Zero Punctuation: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

May 17, 2010
I loved the game, epic manic random fun. However it is a matter of taste, if you want a game where the best man wins, don't play it. If you want a game where everything keeps changing and there are large scale reversals then Brawl is your game.

galient5

Apr 16, 2009
I rather enjoyed this review. I can only assume that everyone at nintendo does shrooms (hell they make you bigger or smaller IN THE GAME) I don't see how anyone can enjoy this game. It's more repetitive than... well... I can' think of anything right now but it is VERY repetitive.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
I was always "That Guy." As soon as Melee introduced characters with a counter ability, any party i went to would have an established rule: "Mike CANNOT USE MARTH, ROY, IKE, OR PEACH!" Not that it helped, my timing was always at a level above my friends so whenever i was around it switched to me being the entertainment of the night by mixing drinks. At least in culinary skills "That Guy" is actually embraced.
Though come to think of it, it really wasn't so much my talent as the retardation of the other people who i would game with. You'd think they would learn to stop using Captain Falcon or Ganondorf but NOOOO... fucking retards and their Falcon Punch...

funnydude6556

Feb 5, 2011
I like SSBB but every review that positively reviewed it seemed to be doing so on the fact that the other smash bros games were good. How the hell is that good reviewing?! Titanic was a good movie but that dosen't mean the pile of crap on syfy Titanic 2 is any good.

It's great to see a reviewer who is basing this on the game itself and not it's franchise history.

GroovyV

Feb 23, 2011
As much as i like (love?) this game, and the series in general, i have to say, i agree fully with the review. It's easy to see why anyone would not like it.
Plus, this review was just too funny :)
Way to go Yahtzee, sir.

Seieko Pherdo

May 7, 2011
I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed SSBM a lot. But that was when I was in 8th grade. However I saw SSBB as somewhat of a disappointment. I did find the adventure mode to be enjoyable (Ignoring it's story) and while it is annoying to have to unlock sonic and others by playing the mode at least you get something out of it besides "You've beat the game, good for you." Of course if you didn't like the game then none of the above matters.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
About a month or two ago, I went into GAMETRADERS CHADSTONE, just because it looked interesting, EB Games had nothing to interest me and because I'd heard about it from you. I came out with Super Mario Galaxy. For only 60 dollars.

A while later, I wanted to find Okami without resorting to Amazon or Ebay, and once again I turned to Gametraders, this time to GAMETRADERS NORTHLAND. Three days later, I had Okami. Never looked back.

Thank you so f***ing much for posting this.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
For everyone who is so excited about him mentioning Mother 3: He never said he liked it. He was just stating a fact.

Yahtzee said:
Oh and, thanks, Nintendo, for putting in a character from Mother 3, and game you're never going to f***ing release outside Japan. Despite the fact that I can f***ing guarantee that more people will buy it than Mario Kart Eleventy Billion: The Next Generation!
As far as if he ever did a review of it? It's basically Earthbound with more dark depression and a lower gameplay/story ratio. And we know he liked Earthbound, so I doubt he'd take the changes well.

jinroom

Oct 3, 2011
I actually had fun playing this game, but one thing i dont understand is why is so important to fight over which game is better than everyone and why. Because some people really like to do that

Anyway i really like these reviews.

(I think games are made to have fun with them and nothing else).

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
I think this game was way over-hyped, as I really wanted it sometime back when I was in middle school, but it lost all appeal after the almost instant modding my friends and I did.

sixthcircle

Apr 11, 2008
i enjoy going back to this review once in awhile and picking a random page of comments to watch the fanboy rage play out. makes me smile :D

p.s. i notice we are very close to 1337 comments...i wonder who's gonna get it

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
I am, I shall deliver us to the promised land.
Nobody else post, what's done is done.
That said, can't wait for him to review the upcoming one, given the shitstorm this one created.

[HEADING=1]1337![/HEADING]

Yokta

Mar 23, 2013
Sizzle Montyjing said:
I am, I shall deliver us to the promised land.
Nobody else post, what's done is done.
That said, can't wait for him to review the upcoming one, given the shitstorm this one created.

[HEADING=1]1337![/HEADING]
You've actually only made reply number 1336. Original posts aren't included in the reply count. THIS is reply number 1337, and let's hope this thread is left that way.
Anyway, while I'm here I may as well admit that, having abandoned Brawl ages ago, I find that most of the criticisms I dismissed as made-up were actually truly valid, e.g. Brawl really is a button masher because you don't actually think as strategically and quickly as you should. It might not be a button masher in the most traditional sense, but it's quite typical to see a player beat an opponent without ever thinking about what his moves are actually doing.
Of course, that doesn't mean that a player who DOES put absurd time and effort into researching strategies won't win against a button masher. It's just a rare occurrence, unless you're playing online mode and your opponent mains Marth. I still have nightmares...