Zero Punctuation: Talos Principle

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
And now that song will be stuck in my head for the rest of my work day. Thanks! It's quite a jaunty tune.
PunkRex said:
Was that a fade in I saw, getting fruity with the editing are we, 0/10, WOULD NOT WATCH AGAIN, I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!
Aeshi said:
Fading to the next frame instead of Cutting to it? In my Zero Punctuation?!
He's cleeeeeearly running out of ideas, sad really.
So I take it you didn't like the song at the end. And if he did "fade" from one frame to another, I didn't notice.

Just Ebola

Literally Hitler
Jan 7, 2015
Yahtzee's holiday routine really titillates the senses.

I have a feeling it's going to be a good year for ZP.

emanresu2

Sep 26, 2014
The game is called "The Talos Principle"...
Got the be accurate. You know what happens when you do something like this with The Jimquisition.

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
Random documents and audiologs!
We find them stuck to noticeboards, we find them under dogs!
We're gonna put them in a file and give it a review,
When we're bored of all the gameplay and we've nothing else to do!

(for those that really needed the lyrics)

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
So I take it you didn't like the song at the end. And if he did "fade" from one frame to another, I didn't notice.
About 3:25 in the video, it fades from the "entering door" frame to the "gone through door" one. I can't speak for Punk Rex, but I was doing mock astonishment, I honestly don't mind/care whether it Cuts, Fades or Wipes.

ErwinGodfrey

Jul 17, 2012
When I first read the title on Wikipedia's upcoming games list I instantly thought.
"What the shit? Bethesda's making a new Elder Scrolls game and I've never heard of it?"
Sadly it turned out to be completely unrelated to TES and in a genre that interest's me as much as RTS interest's Yahtze.

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
Finally! A game that I want to purchase with my Steam Gift Card! There has been a lot of meh games for 2014 and none of Yahtzee's top 5 really interested me. I like puzzles and I need to have the puzzle itch scratched.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
The Last Melon said:
(for those that really needed the lyrics)
Thanks for that, I couldn't figure out what the last line was.

Now to figure out how to get it in an MP3.

Yahtzee should sing more often.

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
I know how you feel about the new Smash Bros game. Despite being a huge fan of the franchise I was MAJORLY disappointed with the WiiU version. Mostly because they had to gall to totally GUT the single player experience. At least the 3DS version has Smash Run, which at least briefly resembles the fun side scrolling beat-em-up gameplay from the Subspace Emissary and campaign mode from Meelee. Apparently nintendo thinks what people want most from the new smash bros is a graphically updated N-64 game.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Michael Dunkerton said:
Heimskr is busy Heimskring it up...
Yeah, I briefly was stuck with that in the back of my head, too. Unfortunately, The Talos Principle references the Greek mythical automaton that was, as the game says, either built by Daedalus or the gods. It's pretty much just a pedantic rephrasing of "If it quacks like a human, is it demonstrably worthy of being considered as a human?"

I love the game for its puzzles, honestly, but I'd say that the philosophical contents aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea. In which case, just rewatch the first "Short Circuit" a couple times and you'll get the gist of it.

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
Solving puzzles with time travel? Hidden stars? Mysterious document fragments? This sounds as much like Braid as it does like Portal. In any case, this sounds like it might be my cup of tea, so perhaps I'll stick it on my Steam wishlist.

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
I'll admit that I've probably been playing too much Skyrim, since one of the first thoughts to pop into my head upon seeing the title is "What, shout at things?" That said, Talos Principle almost feels like an old school adventure game, albeit one with no comedic angle to it. Not that this is bad, since it keeps the tone nicely, just not my cup of tea--I like to laugh every now and again when I'm mentally engaged to solve problems.

Yahtzee's drunken singing cracked me up, though.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
The Talos Principle is a good proof that CroTeam actually do know what they are doing. Serious Sam is meant to be what it is, bombastic and insane carnage.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
This looks very good, thank you Yahtzee and a happy new year to you.

GrumbleGrump said:
Okay, I have to ask. What the hell does Yahtzee mean when he refers to a cocksucking cowboy? Is it a type of cider in Australia? I ask this because if there's an ice cream that's named Golden Gaytime, then ther might be something... Else?
It's a popular Australian shooter made of Butterscotch Schnapps and Baileys Irish Cream. One part Schnapps, two parts Baileys.
Putting the name aside that actually sounds like a rather nice beverage.

Toblo1

Jun 1, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Yahtzee just... backhandedly compliment Smash Bros at the beginning?

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
truckspond said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
This looks very good, thank you Yahtzee and a happy new year to you.

GrumbleGrump said:
Okay, I have to ask. What the hell does Yahtzee mean when he refers to a cocksucking cowboy? Is it a type of cider in Australia? I ask this because if there's an ice cream that's named Golden Gaytime, then ther might be something... Else?
It's a popular Australian shooter made of Butterscotch Schnapps and Baileys Irish Cream. One part Schnapps, two parts Baileys.
Putting the name aside that actually sounds like a rather nice beverage.
Curdled alcoholic milk! The drink of champions!

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
Silentpony said:
Am I the only one who realizes you can play audiologs and still play the game? Even Doom 3 allowed you to exit the PDF, keep the log playing, and continue killing. It was hardly a game stopper.
Well I haven't played this or Doom 3, but my problem with, say, Bioshock is that you never know when a bunch of noisy splicers are going to come along and talk over the top of an audiolog you're trying to listen to. That's why I would always stay still to listen to them.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
sure its a great game. enjoyed the heck of it. but agree with the puzzles that at times i had to look up on youtube how to solve it.
i have noticed that you can put a damn box on the these bombs when i was standing on something high and saw the outline of the box above it when it came close. sure could have used and explanation for it a bit earlier.
never the less, still had a great time with it and made second best game of 2014.

Knytes

Dec 5, 2013
Am I the only one that heard a bit of the Beverly Hillbillies theme song in the background during that little drunken end song of Yahtzee's?