Zero Punctuation: Spiderman: Web of Shadows

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Spiderman: Web of Shadows

This week Zero Punctuation reviews Spiderman's latest web swinging adventure, Spiderman: Web of Shadows.

Watch Video

Radu889

Dec 14, 2007
I'd love a swiss army knife with a minigun in it... That would help and hopefully it's going to be easy to carry.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
There were a lot of "Emo" references in this one - I certainly agree with regards to Spiderman 2, the web swinging being the best part of the game. I would have preferred a review on Street Fighter IV as opposed to a whine about how Spiderman games are terrible.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Wow, another completely unexpected review. And at least better than last week. And now I'm sure that last game in your tag team truly was Spiderman 2. Good joke about the websling attack :D

ila

Jul 29, 2008
I loved the bit about weapons and combat. Guns, swords, guns that are also swords. I never actually played Web of Shadows myself, or any other Spiderman game, but I think my friends enjoyed them.

puchead

Dec 18, 2008
meh-never going to buy this game-but by christ do I enjoy hearoing a whiney mid twentys guy moan about stuff, with all the elaquence of chuck norris' secret 3rd fist

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
Wasn't waht I expected, but still awesome.

And now that it's been mentioned, I can't help but notice how many games on my "play pile" are sequals, doesn't make them bad, but still....

SqueeFactor

Mar 29, 2008
pretty much what he said. the voice acting was done by a macculy culken (sp?, who cares) clone pre-home alone days. it was all around pretty crappy.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Well, it is depressing that games are now sequels all the way. I dunno what can I say about any game franchise that's from the popular media such as television, movies, and comic books.

Dilla

Jan 21, 2009
Played the game myself, glad it got a review - but I think the webslining was just as fun as SPM3!

Xelophant

Sep 10, 2008
Is it a funny coincidence that I was just talking with a friend about Yahtzee doing a review on this game? He was like "I wonder what this game is like?" I said "It's probably crap like most of the other spiderman games." He said "Yeah but wouldn't it be cool if Yahtzee reviewed it?" I was like "He won't do that because he's got bigger games to fry." Thanks for proving me wrong!

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
I loved the little joke at the end about in game advertising. However, I didn't know games were self-downloading updated advertising. This kind of creeps me out a bit.

I think I remember "The Movie: 2: The Game" being awesome, especially with Bruce Campbell as the narrator. Shame they saw a pattern that worked and decided to change it.

Soldato006

Feb 5, 2009
Ok all in favor of attempting to store a minigun in their swiss army knife say Aye.

An excellent review that gave me a chuckle here and there as usual.

Lithran

Sep 25, 2008
Now all we need is a gun that's also a sword with chains with spikes on it...

That aside, sounds alright but the quiz thing sounds unecassary unless you get somthing out of it. Though that's probably because it'd screw me over, who knows?

Shadow Law

Feb 16, 2009
Dude Bob said:
User was suspended for this post.(14 days)
More like banned, anyway more on topic nice review as always. many lolz, and I have played this game and it is true that once you get a powerful move thats all you use over and over again.

Scypemonk

Proud TBB Warrior
Sep 26, 2007
Nice review.

And just to prove how big a nerd i am, you can't be chaotic since your too orderly. You are Neutral Evil.

TehKnifeh

Custard Connoisseur
Dec 26, 2008
That review has got to be one of the first that ive seen for a while that has made me laugh out loud and get some very questionable looks from my co-workers.

Wolverine FTW btw :p