Zero Punctuation: South Park: Fractured but Whole

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Your description makes this game sounds really boring and since I don't like South Park's style of humor there's nothing this game has to offer me.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
That simpsons joke got really dark really fast. I honestly stopped caring about the simpsons(again) a season after the movie came out.

It's wierd. I keep adding and removing SP:FBH to and from my Steam Wishlist. This video prompted me to remove it again.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Ah, cheesing. Because it's "FON-to-DUE". It's a missed opportunity if your character has a cat spray urine in his/her/its face and you didn't see boobs everywhere while listening to classic metal songs. Do you remember that episode? I 'member.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Last time he said he didn't feel like he was missing out on much by having to stick to a censored version, and I was kind of hoping he'd follow up on that now that he's *pops in James Brown CD, mashes play* LIVING IN AMERICAAAAA *mashes stop* and gets to see all the cartoonishly obscene bits in graphic detail. Assuming there are any this time around; I can't imagine how they'd top a scene where your character has to perform an abortion on an pregnant man without accidentally vacuuming his ballsack off (I'm not misremembering that, am I?)

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
Honestly I prefer Stick of Truth because it felt like a South Park VIDEO GAME. FBW feels like an overly long episode that just won't stop

Noyemi-K

Jan 6, 2016
Got kinda creepy there at the end, a side of Yahtzee we haven't seen since the fullyramblomatic days.

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
Noyemi-K said:
Got kinda creepy there at the end, a side of Yahtzee we haven't seen since the fullyramblomatic days.
I blame the game/show and its "humour". Has a tendency to bring up, shall we say, not the best in people.

And is probably overrated since before Obama got elected, probably.

Smygskytt

May 18, 2015
VoidWanderer said:
Honestly I prefer Stick of Truth because it felt like a South Park VIDEO GAME. FBW feels like an overly long episode that just won't stop

That's not to mention that the two games were developed by entirely different studios: the first by Obsidian; the second internally by Ubisoft. No wonder they turned out different, but then Obsidian are masters at writing for games.

MattH2

Dec 30, 2016
In the review of The Stick of Truth he noticeably seemed a little ignorant of and condescending to South Park and its humour (maybe passive-aggressive, aside from going through the smart-ass phase about it that maybe everyone is at some point). This time however when he would be spot on about the game's simple fart-humour, he has caught up with the series and seems quite relaxed about the game, almost making the predecessor seem like a really fine game in comparison (of course the consensus is that it was pretty good).

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
How on earth can anyone (let alone Yahtzee) say that South Park the show is still good? It's been at least a decade since it's been anything since absolutely dreadful.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Man, I remember the days when Yahtzee's videos got a hundred comments on the first day. Now, they struggle to get to the double digets. It makes me wonder how much longer the site's gonna last if people are abandoning it like this.

yes_more_ads_please

Nov 30, 2011
Hey, no video means it's Prediction Week!

Best: Cuphead, Super Mario Odyssey, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Runners-up: Resident Evil 7, Persona 5, Night in the Woods

Worst: Sonic Forces, The Surge, Dead Rising 4
Runners-up: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3*, Mass Effect: Andromeda*

Blandest**: TC's Ghost Recon Wildlands, Assassin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein II: New Order
Runners-up: Evil Within 2, Yooka-Laylee, South Park: Fractured but Whole

*both are smart bets for a Blandest showing, but it's a competitive category.
**any of these could end up in the Worst category, depending on what random element*** Yahtzee decides is the most offensive when he writes up his list.
***a gameplay quirk, inability to maintain a narrative tone, or people on the forum trying to predict his selections.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
yes_more_ads_please said:
Hey, no video means it's Prediction Week!

Best: Cuphead [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117149-Zero-Punctuation-Cuphead], Super Mario Odyssey [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117154-Yahtzee-Reviews-Super-Mario-Odyssey], Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117006-Nintendo-Switch-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Review]
Runners-up: Resident Evil 7 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/116995-Resident-Evil-7-Review], Persona 5 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117081-Persona-5-Review], Night in the Woods [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117021-Tom-Clancy-Ghost-Recon-Wildlands-Review]

Worst: Sonic Forces, The Surge, Dead Rising 4
Runners-up: Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3*, Mass Effect: Andromeda*

Blandest**: TC's Ghost Recon Wildlands, Assassin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein II: New Order
Runners-up: Evil Within 2, Yooka-Laylee, South Park: Fractured but Whole

*both are smart bets for a Blandest showing, but it's a competitive category.
**any of these could end up in the Worst category, depending on what random element*** Yahtzee decides is the most offensive when he writes up his list.
***a gameplay quirk, inability to maintain a narrative tone, or people on the forum trying to predict his selections.
I'm a little confuse on why you have runners up when Yahtzee normally does a top 5 of each.

Best
Cuphead & Night in the Woods seem like good guesses for Best. If there isn't a Nintendo game on the Best list it'll only reinforce that Nintendo games are good on Nintendo consoles like America is only good at sports played in America. Resident Evil 7 might've saved Resident Evil but I doubt it makes it one of the best of 2017. Persona 5 is completely off my radar as I have no interest in returning to High School....
I don't have any of my own based on what Yahtzee reviewed.... And probably never will again as I've cut current gen & future current gen consoles from my budget.... So here's looking forward to future retro consoles like N64 Classic & GameCube Classic which will probably be nothing but 1st party titles because remakes are a thing.

Worst
Anything involving Sonic Team, Ubisoft, or EA feels too obvious. And I don't have or want a guess for Worst for fear that I'd be giving said Worst the exact attention they want.

Blandest
Agents Of Mayhem [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117138-Zero-Punctuation-Reviews-Agents-of-Mayhem]