Zero Punctuation: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
RaikuFA said:
erttheking said:
So it's every modern military shooter with streamlined Farcary gameplay and a main character with the potty mouth of a Gears of War character. Who wants to play that kind of game? Honest question, I'm curious.
12 year olds that'll play anything that looks like CoD, according to Ubisoft. Doubt they're right though.
That's an unfounded stereotype, the Ghost Warrior series has it's own niche audience-people like me who want a Sniper game in a modern setting as opposed to a WW2 one(not really a Sniper Elite fan).

The whole "only 12 year olds play COD" meme is getting really damn tiresome.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Silentpony said:
He really doesn't like war games, does he? I'm surprised he didn't do the Sexy Brutale.
He liked the first Modern Warfare and he liked Spec Ops the Line.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Did it really use the phrase "world police"? Because, yeah, I'd never heard the phrase used outside of deliberate Team America references either.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
darkrage6 said:
RaikuFA said:
erttheking said:
So it's every modern military shooter with streamlined Farcary gameplay and a main character with the potty mouth of a Gears of War character. Who wants to play that kind of game? Honest question, I'm curious.
12 year olds that'll play anything that looks like CoD, according to Ubisoft. Doubt they're right though.
That's an unfounded stereotype, the Ghost Warrior series has it's own niche audience-people like me who want a Sniper game in a modern setting as opposed to a WW2 one(not really a Sniper Elite fan).

It's wouldn't be said if it wasn't true.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
RaikuFA said:
darkrage6 said:
As a CoD fan, this is sadly massively the case. I don't think it's NEARLY as bad with the past CoDs but the most recent one and maybe the one before it will always be filled with pubescent boys.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
RaikuFA said:
darkrage6 said:
RaikuFA said:
erttheking said:

But it isn't true though, and lots of things that are not true are said all the time, that's some weird logic you got there.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Arnoxthe1 said:
RaikuFA said:
darkrage6 said:
As a CoD fan, this is sadly massively the case. I don't think it's NEARLY as bad with the past CoDs but the most recent one and maybe the one before it will always be filled with pubescent boys.
They are just a vocal minority.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
sigh i was really looking forward to this game but every review ive read has just said its very dull and average

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Snipers don't hold their breath while shooting, game. They are trained to breathe much more slowly than normal so that their breathing doesn't influence their aim (which can happen at the extended range of sniper shots). I've also read that they do biofeedback training to slow their heartbeat so they can shoot between heartbeats, because even that much of a bump can throw your aim off over long distances, but the jury seems to be out on whether or not that's fact or fiction.
In any case, this game has its facts wrong and is therefore a bad game.

Or maybe it's a bad game for all the other reasons.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
RJ Dalton said:
Snipers don't hold their breath while shooting, game. They are trained to breathe much more slowly than normal so that their breathing doesn't influence their aim (which can happen at the extended range of sniper shots). I've also read that they do biofeedback training to slow their heartbeat so they can shoot between heartbeats, because even that much of a bump can throw your aim off over long distances, but the jury seems to be out on whether or not that's fact or fiction.
In any case, this game has its facts wrong and is therefore a bad game.

Or maybe it's a bad game for all the other reasons.
It's called "acceptable breaks from reality", games don't have to be 100% realistic.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
darkrage6 said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
darkrage6 said:
not really proving anything, I know there are 12 year olds who do that, but they're not the majority of the people that buy COD every year.
And yet this vocal 'minority' is all I ever hear whenever I try to play any CoD game online. On the off chance that you do get matched up with another adult who's actually using their mic to communicate and strategize they are generally drowned out by the all the annoying tweens.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I don't know why, but the line "Fill me with your American babies." got a particularly hardy chuckle out of me. :^)

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
darkrage6 said:
The COD games aren't really "jingoism" though since more often not it's actually the U.K. that saves the day. When it comes to COD I largely agree with Jim Sterling's reviews of those games.
...Who's talking about COD? He actually liked 4 for simply being decently written and hates the rest for being terribly written and generally shit.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Sorry. I am sure I'll be buying this anyway. With a bag of chips. Should keep me entertained some what. I am disappointed that it was not great.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Sheo_Dagana said:
darkrage6 said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
darkrage6 said:
not really proving anything, I know there are 12 year olds who do that, but they're not the majority of the people that buy COD every year.
And yet this vocal 'minority' is all I ever hear whenever I try to play any CoD game online. On the off chance that you do get matched up with another adult who's actually using their mic to communicate and strategize they are generally drowned out by the all the annoying tweens.
To be fair i've never played multiplayer in COD games, I only play them for the campaigns.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
GrumbleGrump said:
darkrage6 said:
The COD games aren't really "jingoism" though since more often not it's actually the U.K. that saves the day. When it comes to COD I largely agree with Jim Sterling's reviews of those games.
...Who's talking about COD? He actually liked 4 for simply being decently written and hates the rest for being terribly written and generally shit.
I like all the COD games except for World at War and the first Black Ops, also the new WW2 one is not looking very impressive from what i've seen so far.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Yeah, lying in the mud motionless for three or four days, keeping full concentration all the time, because you have only one single try, and quite possibly whether you'll fulfill that one try or not you'll be dead within the next hour - it's such a fucking easy job, absolutely nothing about warriors!