Zero Punctuation: Psychonauts

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
Monkeybone post=6.47939.631838 said:
BlueInkAlchemist post=6.47939.624353 said:
My question is, how did Psychonauts not make Yahtzee's top 5?
Maybe he just fudged the list to dick around with people.
He basically said it's a great game. I feel the same way about this game. One that I would love to buy a sequel to but am pissed that so little people bought this (graphics whores. You suck) that publishing a sequel would only make critics think higher of them but would cost the publishers money. back on topic, great does not equal top 5. I personally think he might of liked cod4 more than psychonauts. Oh damn that would make psychonauts his 4th favorite game he reviewed.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I'm a games-for-art person, but I was still dissapointed in Psychonauts. Probably because it was the only non RTSRPG I've played this year except Serious Sam, which was 6 times funnier & had a more massive travel area. One monsterously difficult mind game that made me play it over & over until I had an anxiety attack & had to stop playing anything for a week, that was a little unforgivable, & could have been avoided if the game had cheats for people who don't really like to think & mash buttons at the same time.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
yakaspat said:
How dare you call Jesus our Messiah a pussy! Anybody that post anything on the internet that publically calls Jesus a pussy is surely going to need to confess for the terrible sin that they have commited!
Shut the fuck up, Yakaspat.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
likalaruku said:
yakaspat said:
How dare you call Jesus our Messiah a pussy! Anybody that post anything on the internet that publically calls Jesus a pussy is surely going to need to confess for the terrible sin that they have commited!
Shut the fuck up, Yakaspat.
Don't bump old topics.

And he was most likely joking.

redgubbinz

Dec 6, 2008
Just an interesting note since I didn't see it anywhere else in this thread, but Psychonauts is actually available for free on gametap. So now nobody has any excuse to not have played it through at least once.

crazyburnerboy8

Jan 4, 2009
After this review (and after I crippled my fingers) I went out and bought Psychonauts and do you know what, I Fucking love it, it is the signal most eccentric game I have ever had the pleasure to play and I will no doubt continue to take the advice for the charismatic stallion that is Ben Yahtzee

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
I already played and finished Psychonauts before watching this review, but I admit that everything Yahtzee said is true: the story is fantastic, the combat is "meh", but doesn't make it less fun.

Terrace

Apr 16, 2009
I actually have this game in my house, and only two weeks or so before it leaves. I really should play this game before it gets harder to do so.

Good review, though.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
sooo i know i know i shouldn't be posting on really old threads but i didn't know where else to put it.

This game is freaking wonderful and i love it. I picked it up for 9 bucks in a bin at gamestop and it is amazing, I think i have a new appreciation for platformer. thank you Yahtzee for opening my eyes to games outside of the FPS realm.
that is all.

joshpahr

Nov 2, 2009
I made my friend cripple himself, I didn't because I bought Psychonauts the first month it came out.

S_K

Nov 16, 2007
I have both of double fines games now and I actually think psychonaughts is the more fun one of the 2. Granted the core game is a 3D platformer with collectibles etc, but from what I've played so far they've done their best to keep the story interesting. Hell the main artist behind this is a lucky guy, not many people get to be this freely creative in 1 game