time(a fucking 60 dollar editor for Mario? Seriously? that's the best they can do?)

They are rose-tinted, a lot of games back then have not aged well at all.

I did not grow up with the "shittier" console, at least Sega didn't stupidly censor their own games for no reason like Nintendo did(no surprise Sega's version of Mortal Kombat far outsold the SNES one) they were arrogant but they could back up their claims at least and they forced Nintendo not to get lazy and complacent like they are now and have been for a long time.

I trust Sony and Microsoft far more then Nintendo, the fact that the NX is only five months away and we know very little about it is not a good sign, plus the spring release date will not do it any favors.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
LordTerminal said:
Like Federation Force, this another game that everyone hated before it was released so I will not trust any negative reviews until I play it for myself (if my damn UPS service ever gets to me) and Yahtzee is no different.

In fact, anyone who agrees with him this time, you are wrong to do so because this isn't a review. This is childish bitching. Yes Yahtzee, target the "mixed reviews" but completely ignore Sticker Star's sales figures. ***** about trivial matters like the Toads and how the game's not funny because it's self aware when you yourself haven't been funny in years.

No this more anti-Nintendo propaganda and I cannot trust Yahtzee's word anymore. All he wants to do is pander to pretentious hipsters and millennials.
You keep banging on about his Federation Force review and it seems like every time he writes a review for a game you always say that you can't trust Yahtzee anymore, yet here you are again, saying the exact same stuff you said last time and the time before that. Why do you even bother to come here at all if you know Yahtzee is just going to Trigger you every time you do?

Also, maybe don't bring in sales figures as a counter argument to reviews, because Resident Evil 6 sold enough to be considered 'successful' by Capcom. Sure, I bought Sticker Star... but I traded it back in less than a week later.

OT: So Color Splash is like Sticker Star? Then count me out. Yeah, I'll judge this game even though I haven't played it, because I didn't like Sticker Star, and I'm not really interested in another game like it. I'll just hold off until the next Mario and Luigi title.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Shocksplicer said:
Just ignore that guy, he's unstable and obsessed with Yahtzee. He does this all the time.
Looking back at his post log, I learned that pretty quickly. Someone sure is vying for Yahtzee's attention.

Madmanonfire said:
Aaaaand there goes the last bit of credibility in your argument.
He had any to begin with?

On that notion, yeah, No Man's Sky was NOT first party, and was not made by Sony in the least. The marketing maybe, that's about as much as I can see.

LordTerminal said:
You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky and The Order
Do some actual research before posting

Thanatos2k

Aug 12, 2013
LordTerminal said:
You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky
...lol. Yeah Sony made the PC version too, right?

Arrogance and ignorance.....a combination that ensures no one will ever take anything you say seriously. You might as well just stop posting.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Yahtzee on Zelda, NSMB, Smash Bros.: "They keep making their new games like their older ones, and that's terrible"

Yahtzee on Paper Mario: "Nintendo doesn't keep making the new games like the older ones, and that's terrible"

Now, I'm definitely not defending Sticker Star 2.0, (although if it was Splatoon themed I'd have probably given it a go. Doesn't it sound more like a splatoon rpg? what with the throwing paint everywhere?) but I just found that funny.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
LordTerminal said:
darkrage6 said:
LordTerminal said:
darkrage6 said:
I think Sony and Microsoft are way more consistent then Nintendo is right now, at least Microsoft and Sony aren't trying to shoehorn Kinect or Move controls into any of their first-party games like Nintendo seems to be obsessed with doing.

No the industry should not go back to the 16-bit days, people who say gaming was better back then are looking at it through rose-tinted glasses, to quote Larry Bundy Jr(AKA Guru Larry, creator of the awesome Youtube series "Fact Hunt") "gaming was always shit", and i'm saying this as someone whose first console was a Genesis, for every good game on there, there were at least a dozen really shitty ones that had no business getting released(I.E. Dark Castle, Back to the Future 3, Heavy Nova, Awesome Possum, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Cosmic Carnage, Shaq Fu, The Immortal, Socket, etc).
You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky and The Order. Also they decide the best thing to do with God of War is turn it into a horrible Witcher mod. And don't get me started on Microsoft. No, it's either Nintendo or nothing as no one else in the industry is worth trusting or calling a good company.

And it sounds like you just grew up with the shittier console. Genesis only won because of Sports games and having a slanderous ad campaigns which upon retrospect made them to be far more arrogant.

Don't tell me that the 16-bit days are rose-tinted. The majority of that era still holds up.
You're treating your own opinions as fact, which is nonsense. I don't think Nintendo's made anything worth playing in a long time(a fucking 60 dollar editor for Mario? Seriously? that's the best they can do?)

They are rose-tinted, a lot of games back then have not aged well at all.

I did not grow up with the "shittier" console, at least Sega didn't stupidly censor their own games for no reason like Nintendo did(no surprise Sega's version of Mortal Kombat far outsold the SNES one) they were arrogant but they could back up their claims at least and they forced Nintendo not to get lazy and complacent like they are now and have been for a long time.

I trust Sony and Microsoft far more then Nintendo, the fact that the NX is only five months away and we know very little about it is not a good sign, plus the spring release date will not do it any favors.
Wow you clearly have no taste if the only thing you think is their best is Mario Maker. I can't even call you a gamer. You're a parasite.

The Spring release won't do the NX favors? It's not like anything else worth a damn is coming out at this time.

You are clearly part of the anti-Nintendo conspiracy. Rot in hell.

Do some actual research before posting
The games are shit and I expect better for the Playstation brand. That's all the research I need: hands-on experience.
Having a different opinion then you does not automatically mean I have "no taste" that's an incredibly asinine and arrogant statement to make, as if your opinions are the only correct ones for people to have LOL

Consoles come out around holidays for a reason, the spring release date for the 3DS sure as hell didn't do it any favors, it took months for it to actually start selling, and I expect the same will be true for the Switch.

I don't believe in hell, but you can rot in it anyways, you clearly need to do research, not me, there's no "anti-Nintendo conspiracy", now you truly are sounding like Alex Jones.

You're clearly not a gamer, you're a hipster. Quit sucking off Nintendo.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Really funny video, many IRL LOLs

Paint as blood was particularly insightful and I think I know a couple of the YuGiOh satanist guys

Elvis Starburst

Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
LordTerminal said:
DON'T YOU EVER SAY I'M NOT A GAMER OR CALL ME A HIPSTER AGAIN YOU ELITIST WHORE! I WILL END YOU!
You should probably stop posting stuff like that now, or the mods will be happy to make you stop. I recommend you refresh yourself on the CoC.

I'll repeat it again. Unless it's first party, Sony is not involved in the development of the game, and are not responsible for the failures that appear on their platform. Which is also why Valve is not exactly responsible for the failures on their platform. Valve should be less happy to let crap be on there, but if a game turns out bad, that's not their fault

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
LordTerminal said:
Elvis Starburst said:
I'll repeat it again. Unless it's first party, Sony is not involved in the development of the game, and are not responsible for the failures that appear on their platform. Which is also why Valve is not exactly responsible for the failures on their platform. Valve should be less happy to let crap be on there, but if a game turns out bad, that's not their fault
I can still blame them for The Order 1886. That was a First Party and they are responsible for it and every sin against gaming it committed. I can also blame them for ruining God of War by turning it into a shitty Witch wannabe and more of you people should be lambasting them for doing such a thing as much as you've all attacked Nintendo over Metroid and Paper Mario.
Dude, people DID lambast The Order 1886. People DID lambast Halo 5. Every time you post you seem to put across the idea that no one gets to complain about Nintendo's mistakes (of which there are several) just because Sony makes mistakes (of which there are several). The difference is that Sony's mistakes are far outweighed by their successes this time around, while Nintendo is struggling to find success.

Look, you're clearly passionate about Nintendo; I can respect that. It sucks when people (rightfully) criticize something you like. But at this point, judging from the way you completely flipped out on darkrage6, you're clearly not looking to have any kind of actual discussion... you just want to argue.

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
welp, thanks for that. I was wondering if this would be worth my time, if it was like 1000 year door with it's wonderful party full of quirky characters or like Sticker Star's crap would be the deciding factor. Nintendo rarely makes changes to their formulas, but when they do they always seem to change them for the worse, then keep the bad parts in future sequels for some reason...

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
LordTerminal said:
darkrage6 said:
DON'T YOU EVER SAY I'M NOT A GAMER OR CALL ME A HIPSTER AGAIN! I'm not the one being the entitled twat over every little thing Nintendo does and then hypocritically praising the other companies for doing far more sacrilegious business decisions!

Sony is the one that is getting sucked off too much if their undeserved profits for making mediocrities is anything to go by! And yet people hypocritically suck their dicks no matter how much their recent exclusives suck a big one!
Randomly using all caps for sentences, yeah that totally makes you look mature LOL

You're the only "entitled twat" I see here, as you whine like a crybaby anytime someone dares to criticize Nintendo for totally legitimate reasons.

Sony's profits are not "undeserved" simply cause you don't like them, that's nonsense, and if you've actually paid attention Sony has actually received criticism, but I guess for you that's just too much to ask.

Their exclusives are awesome, i'd love to see you try and tell the Souls fanbase who Bloodborne is a bad game, they'll fucking eat you alive.

Atratzu

Aug 14, 2016
I haven't played any of the paper Mario's yet. I wonder if I should play them in reverse order, kinda like how you should do with the star wars movies to not be the most disappointed in the prequels.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
LordTerminal said:
darkrage6 said:
DON'T YOU EVER SAY I'M NOT A GAMER OR CALL ME A HIPSTER AGAIN! I'm not the one being the entitled twat over every little thing Nintendo does and then hypocritically praising the other companies for doing far more sacrilegious business decisions!

Sony is the one that is getting sucked off too much if their undeserved profits for making mediocrities is anything to go by! And yet people hypocritically suck their dicks no matter how much their recent exclusives suck a big one!
Dude, calm down. Nintendo doesn't need you to defend them nor do they care if you defend them.

Elvis Starburst

Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
LordTerminal said:
Except Sony DOESN'T HAVE ANY SUCCESSES OTHER THAN HOW THEY MARKETED THEIR OVERPRICED PIECE OF SHIT CONSOLE AND BRAINWASHED ALL OF YOU IN THE PROCESS! The only things worth playing on the PS4 that aren't 3rd Party titles are Bloodborne and Gravity Rush 2. Wow, I can think of only two games worth playing on it. Everything else they've released is either mediocre or flat out sucks. Stop giving them credit for stuff that isn't fucking there!
Ok, clearly you have no intention of having a discussion. You are mad people hate on your precious Nintendo game and the company by a critic on the internet you're seemingly infatuated with that you seek validation on everything he puts out... to the point you all caps rage at someone, call them a "fucking whore" and that you'll "end them"... talking about people being brainwashed for liking something you don't (Cause gee wiz man, people like stuff you don't, fancy that madness!), followed by you telling people to stop appreciating other companies for stuff they enjoy.

You're not here to discuss anything. You're seeking validation for your opinions, and damn everyone to hell who disagrees with you. Gonna tell you a secret, kid... This is probably not the forum for you, and you should probably stop having pissing contests with people on the internet over this stuff. Nobody is taking Nintendo away from you. So go and enjoy what you want to enjoy.

Just stop throwing a fit here, you're not making your "argument" any stronger. I've been hoping you'll understand, but I don't think I'll be making any progress, so I'm done for now. Gonna enjoy this from the sidelines