Goodnautica?

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Huh, sounds like he actually had a pleasurable experience. I'm glad to hear it.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Fortress Ocelot Alpha. Its been awhile since I've had to pause a ZP I was laughing to much to hear the rest.

Jan 27, 2011
Huh. I might pick this up, actually. I looked it up and the art style is really pretty :eek:.

It actually makes me want to see what the whole ocean world looks like.

VonBlade

Mar 12, 2008
If you need me I'll be over here, remembering watching Operation Petticoat with my Mum when I was ill from school.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
"Your authority is not recognized within Fort Kickass!" Now that that's out of the way, I'm surprised to hear he likes an open-world survival game. All they had to do was set it underwater.
darkrage6 said:
I wonder what Yahtzee's thoughts on Metal Gear Survive will be?
It will be worth it just to hear him rip into Konami some more.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Darth_Payn said:
"Your authority is not recognized within Fort Kickass!" Now that that's out of the way, I'm surprised to hear he likes an open-world survival game. All they had to do was set it underwater.
And give it a proper story.

bootwhistle

Mar 25, 2009
Nice, I've been waiting for the review on Subnautica, had a feeling it would be positive. Should have mentioned it is one of the few 'Early Access' games to actually be released in full and be decent.

Sotanaht

Mar 6, 2008
I wonder if anybody DIDN'T paint their submarine yellow at some point.

Also, the main character isn't quite faceless and he's about as far from handsome as is possible to get. Fortunately in-game you only manage to see his freakish silhouette in his shadow but don't go looking up the promotional release of his model if you want to keep your breakfast down.

Jan 27, 2011
Xsjadoblayde said:
Subnautipar?

Sub-partica?

Sub-naughtylaugh?

Sub-lowered-the b...

Oh wait, it's apparently good.

Erm

Bah, fuck it.
Sub-lime, perhaps? :p

Anyway, I wound up buying it pretty much on impulse and so far, I really do like it a whole bunch.

That first moment when you climb out of the escape pod and behold the crashed ship with a PDA giving you basically shit-all advice on how to survive...It's pretty brilliant. :p

That said, the game REALLY doesn't hold you hand to the point where I nearly died of dehydration because I had no idea how to get clean water until I randomly stumbled upon how to do it.

I'm looking forward to building my own underwater base now. :D Thanks for the heads up about the game, Yatzee!

Little pink blubber fish thing is apparently a good "water filtrator" so you can turn it into water back at base

Rope Arrow

Jul 10, 2013
It's a little surreal for me, watching a ZP review for a game that was already playing. Usually I'm really late to the party on these things.

Especially odd that I have experienced the same insidious feeling of interest. I have to take lengthy breaks from it due to frustration or, more often, terror. But something keeps drawing me back.