Zero Punctuation: Papers, Please and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Turbo_ski said:
Jokes against transsexuals were completely unnecessary and completely offensive.
Jokes are never necessary, either they're funny or they're not. I'd also like to point out that 1) humor suspends morality and 2) even if it did not, the joke was about people who desperately try to lie through technicisms, not about any particular sexuality.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Does anyone know of a link to the original unedited version of this video?

Everyone who got offended should be ashamed of themselves.

Blackpapa

May 26, 2010
DriveSober said:
I made this account just to say how disenchanted I am with you, Yahtzee. Here I was thinking you were a snarky, "I-aint-gonna-take-no-bullshit" reviewer who tells it how it is. But no, you're just as spineless as anyone else. The second some delusional wannabe "social pioneers" make a complaint, you cave and bend over backwards for them. In the end, you can't take your own medicine.
Escapist asked Yahtzee to create an edited version and he did. I imagine he wasn't happy about it, but as long as escapist is paying for his videos, they can demand anything, including permanently switching the background color to a progressive pink. Yahtzee can comply or take his leave.

Blame is to be laid on the Escapist. Between this and Jim stuffing a dildo in his mouth, I'm beginning to think this may not be the site for me.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
Spearmaster said:
Based on what Ive heard I think ill pick up papers please, it sounds interesting, I was just wondering if staring at the papers and documents has messed with anyone's eyes due to the graphics or if its pretty easy on the eyes?

On a side note, self censorship is a shameful thing Yahtzee.
I'm sure if you play this game for hours on end than it might give you an headache but the documents and other things you have to look at are quite legible and don't involve eye strain. This isn't like the blurry/tiny words in many console games and I've had no problem with reading anything.

Mr. Happy Face

May 8, 2013
Man, this topic was mostly dead, and I hate to start up the fire again, but I feel the need to say something.

Bravo, Mr. Croshaw. Bravo to you, sir. It takes a big man to admit when he's made a mistake, and it takes an even bigger man to admit to a mistake and correct it on the Internet, where the digital sharks are always circling for blood.

Here's how I see it: Yahtzee made a joke that offended the LGBT community, but instead of calling them all tossers and going about his day, he examined the joke in context and decided that not only was it somewhat tasteless, it was taking away from the overall message in his review. In other words, he regretted it, so he changed it. That's an act of moral and intellectual courage if ever I've seen one, because he had to know that it was going to piss off some of his fans. But he did it anyway.

So to all the Yahtzee haters out there, I have this to say: Quit screaming about censorship and giving in to special interest. This isn't about that. This is about getting a message across in the best way possible, and Yahtzee has done that. Hat's off, sir. :)

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
So let me get this right, trans people and supporters want acceptance, but cant stand it when someone makes a joke? a joke not made out of hatred or anything, just a joke? yeesh.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
snowfi6916 said:
If your "girlfriend" has a penis, doesn't that make her a man? Call me old fashion (or a bigot) but I'm pretty sure men have penises and women have vaginas.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
"Pantomime dames"? That's not what I remember. Looks like Yahtzee will censor himself if pressured hard enough.