Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill Homecoming

Zabadack

Mar 22, 2008
Pretty much what I expected to see from Silent Hill.

I expect a similar effect from fallout 3, i'm getting it anyway
but i'm worried it's gonna have the same problems.

Charisma

Oct 28, 2008
The two minute phone call addon to this vidya was great. There was another one about a job interview a while back I've been dying to rewatch, but I can't find it.

PLZ 2 HELP SUM 1 ?!?!1

Feb 13, 2008
Charisma post=362.74729.862149 said:
The two minute phone call addon to this vidya was great. There was another one about a job interview a while back I've been dying to rewatch, but I can't find it.

PLZ 2 HELP SUM 1 ?!?!1
The Witcher. Twenty minutes...outside...pufferfish.

Which really should be on one of the ZP T-shirts as well as "Press X not to Die."

Charisma

Oct 28, 2008
Excellent, thanks.

Also, where can I leave my ballot voting Yahtzee Croshaw as president of all that exists?

Feb 13, 2008
Charisma said:
Excellent, thanks.

Also, where can I leave my ballot voting Yahtzee Croshaw as president of all that exists?
On the back of a self-addressed cheque to Croshaw Acquisitions: Silent Hill posted to me. If the name's too long, you can just use the initials.

skoomaeater

Jul 29, 2008
Has anyone else noticed that Yahtzee make more sense when you are drunk but is funnier when you are sober (n.b - written in the sober state)

helpup

Aug 12, 2008
While I do believe that Pyramid Head was put in originally for fan service I think they did a good job with it. I mean, it's already been established in two that he's the executioner punishing the guilty, it's in the town's mythology. So Sheperd's Glenn being a neighbouring town it's not suprising at all that they could take the story and change it for a scary tale to scare children with the whole "Boogeyman" motif. James' issues were the whole rape/kink/pillow stuff, so that's what his Pyramid was. Adam's Pyramid (since it was obviously not Alex's since he was ignored by it) is individualized to him as well, one change being the great knife turning in to a combat knife.

That's exactly what's supposed to happen. The town is supposed to evolve. I mean, where would we be if they didn't decide the town could manifest desires and guilt? Just becuause it's later in the series doesn't mean it can't continue to change and evolve or put more information on the already established.

...I'm still turning in the bloody thing for something more interesting as soon as I can though. >_>;

SOAL

Oct 30, 2008
AH! Man i was so excited about this game too...Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games of ALL TIME...I'm glad i watched this before i went and bought it..i hate the idea of a sidekick in pretty much any game...there are certain games where that's an exception but NOT in a survival horror game..that's also the reason Fable 2 was shot down for me...a dog? who needs a dog in fable and why?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
God help us when he reviews Fallout 3 - the some fans of the first two games have a hatred for the game that could burn a hole down into the core of the Earth and then denotate with the force of a dozen suns going nova. And the most common complaint I've read? But its not in an isometric view *twinch*

Yahtzee does seem to point out 'fan vs fanboy' issue well and he's very right - fans will never, EVER be happy with new games - or at least, not all of them will be. Its like Deus Ex 2 was an alright game by itself, but fans ripped it apart because of the original (can't say I blame'm but I'm a Deus Ex...fan...I think (hopefully not fanboy) )

Mr_Vorhias

Feb 27, 2008
This is a textbook case of how Americans don't know what constitutes horror anymore. It's more than just quick cuts and shots of rusty things.

Nov 11, 2008
This was a Good review Really poitned out that Anyone can startle but it takes time and effort for Really Get me Scared...Bioshock is a good examle how to Get your gamer scared...

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
sigh..

Well the Americans didn't fuck it up as much as I'd expected them to, but sadly, the removal of most things that make a game scary (real fear, not just jump scares) is becoming a startling habit.

PedroSteckecilo said:
(I sold my SH 1 years ago, a mistake on my part).
As for you Pedro, having done so myself, I suggest that you search ebay/craig's list for the original Silent Hill, if you're interested. A lot of copies were being sold last time I checked, and you might still be able to find a reasonably priced copy (you know I recommend it).

CHIPISAMAZING

Nov 21, 2008
I was slightly disapointed with the whole hype of the pyramid head in the game, and not being able to even fight it or come in contact with it! it didnt ruin it but would have been better than just one cutscene! :/ still loved the the sean bean quote there.

Frigori Laecasein

Nov 24, 2008
"I'm sorry, I've just been having a bad day. I can't find one of the three emblems to unlock my front door and...."

Best part, to my mind.