Zero Punctuation: Spiderman: Web of Shadows

ssj4raditz

Jan 26, 2009
Soldato006 said:
Ok all in favor of attempting to store a minigun in their swiss army knife say Aye.

An excellent review that gave me a chuckle here and there as usual.
AYE!

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Ha!The swiss army knife with a minigun made me laugh. Funny video as usual and I'm glad he chose a game without a massive number at the end.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Where can I get a Swiss Army knife with a minigun? Shouldn't there be one inside the Swiss Army coat I wear?

Yahtzee railing against the numbered sequel legions isn't unsurprising, and the fare this week is ZP standard (that is to say, rather good in my humble opinion), so I don't feel I have much to contribute to a discussion of it, other than to don my fanboy hat and wait for the flames to begin.

Also, the only argument I have against him being chaotic neutral is the fact that he has standards to which he adheres. If he were truly chaotic he wouldn't have any. So true neutral, perhaps, which might explain his perpetual state of cannot be arsed.

Shadow Law

Feb 16, 2009
Soldato006 said:
Ok all in favor of attempting to store a minigun in their swiss army knife say Aye.

Aye, Aye captain. Why stop there though? Lets put a nuke in there for good measure.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Hey, looks to me like my timing is spot on. :) The video must have posted only minutes ago.

Yahtzee, I dig your reviewer quality for wit, comedy, and outside the box games that you bring to the table. :) Spiderman might not be my cup of tea... in any way shape or form, but I still like to hear what you have to say. Kinda nifty that dispite the games many flaws, you were still keen to it. At least, one one part of it.

Also, Rolly polly "skinny" latté... thing was terrorifying. O_O

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Great Responsibility
Uncle Ben
Gwen Stacy
Derby
Derby
Doo

I loved this review, and saddened because I was eyeing this game for a bit.

Rodger

Jan 27, 2009
I expected Killzone 2 this week, but in retrospect I guess I can't blame him. It'd be nice to see Western games come up with something original for a change. Oh well, Maybe Duke Nukem Forever will come out someday.

Anyway, for the record, Squall's gunblade was technically just a sword. It can't actually shoot things, just pull the trigger to vibrate the blade and make for a potentially more lethal strike. Yeah, I know, I'm a geek.

Also, I'm tempted to say Yahtzee's alignment is Chaotic Evil, but he's not quite that evil. He's not really Chaotic Neutral though either. He'd probably be labelled Chaotic Stupid, ie. someone that uses their alignment as an excuse to do whatever crazy shit they want, in an actual gaming group, but I'm just digging myself a deeper and geekier hole.

Abominus

Mar 4, 2009
The only good thing, until this review, about Web of Shadows was the trailer. I actually was looking forward to the game when i saw that.

Learned my lesson though.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Radu889 said:
I'd love a swiss army knife with a minigun in it... That would help and hopefully it's going to be easy to carry.
yep, awesomeness squared!

Shadow Law said:
Soldato006 said:

Aye, Aye captain. Why stop there though? Lets put a nuke in there for good measure.
A nuke? Now that's just being silly...

spuddyt

Nov 22, 2008
I had forgotten how much I enjoyed spiderman 2, that swinging system really was the only thing going for it though.... And I doubt i'll buy this game either since the only decent aspect has been essentially hamstrung

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
Well, pretty predictable stuff, reviewing a game everyone knew was shit anyway. Not his best, but what are you gonna do.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
The voice acting is the only thing that puts me off Spider-man games which suprisingly are sometimes half-decent. Still, it makes me send Spidey to a gruesome death and laugh maniacally.

Which still adds up to some kind of entertainment value i guess.

inventor

Feb 3, 2009
Gee,a bad movie-spin-of-game. suprising, or not! I knew that just by reading the title, and looking at the box!
Cuden't care less about this type of games
Yahtzee:
If you want to review something new and unik, try Flower
I was realy hoping for killzone 2 this week, yes it's "space marenes" again. But I think its good, I feel
I got exaktley what i bargend fore based on the hype, witch is rare! But I want to know what's bad about it! I know it isn't flawless, I just can't find the flaws! Point them out for us Yahtzee, so we can point them out fore dudes like this dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t21uEh8AJ4g

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Chaotic Neutral..Neutral Evil.
Yes, probably somewhere in between there is my guess.

Playing a "as seen in the movie" games are akin to watching uwe bolls "as played in the game" movies.
They just don't mix very well.
Books to movies do okay from time to time (exempting them from the detail available in books)
and books based on moves actually often work out beneficial too.