Zero Punctuation: Super Mario 3D Land & Rayman Origins

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I might actually have to get Rayman Origins in that case, I just hope it's not as hard as the first game.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I love the bit when he mentioned Rayman's floating hands and feet, then connected his avatars hands and feet. Good stuff.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Eh, I liked Super Mario 3D Land. Granted I've liked most of the Mario games.

Plus the Tanooki suit is just awesome so FEH on you! Specially in the secret worlds when you get to use the classic Tanooki suit.

Aside from that.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR, aaaaaaah, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, aaaaaaaaaaah.

Poor Thwomps indeed.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's always good to see Rayman get its due, it's probably been missed by lot of gamers given its moronic release date.
And Mario is Mario, he can release any day and still sell.
Shadowstar38 said:
Its weird how much Yahtzee praised Rayman while the reception to it from most other reviews were luke warm at best. Still, this game is one of the best to come out of 2011.
Wait, I've seen nothing but good things said about it. What reviews are you talking about?

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
2D or not 2D, that is the question.
Good thing he also reviewed Rayman this week. I think Super Mario left Yahtzee feeling rather...

*puts on sunglasses*

...testi
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sgt-Thrust

Aug 28, 2011
PLEASE EVERYONE! Escapist and Yatzee, withdraw all coverage and support from e3 this year unless they dtop supporting SOPA, watch this video to understand more.
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/stand-together-the-gaming-community-vs-sopa-and-pipa

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
"The lives system, a stupid and outdated concept that Nintendo nevertheless have to stick to because of an ancient Voodoo curse that will make their bell-ends explode if they so much as think for five minutes."

I laughed so hard I missed the rest of the video.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
couldn't quite figure which one he liked :p...
I've been interested in Rayman since I tried the demo with my friends. I'll add it to my "to get" list (which is getting a bit too crowded lately)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
But didn't Rayman Origins completely tank in terms of sales?

I bet we won't see them trying to shove any more 2D platformers into $60 boxes for a while.

Oh, good video by the way. Best one for a while. Gat a few chuckles out of me.

viggih7

Mar 31, 2009
Oh god... the horror. This brings back memories of the first rayman game, fucking hard as nails, Rayman 2 was a lot better I feel.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
rhizhim said:
GeorgW said:
It's always good to see Rayman get its due, it's probably been missed by lot of gamers given its moronic release date.
And Mario is Mario, he can release any day and still sell.
Shadowstar38 said:
Its weird how much Yahtzee praised Rayman while the reception to it from most other reviews were luke warm at best. Still, this game is one of the best to come out of 2011.
Wait, I've seen nothing but good things said about it. What reviews are you talking about?
the only one i can think of is that rayman is short and fully priced 60$
I've heard that it's huge and has enough content, quality and charm to be priced $60.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
Super Mario 3D Land is fun, but damn is the main quest short! Not counting the extra levels or collecting all the star coins, it took me three hours to beat it. I know that theres more levels but just saying the main quest is three hours long doesn't look good for the game does it Nintendo? Just bring out Super Mario Sunshine 2 already. XP

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
viggih7 said:
Oh god... the horror. This brings back memories of the first rayman game, fucking hard as nails, Rayman 2 was a lot better I feel.
Fun fact, except for the new 3DS version, and the PC version I have played every single version of Rayman 2 ever made, yes I love it that much.

That means, Psone, DS, N64, Ps2 and Dreamcast.

My personal favourite is the Dreamcast version, it feels the most definitive to me.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
"Who could like someone who's arms and legs have no visible connection to their body?" lol

Edhellen

Sep 17, 2011
The attacks against the 3D screen technology itself are pretty lame shots. Who is seriously claiming that the 3D screens add anything more than eye candy?

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Hm.
I was wondering whether I should buy Origins or not.
You've convinced me, Yahtzee.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Such a shame, it's so rare to hear Yahtzee actually speak this highly of a game(Rayman) and I would actually consider buying it... if it wasn't a Ubisoft game. Oh well, maybe I'll pick it up used. Going by their logic, the fact I'm only passively interested in their game makes me a pirate anyway cause I thought about it without buying it, may as well get it used so they can at least kinda legitimize their claims within the scope of their own horribly flawed logic.