Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
darkrage6 said:
GrumbleGrump said:
Silentpony said:
He really doesn't like war games, does he? I'm surprised he didn't do the Sexy Brutale.
He doesn't like jingoism, rather than war games. The whole "america is the world police" thing is kind of fucked, to be honest.
The COD games aren't really "jingoism" though since more often not it's actually the U.K. that saves the day. When it comes to COD I largely agree with Jim Sterling's reviews of those games.
I don't know, this http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/gameinformer/features/usagames/usablackops.jpg seems to be laying the "America Saves the Day" shit on pretty thick.

And then there's pretty much all of Ghosts, where it's terrible when the scary latinos hijack our orbiting doomsday weapon to use against us, but when we do it on them, it's A'Okay 'cause MURICA!

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Dalisclock said:
darkrage6 said:
GrumbleGrump said:
Silentpony said:
He really doesn't like war games, does he? I'm surprised he didn't do the Sexy Brutale.
He doesn't like jingoism, rather than war games. The whole "america is the world police" thing is kind of fucked, to be honest.
The COD games aren't really "jingoism" though since more often not it's actually the U.K. that saves the day. When it comes to COD I largely agree with Jim Sterling's reviews of those games.
I don't know, this http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/gameinformer/features/usagames/usablackops.jpg seems to be laying the "America Saves the Day" shit on pretty thick.

And then there's pretty much all of Ghosts, where it's terrible when the scary latinos hijack our orbiting doomsday weapon to use against us, but when we do it on them, it's A'Okay 'cause MURICA!
Eh Ghosts seemed fine to me, I think people are overreacting to that whole thing. Also i'm getting tired of people constantly saying "Murica!", getting to be an annoying meme at this point.

Plus there's the fact that the main bad guy in Ghosts happens to be an American.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
It was far easier to ignore the sniper rifle, ride a bike to the edge of the camp, and then just go full auto while yelling "I am stealthy" so the enemies all run towards you. Also make this thing a much quicker playthrough.

Oldcodger

Dec 13, 2012
"I'd rather hammer my scrotum into a six foot pancake and roll myself into a bollock burrito." Superb!

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Rastrelly said:
Yeah, lying in the mud motionless for three or four days, keeping full concentration all the time, because you have only one single try, and quite possibly whether you'll fulfill that one try or not you'll be dead within the next hour - it's such a fucking easy job, absolutely nothing about warriors!
Perhaps "Sentry" would be more appropriate?