Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill 2

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
Good point Yahtzee, developers are looking way too far for new gameplay ideas. Eventually, do they have some idea's, but at the cost of fun. Which, like you say, FUN IS WHAT GAMES ARE BUILT ON IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Looking forward to your next review.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
Partyjerk said:
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
Partyjerk said:
I feel a bit disappointed with this review...
But hey - yes PSone had some nice graphics and the games atmosphere was good enough to s*ucker me in when i tried it the first time..
"Jaaaaammmesss" <- he likes him, probably

probably next review is something common with "wolfs" and "stones"
Silent HIll 2 isn't on the ps1, just ps2, pc and xbox
hehe i didnt check that... just heard what yahtzee said in this review ;)
haha, it was an honest mistake.

syfur81

Jul 19, 2009
Where can I buy this burning Dolphin you speak of? My Dolphin shop will not provide the fire!

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Hmm, I bet the places you are talking about that your parents took you are Great Yarmouth and possibly Devon... I could see how both would make you clamber to Silent Hill for a relaxing experience. I have been to both and the only thing I could find to do was stomp on dinosaurs necks, in a video game of course... Dinosaurs havent existed for at least 4,000 years...

*SLAP!*

Thank you kindly.

I, on the other hand, found the delights of Raccoon City first and oh what a paradise it was by comparison. At least it was only the zombies & monsters trying to destroy my brain rather than the "fun" as well! :D

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
misterprickly said:
I guess his copy of Bio Shock 2 didn't get to him yet 'cause I was hoping to see a revie of a game that WASN'T EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!!
Bioshock 2?
(also Biochock is one word)
You want him to review games from the future?

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
misterprickly said:
I guess his copy of Bio Shock 2 didn't get to him yet 'cause I was hoping to see a revie of a game that WASN'T EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!!

Maybe next week he'll do a review of Super Mario 1 or Duck Hunt.

Well then you should have told him before hand, he isnt a mind reader you know!

Also, he wouldnt have listened and everything would have turned out just the way it has... and whats wrong with doing a bit of back tracking with reviews? Its not like he was making reviews when Silent Hill 2 first came out, and it isnt like he is doing a review of Spacewar! either.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Silent Hill 2 XD So we'll get 2 or 3 normal new games reviews and then some old bad game like Turok instead of Painkiller (a goood game) XD

The sacene with batman looks cool but it's Silent Hill that should be lying dead, not killing people :p That's nerdy of me to point that out XD

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
Other thing I liked included the multiple ending, so only characters you gave three shits about survived.

Orzene

Nov 28, 2008
So, essentially, if they turned Eraser Head into a video game, with the same disjointed, diluted and uncomfortable storyline, characters, and over-all ambiance, then it'd be the a damn good rival to Silent Hill 2.. (Of course you'd need more than a cackling, sick, deformed baby as a monster to make it a truly formidable rival.)

ManStapler

Jul 13, 2009
"He wouldn't be caught dead pressing X to not die"
So, he is a master of quick time events? Other then that, this was a surprise to see, and I did enjoy it, everything including the top finale.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I had a skills test today and when I saw the section on Trigonometry I shat myself. So for me, a man with trigonometry for a head is truly an ordeal.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Tsshhh, this was perhaps the most mediocre ZP ever. The only moment which made me smile was "There was a reviewer here, now he's gone".

Forutunately not as bad as Thief: TDP.

Now I'm definitely sure it's his voice. It just has too much enthusiasm and emotion in it nowadays.

GreasedUpDeafGuy

Aug 20, 2009
I've never understood why Yahtzee loves Silent Hill 2 so much. It bored me to tears! But perhaps I didn't give it a fair chance as I had just come off playing Metal Gear 2 and Final Fantasy X. Then I put in Silent Hill 2 and what super cool weapons do they give me? A flashlight and a board with a nail in it. Nah, I'd rather play ratchet & clank and blow the $#&T out of everything in sight.

Feb 28, 2008
Wondering when the mentioning would culimate in an actual review. Was expecting a bit more if I'm honest, particularly something about the locked doors... (The lock is broken, the lock is broken).