Zero Punctuation: SimCity

KelDG

Dec 27, 2012
Awesome, all my thoughts on this game compressed into 5 mins !!!!

I really cannot understand why so many people defend EA over these decisions. The only thing they got right was a poo map lol.

Dec 14, 2009
I haven't played a SimCity game in years...

Maybe I should get 4, since that's widely considered as one of the best?

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
how is it i always manage to avoid all these gaming pitfalls?

oh, right the origin badge! heh..

'sigh' ship sailed years ago but people were too blind to notice tbh

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
KelDG said:

I really cannot understand why so many people defend EA over these decisions.
Because their heads are inserted so far into their own rectums, they sniff farts and think they are smelling cake?

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

Or you could get Tropico 4 and deny EA some more money.

KelDG

Dec 27, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:

You should grab 4, I have been playing that and Tropico instead of this new one. If you play 4 install NAM and CAM mods. NAM makes the traffic work properly and CAM allows for bigger and better buildings (eventually). I cannot believe the amount of still active content creators there are still about for Sim City 4

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
Morning wood is still a viable name though!

and yeah the AI be extremelly stupid, after you hit 100k citizens the traffic clogs no matter what even with avenues everywhere

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
That is the most level headed review I have heard actually. Everyone wants to talk about the little tiny things the game does that is "amazing", when the reality is that it offers slightly less than SimCity 4 unless you're looking for online features... which from what I understand not too many people are. And it's not because they aren't halfway decent features when they work, it's because other games offer much more robust online features, though not in a city building game.

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
This may have been the slowest Zero Punctuation I've ever seen...

I would think about hazarding "most sarcastic," too, but there's a lot of competition for that.

dharmaBum0

Mar 17, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:

You'll hear from a lot of old-school SimCity players that say 2/3000 was the pinnacle of the series, but I don't quite understand why. SC4 did everything those games did better and did it's own things well too.

SC4 still has an active modding community, and still manages to look pretty good (minus the silly portraits of the advisers). A big complaint is that it's pretty hard, which it is at first.

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
Honestly, I'm impressed their word filter is complex enough to catch something like "Dogbollock". It's just a shame they didn't put that effort into something less pointless.

UM536

Dec 9, 2010
Your web show does not invalidate the point about extroverts. Loved the video.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
LadyRhian said:
KelDG said:

I really cannot understand why so many people defend EA over these decisions.
Because their heads are inserted so far into their own rectums, they sniff farts and think they are smelling cake?
Damn, you beat me too it LadyRhian.

Well, glad to see he took a basebat to EA and this games kneecaps for the sheer nerve they had to say that they know how we want to have fun. No you fucking don't EA, you haven't in a very long time.

"Gonna burn thy honky ass."

Oh Yahtzee, that line made my day and maybe my week. I needed a good laugh this morning and that did it. :D