Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill 2

Conan_Edogawa

Apr 14, 2009
hmm. i have been experiencing a lack of anything that truly messes with your head quite like you say this does, yahtzee. i'll have to look into it.

True Nero

Dahaka Trainer
May 26, 2009
geez.. it's about time. i need to find that game again...

and falling down the stairs makes me burp too...

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
Fucking a burning dolphin. XD

Anyway it was a superb review and I may have to play SH2 now (I own the game but never played it on account of me being a pansy).

thousandfaces

Mar 4, 2009
Finally a SH2 review!!

This game gave me a sensation of uneasiness so bad that i played it no more than an hour.
True story...

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
Really didn't expect Silent Hill 2 to be reviewed this week, but nonetheless it was funny. The "Fucking a burning dolphin," part was kinda...odd.

Anyway, good one, keep it up.

"Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames," hilarious!

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Ehh. To be honest I never thought it was that good. It isn't because of the combat, it's simply I have too much distance from James as a character. I wouldn't be whining about some dead lady, and certainly not afraid because, well, games don't scare me. What I'd be doing is beating the shit out of everything and having an alright time doing it.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
His summing up of Pyramid Head was definately one of the best bits.

Not surprised he reviwed an older game though; there's not much that's come out recently.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i feel its a little strange for a critic to review a game that everyone who are the least bit interested in playing already bought, if not around release then when they saw it in a 2 dollar bin and those who haven't played it by now wont.

its a waste of time and its only interesting for those not interested in games but just wanna hear some kinda game related humor.

also; ZOMG GZ!! to that guy who got first post and im sorry for the two others getting suspended without getting the glory of being first.

edit : quote of the day - Alzabane "shut the fuck up ... (no offence to be taken from this post)"

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
Hell yeah, I was waiting for that one. Greatest game of all time, no doubt about it.
I must've played it a dozen times since it was released and it just never gets old.
So, great review of an even greater game.

Bootkiller

Master of Dimensions
Dec 27, 2008
Sansha said:
I agree with Ben in this one - I like how the Silent Hill series' main character is the town. It's a unique approach to storytelling, not like anything else I've seen.
True. Usually when the main character is an inanimate object, or in this case a place, there isn't much that the writers can do with it. It's nice to see different concepts, back from the times when games were normally original.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Yep, once more Summer has no line up of major releases like the Winter/late Autumn and Spring period. For me in 2009 it's Batman: Arkham Asylum (one I MUST see a ZP review of) and in 2007 it was Bioshock... nothing springs to mind for 2008 though.

Never played a Silent Hill game but I do like the genre (yes Yahtzee, the "real" ones and the ones you consider actions games). Surprised I haven't tried it out yet, I'm always up for playing old games. Heck I just had a Wolfenstein 3D marathon today lol!

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
I'd get It, but I'd only not get pissed by getting the good ending.

I should still get it. I've seen a few of the cutscenes, but to get the whole story I should actually play the damn thing.

Shax_75

Aug 6, 2009
Yahtzee at his best...as always. But IMHO the camera works better than in most games at that time.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
ssgt splatter said:
Ahh, another game from a simpler time. A time before online gaming and before the word NOOB...I think.
Well, most online games were like Quake and all this stuff.....Sooooooo Sorry bub. However give yourself a cookie having the words " a simpler time". Because it was really a simpler time.

abort_user

Aug 4, 2009
nice to see a review of a classic. one of my favorite games as well. though was James a clerk over there? here the instruction manual has his profession listed as Protagonist.

SH2s gameplay was ass. maybe if they realized fans of that game loved playing the story they wouldnt have shoehorned so much of it into other games. tbh i found SH1s gameplay to be more fulfilling.

rorymclean12

Apr 2, 2009
i watched someone playing silent hill 1 on youtube and the story made no sence no me first its an evil power then its some weird shit todo with drugs 0_o anyway good review keep it up :D