Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Funny, yet it's impossible to call a game the best game ever, simply because there are so many friggin genres. But I loved PoP SoT, but couldn't stand the sequal. Those completly missfitting rock/metal tunes on the background and the emo prince pissed me off a lot.

PS: To anyone taking his top 5 list too serious, and his reviews in general: sod off, it's Yáthzee, not IGN...

Evan Waters

Dec 12, 2007
bodiddly83 post=6.68312.633352 said:
Here is a link for the stupid Dizzy games. Its a quick compile of the games but you can get the general stupid idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phqPDyWGNkA&feature=related

If this is what Putzhee holds up as what games should be working towards people(including him) need to seriously reconsider exactly what they want out of a video game. Seems like nostalgia is what drives Easymode Man, because that is the only possible reason anyone could like these stupid games.

anyone who wants to play it could prolly do little foot work on the internets and find both an emulator and a rom and try this craptastic game for themselves.
What's bad about them? All I can see is that they're sort of adventure games with slight platforming elements.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
I always thought Chronicles of Riddick was one of the best movies-made-into-games so far. Definitely better than Spiderman 2.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
snuge post=6.68312.627498 said:
To quote the interwebs: zero punctuation and croshaw are getting fukken old by the hour. The first time I saw ZP, it was funny as hell. I almost fell off my chair. But now I just smile and occationally let out a little laugh. This kind of humour isn't lasting, trolling pretendously day after day. I'm waiting for the next internet fun machine.
And yet you are here, posting.

PoP:SoT was quite a mediocore expirience. The platforming was nice (except for the parts when you didn't have the dagger of time), but combat was a big 'meh'. Either hacky hacky with the big guys who could defend or vaulting over more stupid monsters and after the credits I found myself with a dull face, sighing. It was well done and you'd see that it was made by professionals, but also it gave an impression that there wasn't actually much effort put into it.
You didn't actually watch the vid, did you? Yahtzee actually points out that the combat in SoT was mediocre.

PlaylistOne

Jul 31, 2008
Shiuz91 post=6.68312.638391 said:
1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. PoP SoT
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Fabtasy World Dizzy
Alright utter disgust here i come
Wait, Spider-Man2????
I don't think i have ever seen a reference to it as one of his favorite games, although I wouldn't be surprised.

Jun 13, 2008
I feel like such a doctor newb.
I like the 10th doctor Daved Tennent. He's so frik'n clever. ;3;
Not because he's rugged manly gorgousness could slay a baby walrus, though that helps the cause a bit. ... He has side burns for the love of god! D:

Vitalix

Sep 27, 2007
His top 5 list is reasonable. Yet, one wonders how Fantasy World Dizzy and Silent Hill 2 can outrank Half-Life or Half-Life 2. HL and HL2 have analogously rich and intelligent environments to SH2, but lack the awfully clunky combat and interaction problems plaguing SH2.

As for characters, who is more fully developed and nuanced: Alyx Vance or that-whats-her-name-woman from Prince of Persia? The PoP woman is witty, but lacks the complexity that Valve put into Alyx.

ikari_matt

Aug 19, 2008
1.Silent Hill 2
2.Portal
3.Prince of Persia Sands of Time
4.Earthbound
5.Fantasy world dizzy

are does it?

8D

ikari_matt

Aug 19, 2008
no wait wait wait

i got it

Portal,
Silent Hill 2,
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time,
Spider-Man 2 and Fantasy World Dizzy

as your top 5 8D isnt that right?

jamesc

Jul 30, 2008
I swear to god, if he doesnt reveiw the new prince.. On another note, perfect reveiw as always. Why is it that he likes all my faveorite games?

The Anti Noob

May 27, 2008
Yahtzee, you are my hero. Finally someone stands up for the right kinds of games, like Psychonauts and No More Heroes. BTW, i tried putting Branston Pickles on Killer 7 and No More Heroes, and the universe didn't end. Sad day.

parttimeesthete

Aug 14, 2008
Okay... here is what I thought and I think it is something that most people in this thread should finally understand:

THE REASON why his top-5 list was disguised is because it is HIS list. Everybody has their own favorites and so does Ben Croshaw, 'internet celebrity'. It's clearly a subjective choice of his and this is why NO ONE HERE should even bother to discuss and complain about it!

THE REASON why the list was not fully hidden but just scrambled (or whatever you call that in English) is to dare the fanboys to be PATHETIC and do that exactly to proove how fanboy-ish they are.