Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

zenintrude

Aug 13, 2008
#4 is Resident Evil 4, not Spider-Man 2.... Seriously, here's the PAL cover:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/spfiner/resident_evil4.jpg

You actually thought his #4 favorite game of all time would be Spider-Man 2??

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
http://a928.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/29/l_8b08c988a001b013ad4ebd1b742cd0e7.jpg

Thats an Screenshot I just cooked up :p

Great review, made me laugh hysterically, cant wait for next wednesday (no seriously... i cant o_O) =D

Top 5 Games:
Portal
Prince of Persia
Silent Hill 2
Spiderman 2
Fantasy World Dizzy

NOT Silent Hill 4, its very very clearly not SH4, I dont even know how we got to this. There arnt even enough words to give it its full title, and the last word is man without a doubt. My screen shot WAS bigger but Myspace made to smaller ¬_¬

ALTHOUGH! I'm willing to accept the possibility of it being Resi 4 (having read someone post). It could very well be Resi 4, it does make sense. Resi 4 was fairly epic :p I've never played Spiderman 2, but Ive played Resi 4 and I can tell anyone its very likely in my top 5 games. So yeah makes sense :p

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. PoP: Sands of Time
4. Spider Man 2
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

I think #4 is in fact Spiderman and not Silent Hill 4. Whether that's a joke or not is unknown.

iod

Nov 15, 2006
Really? Tom Baker? That's so retro, man.

(yes, spot on topic, as always)

ZerodMikestar

May 14, 2008
Hey I'm all for Resi 4 being a great game...it's just that isn't the box art for it! It's for Spiderman 2 (for the Xbox if that hint of lighter colours at the top is what I think it is)

LoganAsh

Jul 7, 2008
Wow, good review of the series, first ZP episode i've really enjoyed in a while. The first PoP was fantastic, the epic design/music and truly Arabian feel that was captured, created an amazing sense of immersion. The thired game really dissapointed me, the stealth aspect was interesting, but overall it lacked the same atmosphere of the first.

As for the top 5 games, if he did indeed include Spiderman 2 and Silent Hill: the Room, poor... poor... poor show Mr Yahtzee!

DarthTirith

Nov 2, 2007
Great review, three games in one! I've only played the first two games, loved them to death. Nice shot at the total ass wipe that was PoP 3D.

ShmenonPie

Nov 15, 2007
Yahtzee's top 5 are:
1: Portal
2: Silent Hill 2
3: POP Sands of Time
4: Spider Man 2 (WTF???)
5: Fantasy World Dizzy (for the Commodore 64, no less)

I win Yahtzee's utter disgust!
PS. He has a small and unsatisfying penis... LOL.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
zenintrude post=6.68312.624364 said:
#4 is RE4, not Spider-Man 2.... Seriously, here's the PAL cover:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/spfiner/resident_evil4.jpg

You actually thought his #4 favorite game of all time would be Spider-Man 2??
No. No, I don't think that he would let a mass-media-franchise game anywhere near his list, as much as he loves that movie.

And I don't think he'd rate Resident Evil quite so high, while he's amused by their pretension to take themselves seriously. The storytelling is full of, to use his own words, "plot-holes the size of a catomite's rectum" and as we know, Yahtzee is one of those smarmy Games-R-Art fagmosexuals. So if two games, say, RE4 and SH4, have bad design choices and one has better storytelling than the other, my intuition tells me that the one with the better story will get rated higher no matter how many uppity Spanish peasants you gun down in the other.

Then again my intuition tells me I can actually make a living writing instead of banging away on lines of code or asking you people if you want fries with your overcooked frozen burger.

EDIT: I stand corrected [http://a928.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/29/l_8b08c988a001b013ad4ebd1b742cd0e7.jpg]. How about a shake with those fries?

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
The fourth game appears to be an xbox title. A third game in a series because a 2 doesn't really fit and the second game in the list appears to have the number four on the end.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
NezumiiroKitsune said:
NOT Silent Hill 4, its very very clearly not SH4, I dont even know how we got to this. There arnt even enough words to give it its full title, and the last word is man without a doubt. My screen shot WAS bigger but Myspace made to smaller ¬_¬
*raises hand, hangs head* Sorry.

StatikShock

Mar 18, 2008
Apparently all you "fan-personz" (spelled with a z to make it more in line with "bois") failed to notice the rather large sentence at the end of the video above the URL for his website.

Edit: The one in contention is Spider-man 2 (which, SHOCKING DEVELOPMENTS, was a great game, I think I'll go play it right now, actually)

Use this as a reference:
http://www.njsoft.dk/ps2/Spiderman_2_pal-front.jpg
and the screencap from the person above:
http://a928.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/29/l_8b08c988a001b013ad4ebd1b742cd0e7.jpg

I think it's pretty plain to see. Additionally, the word fits.

Telekinesis

Apr 26, 2008
Huh, it's quite obviously Spider-Man 2, as much as you deny it.
It may be half joking or nostalgia again, like Fantasy World Dizzy, but seriously, you think that after the hard time he gave Silent Hill 4 he'd rate it so high?

But anyways, regarding the review, I didn't like Sands of Time myself. The battles were just a mess, and the platforming could get annoying when you missed ledges or whatever because of the lack of colors/light, aside from grey and brown.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist post=6.68312.624337 said:
Erana post=6.68312.624331 said:
He's adorable when he talks about things he likes. ^^
My girlfriend agrees. I needed to give her a sedative to keep her from hopping on a plane to Brisbane to bear his children.
;-; Not that kind of adorable.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist post=6.68312.624401 said:
NezumiiroKitsune said:
*raises hand, hangs head* Sorry.
Awwh come on :( Making me feel like I kicked a retarded puppy XD

Oh yes a CAD quote, and I love it :p

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
StatikShock post=6.68312.624403 said:
Apparently all you "fan-personz" (spelled with a z to make it more in line with "bois") failed to notice the rather large sentence at the end of the video above the URL for his website.
Yahtzee's going to be disgusted with us no matter what we do, given that we're human beings (and, in some cases, American). Might as well make an effort to pay attention to the work he puts into his satire.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Erana post=6.68312.624406 said:
BlueInkAlchemist post=6.68312.624337 said:
Erana post=6.68312.624331 said:
He's adorable when he talks about things he likes. ^^
My girlfriend agrees. I needed to give her a sedative to keep her from hopping on a plane to Brisbane to bear his children.
;-; Not that kind of adorable.
Not to me, either. Then again, I'm not into the bumming lifestyle.

NezumiiroKitsune post=6.68312.624408 said:
Awwh come one :( Making me feel like I kicked a retarded puppy XD Oh yes a CAD quote, and I love it :p
How does one say "GLEE" in dog?