Zero Punctuation: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I will not comment, I will not comment...oh crap. Spiderman doesn't make the web in his body, it's in web-devices he designed and wears on his wrist, ocaisonally they are biological (the movies for ease of translation and for a brief post Avengers dissassembled perod before One More day period, but he also had lame wolverine-esque stingers then too). Yes it's stupid that a highschool student invents a miraculous new substance with crazy properties, but yeah that's the way it is in comics.

Also Spiderman 2099 rocks, the only goodthing to come from that god-forsaken line of comics.

Edit: Shit got Ninja'd by yachtzee himself in the credits.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
~_* batman would never allow such magical metaphysical crap? then I guess you've never read about Etrigan making loads of appearances throughout the batman universe... and that's just one magical metaphysical crap I can think of in the batman continuity..

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
s69-5 said:
lewism247 said:
Alakaizer said:
Spider-man 2 not only had good web-swinging, it had Bruce Campbell calling you a moron the whole time. I don't think it would have been nearly as good without him.
Wait what?

Where was Bruce campbell?
He was the narrator. He was pretty much everywhere in Spiderman 2 (PS2/ Xbox).

OP: I had no hope once I heard they took out the free-roaming. The best part of Spiderman 2 was swinging aimlessly around the city.

Though I wanted to beat that kid with the balloon senseless...
Really?

Holy crap I didn't notice!

Splitfire3

Dec 20, 2008
I kinda like ZP more when he differs from the game in the review, begins talking about something that's grinding his gears and stuff, and elaborates on it like there's no tomorrow^^

rehno

Sep 13, 2010
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Awks-when-you-go-to-like-a-group-then-realise-youve-already-liked-it/160234067341763?v=wall

NKnight

Jul 31, 2010
Spider man games where once A LOT worse, and fans would still buy it, so I guess it doesn't matter how bad this one is... it's worth something for fans.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
HotFezz8 said:
for fuck sake yahtzee did you like it or not? is it worth any of my money?
Yahtzee is not a reviewer, he is a critic. Entertaining people by stripping apart games. He does not give advice on whether or not to buy it, he never has (except on very few occasions).

ender003

Oct 21, 2008
darrinwright said:
Ah, a religion bash early in... way to stay on-topic, Yahtzee.
But I guess you're fine with all the other things he bashes then, right? Or you would have told him to stay on topic when he brought them up too.

Metalhandkerchief said:
Note to Yahtzee: New Vegas is out, not sure you caught it in your quest to play obscure mediocre bound-to-be-shit games.
Not sure if you noticed but that game literally just came out. Maybe you'd prefer him to make a video of what he thinks the game might be like without actually playing it? How do you expect him to play through the game and make a humorous video about it before the game is even out?

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
I looked at the plot for this game on Wikipedia and told myself, "Oh man. Yahtzee's going to tear this game to pieces (just like with any other mediocre game he's reviewed)." Turns out I was right :p

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
I was hoping he would spend more time on the web swinging/zipping aspect. To me it just felt unresponsive, and clumsy. Same with wall crawling, when you finally are able to stick to the wall anytime you turn a corner the camera freaks out and you end up changing directions like a leaf in a tornado.

That being said I still beat it over Fall Break and actually enjoyed it, I just wish the developer would have spent a little more time on the controls.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Basically nailed what I was thinking: Deadpool level was serious fun and noir was a big disappointment when they made you start fighting everyone instead of being stealth.

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
lewism247 said:
Alakaizer said:
Spider-man 2 not only had good web-swinging, it had Bruce Campbell calling you a moron the whole time. I don't think it would have been nearly as good without him.
Wait what?

Where was Bruce campbell?

OP:Nice episode as usual.

When I heard about the game I thought the premise was a bad idea. seems my assumption was correct.
Bruce Campbell was the narrator in all three movie tie-in games, teaching you how to do everything and calling you an idiot.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
So, Yahtzee, I see you never read any of the silver age Batman comics. As bad as this sounds, they don't compare to some of the shit that came out of the silver age of DC comics.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Hey! ...I'm sorry, I mean Oi!
How-come this Video doesn't get featured on the front-page?

NO FAIR Escapist :mad:

MorkFromOrk

Sep 9, 2007
I was actually really looking forward to the Spider-Man Noir bit but alas it seems the game is made of epic fail.

lulec

Oct 18, 2010
Are you going to review Enslaved: Odyssey to the west? Its story is great, but you can totally go awol on its hand-holdy-ness.