Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil 6

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
DjinnFor said:
In the sense that Resident Evil 4 deviated from the existing franchise in particular ways, and Resident Evil 6 deviated from the existing franchise in particular ways, yes it's basically more of the same.

All the criticisms made of RE6 today are basically the criticisms I made of RE4 back in the day. Except everything that RE4/RE5 did to deviate from the existing franchise, RE6 has improved upon.

The one significant dislike I have, besides the fact that this game is even called Resident Evil anymore, is the over-reliance on and overabundance of cheap deaths for added "difficulty"
Well, to be honest, the first couple of trailers I saw had me interested. But considering the poor critical reception it's getting, the fact that it's the fall season, so a lot of big titles are out, and that I'm knee-deep in Dishonored/XCOM right now, there's nothing here that suggests I should buy it now. I might pick it up later on, when the price comes down a bit, and I have some free time.

Gremlin-Stenning

Jul 29, 2012
Not bothered about this game I downloaded demo and soon found I had to play online with some wanker I didn't like Nore care about

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
OuendanCyrus said:
triggrhappy94 said:
I was hoping he'd mention how Jake is voiced by the same guy who did the voice of default man voice 1 in Saints Row 3, because I actually found that really distracting.
Troy Baker voices like... everyone, ever, and so does Yuri Lowenthal and Laura Bailey, and both of them are in this game.
I figured as much from listening to discussions, but he's doing the exact same voice.
When ever I play I'm always waiting for him to say something like "That really gets the blood pumping... to my loins!"

They should of gotten Sasha Grey to voice a character, that would have been great.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
After playing the demo and seeing the changes they made I cancelled my pre order. I was hoping Capcom had learned something from the mistakes they made in RE5 but apparently not. I'll probably pick this up when its in the 20 dollar range with all the DLC.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Terramax said:
Zing said:
Anyone see the Conan O'Brian Clueless Gamer of this? I found it pretty hilarious.

http://teamcoco.com/video/highlight-clueless-gamer-resident-evil-6
I don't. Because he's clearly been paid by Capcom to make the game look fun. It can't hide that it's a terrible piece of product placement.
Rofl what? He makes fun of the game, it's clearly a comedy bit and you're taking it way too seriously.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Zing said:
Rofl what? He makes fun of the game, it's clearly a comedy bit and you're taking it way too seriously.
That's part of the marketing.

Now define 'too serious'? Am I right in saying he's a television host, who's paid to interview guests, often so that they can promote their latest films, music, etc?

Note how a copy of the game was GIVEN to him i.e. by Capcom, before it was even released.

But assuming it wasn't even a marketing ploy, it still wasn't funny. I've seen people, even from America, on youtube do and say much funnier things than this guy.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Terramax said:
Now define 'too serious'? Am I right in saying he's a television host, who's paid to interview guests, often so that they can promote their latest films, music, etc?

Note how a copy of the game was GIVEN to him i.e. by Capcom, before it was even released.

But assuming it wasn't even a marketing ploy, it still wasn't funny. I've seen people, even from America, on youtube do and say much funnier things than this guy.
In your opinion.

Of course he gets paid to promote products, that is a talk show host's job, and always has been. If you can't find the humor in it just because of that then I feel sad for you.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
According to the author of this video: Resident Evil 4 has the subtitle "The only good one"...
Yes, it was good in putting a tombstone over the survival horror genre. Almost everyone that can't play, or doesn't like horror games, loves RE 4. It's so clichee.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Rheinmetall said:
According to the author of this video: Resident Evil 4 has the subtitle "The only good one"...
Yes, it was good in putting a tombstone over the survival horror genre. Almost everyone that can't play, or doesn't like horror games, loves RE 4. It's so clichee.
Bit of a quick generalization.. Notice that part of the reason he thought it was good was because it seemed more self-aware of being cliche than the others?

I've loved some classic survival horror, but I thought RE4 was plenty enjoyable.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Zing said:
If you can't find the humor in it just because of that then I feel sad for you.
Wow! I'm sorry I angered you enough to be so offensive back to me. I didn't mean to.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Terramax said:
Zing said:
If you can't find the humor in it just because of that then I feel sad for you.
Wow! I'm sorry I angered you enough to be so offensive back to me. I didn't mean to.
Really? You found that offensive? Okay..

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
xPixelatedx said:
While this might just be yet another bad review ontop of a mountain of bad reviews, every single video about how bad this game is still fills me with pure, utter joy.

See boys and girls? This is what happens when you stop trying to be yourself, and instead change your personality to emulate all "the cool kids". You just end up looking like a total ****. Hey, Capcom! Maybe if you actually attempt to one day make a RESIDENT EVIL game, and you try your hardest, you might make another spectacular game, like 4 or the remake of the original. Just start believing in yourself again and not others.
Maybe they'll have this sort of Revelation with the new DmC.
Quit trying to appeal to EVERYONE and remember who the fuck the targeted demographic is.

And Megaman?...Yeah let's just let him rest in peace. Poor little Blue Bastard is probably lost under the stacks of money from DLC and Disc Locked Content profits.

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
And yet people keep buying these franchise titles, so why would the developers try ?

Gamers need to get wise, stop pre-ordering, wait for reviews and stop feeding the lazy companies easy money.

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
xPixelatedx said:
While this might just be yet another bad review ontop of a mountain of bad reviews, every single video about how bad this game is still fills me with pure, utter joy.

See boys and girls? This is what happens when you stop trying to be yourself, and instead change your personality to emulate all "the cool kids". You just end up looking like a total ****. Hey, Capcom! Maybe if you actually attempt to one day make a RESIDENT EVIL game, and you try your hardest, you might make another spectacular game, like 4 or the remake of the original. Just start believing in yourself again and not others.
I'm glad somebody gets it. Also, why does Yahtzee just ignore the fact that the story of this series ( 0, 1, 2, 3 & Code Veronica ) is supposed to be a send up of B-Movie creature features? It isn't some kind of wonderfully written gem of the ages, me old mate.

Kallindril

Apr 22, 2010
I really enjoyed RE6. It's definitely the most fun to play with a friend, but the AI partner is actually smart and won't get themselves killed like Sheva in RE5 every 10 seconds if you do play it alone. I'm not sure by what logic people can rate RE6 lower than RE5, really - the AI isn't dumb as a doornail, and the action scheme is more fluid for an action game. And it's got 4 campaigns, each almost as long as RE5.

So I dunno, I thought it was great. The camera was something of an irritant at times, and I imagine I'll enjoy it even more when they apply a fix for it in December and allow you to pull it back to see more of the scene. To each his own, though.