Zero Punctuation: Sonic Unleashed

rayen020

May 20, 2009
idunno what happened to sonic team... it's like they mnake something great, then they make a sequel thats better, then they try to make an other sequel and they try to improve what was already at it's best and screw the whole thing up. sonic for instance. now i think the sonic adventure games where about the best series ever got besides tails somehow getting more girlish and seemngly younger between the games, but starting with sonic heroes the games spiraled down into disgusting peices of shit and voice acting so terrible i wanted to cut myself. phantasy star games did this as well. phantasy star 1&2-good if a little misspelled, phantasy star online - best game on dreamcast and possibly gamecube phantasy star galaxies - ... how? how could you fuck this up? all you had to do was make new levels which you did. then all you had to do was go to the gameplay control and leveling system and hit ctrl+c then ctrl+v. why was that so hard. was it easier to make a shitty leveling system crappier weapons and worse controls? what happened?

thus my veiw is that sonic team has finally gone off the deep end. i loved every sonic title up to sonic heroes but i think it is time to put this series to bed.

DarkenedWolfEye

Jan 4, 2010
Alright, I have played and beaten this game, and I enjoyed it very much. I thought the game was good. However, just starting off, I thought it was too hard, as Yahtzee seems to. His complaints about Sonic being too fast are ones I shared at one point ... until I actually got good at the game. True, it's not the kind of game you can just pick up and play and expect to ace every single level, but games that are like that are boring! It's a fun game when you know what the fuck you're doing, so complaining about the difficulty isn't really valid.
Although, he did have only a week to play this, so I can appreciate he didn't have a heck of a lot of time to get good.
P.S. I am a Sonic fan of a sort, but even I agree that Sonic has done everything fun and logical he can do, and it might be a good idea to just stop now and leave us with the vast trail of good and bad varieties of games and fanart for us to enjoy in peace. And if in a few years, when people have forgotten about Sonic, they could do some 'triumphant return' of some sort, if they think they can get away with it.
But no ... the next game they'll be coming out with, Project Needlemouse, will be a complete reboot of the entire 17 years.
WORST. IDEA. EVER!

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
DarkenedWolfEye said:
Alright, I have played and beaten this game, and I enjoyed it very much. I thought the game was good. However, just starting off, I thought it was too hard, as Yahtzee seems to. His complaints about Sonic being too fast are ones I shared at one point ... until I actually got good at the game. True, it's not the kind of game you can just pick up and play and expect to ace every single level, but games that are like that are boring! It's a fun game when you know what the fuck you're doing, so complaining about the difficulty isn't really valid.
Although, he did have only a week to play this, so I can appreciate he didn't have a heck of a lot of time to get good.
P.S. I am a Sonic fan of a sort, but even I agree that Sonic has done everything fun and logical he can do, and it might be a good idea to just stop now and leave us with the vast trail of good and bad varieties of games and fanart for us to enjoy in peace. And if in a few years, when people have forgotten about Sonic, they could do some 'triumphant return' of some sort, if they think they can get away with it.
But no ... the next game they'll be coming out with, Project Needlemouse, will be a complete reboot of the entire 17 years.
WORST. IDEA. EVER!
What is wrong with you? The sonic series starting sucking after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I think the only Sonic 3D game that went well was Sonic Adventure. The first one that is. The quicker they get Sonic back to his roots, the greater he will be.

Demonio Penguino

Oct 11, 2009
He does need more games. He needs games not from the reatards, more like sonic adventure 2, and NOT WITH THE FUCKING SONIC X VOICE ACTORS. Seriously Sega, do NOT hire voice actors from a completely shitty tv series.
To the person above me: what about sonic adventure 2? That was the best fucking sonic game ever!

Demonio Penguino

Oct 11, 2009
Well, worry no more Yahtzee! Sonic is finally returning to its roots!(Also not every 3D sonic game sucks monkey fuck, the sonic adventure games were pretty good until sonic team got a lobotomy.)

ShadowThePika

Jul 27, 2010
I gotta dissagree. I thought this game was decent. The day stages are reminiscent of the old 2d sonics and the 3-d is brief and is more about run fast, dodge this, and don't touch that! The night time stages are very god of war like, and is fun to bash those stupid monster's faces in. what pisses me off are the damn airplane stages. If they werent there, i would call this game good. The HUB is repetitve, but overall harmless and doesn't really ruin the game, just pads it out

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Sonic, Mario and Zelda are franchises that should have died already, Halo too but nostalgia is a *****.

ShatterPalm

Sep 25, 2010
Aaaaaaaaand once again sonic team kill themselves. I don't get it! Not counting the messed up lip syncing and the fact that you lost all your rings every time you took damage, Sonic Adventure 2 kicked royal ass! Shadow is STILL sitting at the second spot on my most awesome video game characters list. Why is it Sonic team keeps doing this to themselves?

Eyrich

Nov 8, 2010
I agree completely. "Sonic: Unleashed" is the VERY first game I actually returned (After about 12 years of gaming) and this is after only five days of playing. There was absolutely nothing I liked about this game, and I'm a long time fan of sonic. A concept that seriously gets under my skin is the current 3d Sonic's design of no Super Sonic except in space. Which makes the whole Super Sonic thing kind of pointless because everything there seems to be about as powerful or destructive as super sonic. I want to blow through enemies in the regular levels, not just the last one. It just seems like Super Sonic was more fun when he could be used anyhere granted you had the necessary amount of rings. I think Sonic could very easily be redone as good as their 2D franchise if it focused ,much less on plot and more on level design.

Too long of a post but I find it hard to get my exact thoughts out in a set amount of words. (Points at Youtube.) And normally I'd have some criticism since I've actually played this game before, but I find it hard to criticize opinion, much less an opinion I completely agree with, so I'll just wait until the next opportunity arises.

II2none

Jan 5, 2011
I this is your opinion on the wii version, try the hd console versions there way better if you consider better combos and even more intense day time speeds to be better. Also review sonic colors, you did epic mickey so do colors too.

Demonio Penguino

Oct 11, 2009
I hated the night levels. That's why I kind of liked Sonic Colors! Because it took out (some of)the shit from Sonic Unleashed and replaced it with something(Wisps)tolerable and-dare I say it-good.
(P.S. Sonic Adventure 2 was good, people!)

Demonio Penguino

Oct 11, 2009
Crazycat690 said:
Sonic, Mario and Zelda are franchises that should have died already, Halo too but nostalgia is a *****.
Nah. Sonic's been put through rehab and is recovering(coughcoughmetaphorcoughcough), Mario's still kind of fun, and Zelda!? Dude, if the games are still awesome then why kill it? But yeah, Halo should die. Along with Call of Duty.