Zero Punctuation: Prototype

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
jtc11492 said:
http://www.examiner.com/x-7161-Chicago-Console-Game-Examiner~y2009m7d4-Zero-Punctuation-Challenge-Meets-Awkward-End--Potentially-NSFW
Oooooooooold news.

If you want to know the full story on that, go to the source [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/6228-Yahtzees-Prototype-vs-InFamous-Challenge].

Craftybonds

Raging Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
Having played and loved both of these games, i think i prefer prototype a little bit more.

Infamous definitely has it's moments, and a truly awesome storyline, but i absolutely loved the game play of prototype above all else. It combines the awesomeness and completely exaggerated type of game play from crackdown, with the same sort of stealth that assassin's creed uses. also, the whole manipulation of guards thing was entirely too fun.

Naminator236

May 13, 2010
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUUUUUU!

You have gave me the urge to play prototype again.

I don't know why, but I just love this game, time to beat it again.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
So, the winner is the Game who's main character can be a better Drag-Queen o_O?
Well... if you're into that kind of stuff you could just check-out Deviantart

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
NoMoreSanity said:
Hilarious, though Whipfist is useless agaisnt Hunters. Plus Blade and Armor is awesome to the max! *Strangles self*
Hunter grab is useful against those.

Psyko

Nov 8, 2010
ok im really late to add to this but i gotta share my two cents because im opinionated.

I played the hell out of both of these games and about 3/4 of the way through infamous i got really bored and fell asleep. its increadibly repetitive, the player's powers handle like a golf caddy on pogo sticks and the story is shit. there are no powerups to speak of and its very short. you spend most of the time in a sewer, and each level in the sewer is a tedious repitision of the last. the only good parts are when you are infiltrating huge garbage compounds which are rare, and aiming is clumsy and enoying.

Prototype. the story is shit, alex is a retard and the map was stolen off spiderman3...BUT the fighting is epic. you said you only used the tenticle thing well clearly you didnt explore the fighting dimentions well enough because if you did you would find that you would eventually find yourself hurling yourself around flicking rapidly between powers for (not just creative but) nessesary enemy rape. if i stood around using the whip all day, monstors would skullfuck me. i got a couple of hundred hours of game play out of this, because i have no life and its mindless carnage and it lets me blow off some steam between shit/pressurising games.
I dont get why your always critisising games like they are movies or literature, sinse when did story ever fucking matter in a game. the level of emmersion is down to the player, not the knob jocky who wrote the story. the storys are usually rippoffs from movies anyway, its called the design method and its used in every commertial application imagionable, and its within chimpanzee capacity. If you make a game all you have to do is make people like me smile while i maim sombody who didnt deserve it and throw tits in my face and remind me im awesome for clearly being braindead.
prototype is one of the games that recently came out and was under-rated. you kill thousands of people with an initial thrill which is rare (but admitidly this sensation disipates), the engine uses up so much ps3 CPU you can smell burning plastic coming off the heat sync, your guarenteed a good 100 hours of gameplay if you get into it, the aiming system is refreashing and accurate while not sacrificing the challenge of target aquisition. And one of the best and overlooked qualities is, you dont rage quit and its also a level of cognative activity that keeps you busy for hours.

/rant

The_Deviant

Feb 19, 2009
So uh, did they ever send those pictures of the protagonists?

Can't very well leave this UNRESOLVED now can we? :p

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
The_Deviant said:
So uh, did they ever send those pictures of the protagonists?

Can't very well leave this UNRESOLVED now can we? :p
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/6228-Yahtzees-Prototype-vs-InFamous-Challenge

Hunter15

Jan 12, 2011
i have a more insulting and demeaning way of seeing which company wins... turn the main heroes into girls and not manly girls, wimpy chicken girls that cry every time they step on a feather

Epsum

Mar 11, 2011
It was weird that Yahtzee said that cole couldn't glide because he can, as you unlock the ability in the second area of the game...also INfamous lets you use the tram system, meaning that you use electricity to grind on the rails and power lines as well as use awesome specialized attacks...not just an extendo-arm.

Macheteswordgun

Jul 24, 2010
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Prototype

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Prototype in a head-to-head cage match against inFamous.

Watch Video
Going to go ahead and call a part of your next review or maybe you will avoid it because someone said it. The creators were so lazy and thought you know what was fun in the first game? The overpowered whip arm. You know what would make that even better? What if the whip arm was more powerful and would shoot out spikes and pull everything around you together and make it explode? Yeah that seems ok now we can just put in all the same weapons as the first game and they once again will ignore them and just use the overpowered whip arm.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Mangue Surfer said:
punipunipyo said:
it's been a long time... did you receive any pictures yet? just curious...
http://kotaku.com/5307391/infamous-defeats-prototype-in-cross+dressing-playoff
OMG!~ I think I'll never play this game the same way EVER... again...