Zero Punctuation: Splatoon 2

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Oh how predictable.
Yahtzee reviewing another shooter.

We all know how biased Yahtzee is with shooters.
Yawn.

(Just kidding, but that was the one thing you missed in your disclaimer at the start.)

nightowlc

Nov 5, 2008
Bam! Ruined chicken sandwich. Yeah, I dislike mayo too.

It does sound like the splatfest had some sort of weird programming problem.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
You would make a dashing dolphin/aquatic mammal furry Yahtzee.

I hope your next game will be an ironic dolphin dating sim.

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
I feel like Yahtzee forgot about Codename STEAM.

Then again, most people did but I felt like a steampunk turn based strategy game that's hard as fuck and not animesque(like the game it's ripping off Valkyria Chronicles) would've made an interesting review.

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
I'm glad that Yahtzee also believes that Mayo is nasty on chicken sandwiches. Burger King is the worst damn perpetrator of that crime.

Anggul

Jun 10, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Waiting for someone in the comments to chime in saying they were on Team Mayo and never saw any Ketchup Kommandos
I'm pretty sure this was just a ketchup thing because so many more players chose it. I was mayo and not once did I ever end up fighting another mayo teams. If there are that many more ketchup players than mayo players and they have to put everyone into matches, it's inevitable that the larger team fights itself.

As for the game overall, it's pretty much just Splatoon but refined and with extra content... and I'm fine with that. It's a great game which is keeping me entertained for hours in just the basic online battle mode. I'm not even slightly bored of that yet and I haven't even touched the other game modes like Salmon Run or even ranked battles.

Oh, I also love the music and style. And I'm one of those weirdos who insists on using a splatling gun because damn it splatting three guys in one volley is ridiculously satisfying even if I don't ink much turf.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
Anggul said:
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Waiting for someone in the comments to chime in saying they were on Team Mayo and never saw any Ketchup Kommandos
I'm pretty sure this was just a ketchup thing because so many more players chose it. I was mayo and not once did I ever end up fighting another mayo teams. If there are that many more ketchup players than mayo players and they have to put everyone into matches, it's inevitable that the larger team fights itself.
If the teams were that skewed, it stands to reason team ketchup should win by default.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
The only thing mayo ruins is friendship, it's the eternal war between Duke's and Hellman's and where you are in the country probably decides your allegiance.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Blazing Hero said:
I'm glad that Yahtzee also believes that Mayo is nasty on chicken sandwiches. Burger King is the worst damn perpetrator of that crime.
I think Wendys is. They put it on their burgers too.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Devieus said:
If the teams were that skewed, it stands to reason team ketchup should win by default.
If it's total wins, yes, but if it's wins/losses, then not so much. All the ketchup vs. ketchup matches would cancel out.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Since it hasn't updated yet here is the front page ZP picture for this episode

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1422/1422191.jpg

Not a fan of the background dots - made me think it was further compressed or something

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I'm afraid half-squid people are not furries...

They're cultists!

Also, completely funny in that Yahtzee won matches in multiplayer in exactly the same manner that he had in the first game.

Lastly, mayo does ruin everything, chicken sandwiches and all. Yuck!