Zero Punctuation: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

nightowlc

Nov 5, 2008
... I can't get past the idea of a game you fight a ghost that rearranges the furniture every time your back is turned. That sounds kind of awesome.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
So it's every modern military shooter with streamlined Farcary gameplay and a main character with the potty mouth of a Gears of War character. Who wants to play that kind of game? Honest question, I'm curious.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Huh, sounds like it was scientifically devised to make me hate it. Glad I'm never going to play it, then.

Also, one of the funniest ZP's in a while.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
erttheking said:
So it's every modern military shooter with streamlined Farcary gameplay and a main character with the potty mouth of a Gears of War character. Who wants to play that kind of game? Honest question, I'm curious.
12 year olds that'll play anything that looks like CoD, according to Ubisoft. Doubt they're right though.

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
"It's like a fucking James Bond film but James Bond has had all his charisma sucked out and replaced with unresolved parental issues."

So it's a Daniel Craig James Bond film then?

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
Silentpony said:
He really doesn't like war games, does he? I'm surprised he didn't do the Sexy Brutale.
He doesn't like jingoism, rather than war games. The whole "america is the world police" thing is kind of fucked, to be honest.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I'm still giggling about the big-bearded Russian saying "I'm gonna smack my ***** up". Now where did I put that video?
Oh! Here it is:
(I didn't want to incur the wrath of the mods, so I used a censored version of the video)

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
GrumbleGrump said:
Silentpony said:
He really doesn't like war games, does he? I'm surprised he didn't do the Sexy Brutale.
He doesn't like jingoism, rather than war games. The whole "america is the world police" thing is kind of fucked, to be honest.
It would be if everyone wasn't always asking America to intervene, or what America is going to do about X or if American can send in more ground troops, or when America is going to send over some fancy new weapons and oh if you wouldn't mind paying for it, that'd be great!

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
Silentpony said:
GrumbleGrump said:
Silentpony said:
It would be if everyone wasn't always asking America to intervene, or what America is going to do about X or if American can send in more ground troops, or when America is going to send over some fancy new weapons and oh if you wouldn't mind paying for it, that'd be great!
I was talking in a more cold war context, where police action meant "commies die".

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
I personally quite like this franchise, I honestly kinda prefer it over Sniper Elite. Not surprised Yahtzee wasn't big on it though.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
GrumbleGrump said:
Silentpony said:
The COD games aren't really "jingoism" though since more often not it's actually the U.K. that saves the day. When it comes to COD I largely agree with Jim Sterling's reviews of those games.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Silentpony said:
GrumbleGrump said:
Silentpony said:
That's the one thing people criticizing out foreign policy often forget-lots of countries ask us to help them(some people in Iraq were actually begging us not to leave).