Zero Punctuation: Splatoon 2

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
marioandsonic said:
Yeah, I don't like mayo either.

Now I wonder if Yahtzee will review Sonic Mania next week.
It'll be either that or Agents of Mayhem.

I'm glad Yahtzee called out the fanboys who love to ***** and whine on here or Youtube whenever Yahtzee dares to criticize their beloved Nintendo.

As for this game, I never touched the first one due to having zero interest in multiplayer shooters, plus the setting of this game really did not appeal to me, and even if I do get a Switch at some point in the distant future, I see little reason to ever play this game.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Blazing Hero said:
I'm glad that Yahtzee also believes that Mayo is nasty on chicken sandwiches. Burger King is the worst damn perpetrator of that crime.
Oh my god yes. I can never eat their chicken sandwiches, it's oozing the shit. #TeamKetchup

I love my tangy vinegary tomato jam.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
Pyrian said:
Devieus said:
If the teams were that skewed, it stands to reason team ketchup should win by default.
If it's total wins, yes, but if it's wins/losses, then not so much. All the ketchup vs. ketchup matches would cancel out.
Of course, but it's weird such gross team misdistribution doesn't come into play. Maybe if it was just kills then the in-fight matches wouldn't be so pointless.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
I'm kinda surprised he didn't harp on the phone thing even harder. To my recollection you have to download and activate the app in order to play friend lobbies, only for it all to be (crummily) handled through the system itself anyways in what I can only assume is an attempt to get Nintendo higher in the app search rankings to sell more copies of Mario Run and the like.

And they expect people to start shelling out $20 a year for it, ain't that some shit!

The Splatfests always turned out a bit wonky in the first game too when there was a clear imbalance in popularity too.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Devieus said:
Anggul said:
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Waiting for someone in the comments to chime in saying they were on Team Mayo and never saw any Ketchup Kommandos
I'm pretty sure this was just a ketchup thing because so many more players chose it. I was mayo and not once did I ever end up fighting another mayo teams. If there are that many more ketchup players than mayo players and they have to put everyone into matches, it's inevitable that the larger team fights itself.
If the teams were that skewed, it stands to reason team ketchup should win by default.
Assuming they only scored points on each other. There's a larger likelihood of the tiny fragment of top level player-base in the Ketchup side just not getting matched against mayos, while the top level mayo players would almost always be continuously fighting Ketchups.

That and a tendency for competitive players to pick the underdog sides in these sort of events, to challenge themselves.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
erttheking said:
*Looks around* Am I the only one who likes mayo?
Hell no, brother! We got something special here now called 'baconnaisse' which I'm sure you can deduce from the letters it's purpose. ;P

OT: Why remove stuff for the sequel? That's EA's shtick, not something to aspire to!

4Aces

May 29, 2012
Oh how predictable. Yahtzee reviewing another game/console with fundamentalists that worship it like a religion.
We all know how biased Yahtzee is against 'those' kinds of people.

Die Ceiling! - The new motto of floorists everywhere.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Is it really hard to believe that I'm a Furry who hates sonic (and fur suiters)?

I have played as
1 - Khajiits & Argonians in Elder Scrolls
2 - Caitians, Ferasans, & Gorn in Star Trek Online
3 - Dragonborn in Neverwinter
4 - Charr in Guild Wars 2
5 - The Mrrshan Empress in the new Master Of Orion
6 - Sabretooth Cats in Champions Online

I'm also looking forward to playing as
7 - A Lizard in Divinity Original Sins 2
8 - Sorlag in Quake Champions. (Even though I usually preferred Flisk over everyone else)

Also I was going to buy Splatoon 2 after getting Skyrim (again?) for the Nintendo Switch I don't have yet. But the Jim Sterling DDoS attack over BotW made me want to only focus on M Rated Games on Nintendo platforms.
With a very rare exception to wanting T Rated games like Dark Souls 2 & TES3 Morrowind.
4Aces said:
Oh how predictable. Yahtzee reviewing another game/console with fundamentalists that worship it like a religion.
We all know how biased Yahtzee is against 'those' kinds of people.

Die Ceiling! - The new motto of floorists everywhere.
I hate them both.
They tried to frame me for a piece of ceiling falling down in the apartment below me.
erttheking said:
I like mayo but prefer to use ketchup with tuna sandwiches.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Awww you missed the 'blood and cum' part when you compete in a mayo team vs. ketchup team battle. The ink changes colour based on your team choice. So it became red vs white or blood vs cum.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
TheScorpion said:
I feel like Yahtzee forgot about Codename STEAM.

Then again, most people did but I felt like a steampunk turn based strategy game that's hard as fuck and not animesque(like the game it's ripping off Valkyria Chronicles) would've made an interesting review.
Damn, I love that game. My only hope is that Henery Flemming somehow makes it into the next Smash Bros and stirs up interest. Mecha Lincoln better be an assist trophy at least!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Seth Carter said:
Devieus said:
Anggul said:
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Waiting for someone in the comments to chime in saying they were on Team Mayo and never saw any Ketchup Kommandos
I'm pretty sure this was just a ketchup thing because so many more players chose it. I was mayo and not once did I ever end up fighting another mayo teams. If there are that many more ketchup players than mayo players and they have to put everyone into matches, it's inevitable that the larger team fights itself.
Assuming they only scored points on each other. There's a larger likelihood of the tiny fragment of top level player-base in the Ketchup side just not getting matched against mayos, while the top level mayo players would almost always be continuously fighting Ketchups.

That and a tendency for competitive players to pick the underdog sides in these sort of events, to challenge themselves.
The Ice Cream vs Cake splatfest had a even wider distribution than Mayo vs Ketchup and had the opposite result. (The far larger side won)

I'd say they got it pretty well balanced.

nickpy

Oct 9, 2010
erttheking said:
Nope. I like Mayonnaise, and I hate Ketchup. Clearly I'm weird and should marched out into the courtyard for execution. Probably via some kind of heath-robinson machine powered by mayonnaise.

P.S. Yahtzee, you surprise me. You said "octopi", not "octopuses" or "octopodes". source [http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=octopus]