Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

Sensei Le Roof

Jul 2, 2008
c0mb0 br3ak3r post=6.68312.624927 said:
BTW i thought Peggle was going to be on it for sure.
You're kidding, right? I seem to recall Yahtzee having "less than love" for Peggle, nowhere near top-five status.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
What's wrong with Spiderman 2? You get to swing around at 200MPH (according to the stats page. It also records how many times you bump into people), jump from the top of the empire state building, saving yourself at the last second with a zip-line, hang up criminals and then punch them over and over and over again, take criminals to the top of the empire state building and then slam them into the ground, take a ride around hanging from a helicopter, and if you're lucky, you'll encounter a glitch where instead of being tied to a lamp-post, the criminal gets tied to your ankle, dangling behind you as you continue to make your death-defying (well, for you at least. Not sure about the thug getting stringed along) leaps. Fun times.

Artanias

Jul 30, 2008
1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. POP: Sand Of Time
4. Spiderman 2
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

yea yea i know others said it :p

Also great video :)

SirCannonFodder post=6.68312.625207 said:
What's wrong with Spiderman 2? You get to swing around at 200MPH (according to the stats page. It also records how many times you bump into people), jump from the top of the empire state building, saving yourself at the last second with a zip-line, hang up criminals and then punch them over and over and over again, take criminals to the top of the empire state building and then slam them into the ground, take a ride around hanging from a helicopter, and if you're lucky, you'll encounter a glitch where instead of being tied to a lamp-post, the criminal gets tied to your ankle, dangling behind you as you continue to make your death-defying (well, for you at least. Not sure about the thug getting stringed along) leaps. Fun times.
Agreed 100%, only reason i never fully completed it was because it belonged to a friend and i had no money at that time, i actually completely forgot about it. The 2nd game was in my opinion BRILIANT, had an awesome combat system, good graphics and the whole open world thing was handled really well, not to mention the web-slinging was nothing but pure awesomeness.

CodeChrono

Mar 29, 2008
It was an interesting review. I'm kind of hoping hoping for a retrospect of RPG's and why they suck in his eyes.

clOne513

May 22, 2008
it could be

1)portal
2)silent hill 2 (thou not sure)
3)PoP Sands Of Time
4)Carmagedon
5)Fantasy World Dizzy

clOne513

May 22, 2008
damn... its been 4 hours since the article is out and someone already updated the Fantasy World Dizzy article on wiki
ben might need some bo(d)yguards soon :p

PipChaos

May 1, 2008
I say

Portal
Okami
Psychonauts
Prince of Persia, Sands of Time
Painkiller

Some of the best games I ever played.
Perhaps somewhere in there is Fallout, System Shock 2, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Detective Columbo + kawaii face = NIGHTMARE FUEL.

Tom Baker = best Doctor ever.

Would you like a Jelly Baby?

I'm also thinking that a lot of people are earning Yahtzee's scorn and disgust right now, though I'm sure that he's got plenty to disburse to the deserving.

Biskmatar

Aug 13, 2008
Portal
Silent Hill 2
PoP: Sands of Time
Spiderman 2
Fantasy World Dizzy
Can i have your utter disgust now?

sirdiealot88

Apr 3, 2008
Prince of Persia was awesome, one of games that made my Gamecube look like a real console, but the original was the best, but so damn hard - come on 1 hour to complete the whole game, glad they got rid of the that idea

TheUnbeholden

Dec 13, 2007
1. Portal

2. Silent Hill 2

3. PoP: Sands Of Time

4. Spider Man 2

5. Fantasy World Dizzy

heres the proof, http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h165/eziniti/yahtzee.jpg

So STFU about it people.

my top 5

1. Half Life

2. Max Payne

3. Deus Ex

4. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines

5. System Shock 2

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
My brief experience with sands of time lead to nothing but annoyance and frustration, of course this is back when I was still in the teen years so the lack of patience and constant anger probably had something to do with it. Maybe I'll go raid the bargain bins for a copy, hmm. But then I find yahtzees opinions to only ever be 50 - 60% equal to mine and i like ALOT of different games so bleh. Personally I thought the jak and daxter games of last gen took platforming and made it into perfection, I wonder if yahtzee ever played that series. I'm still praying naughtydog make a 'jak 4' instead of a *cough* uncharted 2.