Zero Punctuation: Steam Roundup

Bors Mistral

Mar 27, 2009
Is it just me or does "it's too hard" seem to be a recurring complaint in Zero Punctuation when nothing better springs to mind?

ikoian

Feb 9, 2011
Xman490 said:
Yatzee is unusually excited about Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2. It disturbs me, even though I am interested in them relatively much more than usual. I'm considering buying them on the basis of elaborately beating up goons in exotic environments.

TheKasp said:
*looks at Binding of Isaac reference*

He did call it great? Now I can feel smug and hipster: I LIEKED BOI BEFORE IT WAS COOL!
He already reviewed BoI months ago in an Extra Punctuation. I think it was the Diablo III one to go along with random dungeons, or one about some uninteresting FPS.
Both answers are correct.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
TheKasp said:
*looks at Binding of Isaac reference*

He did call it great? Now I can feel smug and hipster: I LIEKED BOI BEFORE IT WAS COOL!
So no-one reads his written column I guess. He did in fact praise it a lot in writing. I guess that doesn't count, though.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Oh you're gonna LOVE Darksiders 2 then yahtzee.

"Fetch three things for that guy" then fetch three things for each of the guys you are already fecthing. Then while you are at it you should probably fetch three things for those other things so the things will work right. -_-

Jan 27, 2011
0_o A steam indie roundup and no lone survivor?!

Wow. How'd you miss that one Yatzee? I thought you wanted a good survival horror game. Or at least a game that honestly TRIES to be a survival horror game instead of an actin game with creepy enemies.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hrm... Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy hearing Steam being referred to as the infected disgusting whore that it is.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
A steam hooker is something I'd expect from Irrational Games more than Valve.
I believe you mean a steamPUNK hooker? I have no idea how a steam hooker would work, and am terrified to find out how.

As for the video, I totally lost it at the bit with Optimus Prime and Soundwave, since I just got Transformers: Fall of Cybertron yesterday. Shall I assume yahtzee's gonna rip that game up, since his War for Cybertron review was less than favorable? Odd that he'd express interest in Sleeping Dogs, just 4 minutes after sticking it in Soundwave's chest.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i still like steam and i got many games form them by now. just recently i had some connection problems and the damn offline mode dint work. WTF??? what is the offline mode for if it doesnt work. it always kept telling me it cant connect to steam network.
i know that, my connection is down. now let me in to my library so i can play some orcs must die 2 and symphony. ah yes, i cant.

i still remember that this mode actually worked fine. dont know why they have changed it.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Mm, you would think the orcy antagonists would at least try to engage you directly...

And that garotte option in adventure games actually sounds weirdly compelling.

Sergey Sund

May 20, 2012
When Tony Hawk came to Gamescom this year I used the crowd he gathered.
Because all those wankers were standing at the foot of his giant ramp, viewing the spectacle through their camera phones and essentiall blocking my view anyway, I snuck out of there and got into some booths whose waiting lines had been cut in half.
After all, it is called GAMEScom and not FindYourIdolAndVideoHimFromAll360DegreesAtTheSameTime.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
My favorite part of this entire thing was "oh well fuck that noise" right at the end. I say that all the time. Fucking love that phrase because I don't hear many people using it.

I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Aircross said:
Sleeping Dogs just came out...

...and it's on Steam too!!!

Now I can wait a year to get it 50% off!
The Christmas sale is in about 4 months, it will probably be 50% then, seeing Batman Arkham City was released in November and received a 50% discount on the last Christmas sale it seems like a possibility.

canadamus_prime said:
Wait, isn't Sleeping Dogs on Steam?
It was released a week ago in Australia so my guess is that he didn't have the time to get a review done on such a short time.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
chimeracreator said:
I get that Yahtzee hates multiplayer, but why talk about Orcs Must Die over Dungeon Defenders? I tried both at the same time, but the difference is I still played Dungeon Defenders and their constant expansions keep making the game even deeper and more fun. Then again I guess the traps aren't as visceral as the ones in Orcs Must Die, also there hasn't been a formal sequel as they keep just keep releasing new DLC every few weeks for around $3.
Well, probably because Orcs Must Die 2 just came out, and Dungeon Defenders was released nearly a year ago. I had exactly the opposite experience compared to yours. Out of the 450 games I have on Steam, DD is the single purchase I regret the most. It's the only game I can think of where playing it actually makes me angry, not because of the game itself but because the UI and camera and things like that are absolute garbage and pretty blatantly just poorly ported over from the console version with no thought put into how they'd work on the PC.

It runs great, and there's reasonably interesting/fun gameplay underneath all that, but it's just so frustrating to try to play the stupid thing that I found it impossible to enjoy myself, whether alone or with my friends. There are just so many very basic, simple things that they made much more awkward to do than necessary that would've been trivial to fix that it drove me nuts. Orcs Must Die was still mildly console port-y too, but nothing in comparison to DD, so even with the reduced depth and lack of multiplayer I had a lot more fun with it just because I could stand to play it for more than a few hours.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
For the hundred time: Yahtzee, play "Sacrifice". Its the RTS + 3rd Person View + RPG story driven by player interaction and choice fantasy that STARTED and inspired games like Brutal Legend and Orc Must Die 2 since 2000.

What are you waiting for?

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Hmm Tim Tam's. They came out in my corner of Canada last year, I heard good things about this Aussie delicacy so I had high expectations... but was kind of disappointed really. Thought they would have been better as a soft chocolate cookie rather than a crunchy one.

B-