Zero Punctuation: Talos Principle

incandenza

Sep 1, 2010
i hear it now! random documents! this was one of my favorite yahtzee reviews in awhile. i really hope ben and jim do something together again soon. missing jim at the escapist, and the expo being in the next town over from me. in nc.

Gospelnut

Dec 22, 2014
The Last Melon said:
Random documents and audiologs!
We find them stuck to noticeboards, we find them under dogs!
We're gonna put them in a file and give it a review,
And we're bored of all the gameplay but we've nothing else to do!

(for those that really needed the lyrics)
I love you! Late Christmas present!

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
For how much Yahtzee keeps bringing up Smash Brothers I still haven't seen the (apparantly) massive amounts of comments telling him to review it.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Warachia said:
For how much Yahtzee keeps bringing up Smash Brothers I still haven't seen the (apparantly) massive amounts of comments telling him to review it.
According to the Yahtzee fanboys, there are already a gorillion Nintendo fanboy poster right in this very thread hating on Yahtzee because of reasons. And it has nothing to do with the fact that Yahtzee likes to occasionally insult them for literally no reason.

OT: I like puzzle games and the game seems interesting. I might give it a try some times in the future when I stop playing Hyrule Warriors and HQM Minecraft. I have no time for more games right now.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
Michael Dunkerton said:
the crazy SOB in whiterun's dialogue
well thanks for making me remember that guy. when i was reading your post i was having a flashback, standing in whiterun and listening to that lunatic. *shivers*

OT: was i the only person who thought this game to be some kind of TES spin off? anyway i really enjoy puzzles and philosophy never hurts so ill probably pick this up

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
And now that song will be stuck in my head for the rest of my work day. Thanks! It's quite a jaunty tune.
PunkRex said:
Was that a fade in I saw, getting fruity with the editing are we, 0/10, WOULD NOT WATCH AGAIN, I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!
Aeshi said:
Fading to the next frame instead of Cutting to it? In my Zero Punctuation?!
He's cleeeeeearly running out of ideas, sad really.
So I take it you didn't like the song at the end. And if he did "fade" from one frame to another, I didn't notice.
OH GAWD, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Yeah, this game's way too expensive for what you're getting. And they hardly spent any time or resources developing it too!

Not saying it's a bad game at all but c'mon. $40 for a one-time-run puzzle game? Seriously, guys?

NoMercy Rider

May 17, 2013
Arnoxthe1 said:
Yeah, this game's way too expensive for what you're getting. And they hardly spent any time or resources developing it too!

Not saying it's a bad game at all but c'mon. $40 for a one-time-run puzzle game? Seriously, guys?
Just to make a counterpoint (not saying your opinion is wrong), but Portal 2 (the closest comparison to TTP) original sold for $50 and takes about half as long to complete. One could argue that co-op offers more replayability, which is a fair point. According to howlongtobeat, it takes about 15 hours to complete TTP, and add another 12 hours if you want to complete all the optional content and unlock all three endings. Based on my playthrough, that is pretty accurate.

Plus, they have released the editor, so there is potential for plenty of user content in the future... time will tell.

But anyway, everybody's value of game prices is different. Quite frankly, I haven't heard from anyone that has purchased the game at full price and regretted their decision. To me, it was worth every penny. But if you are disappointed with the price, just give it time, Croteam frequently gives deep discounts to their games.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Like many things in games, random documents and audio logs can either be good or bad, depending on what their used for. If it's boring and useless, then yes, that is very bad. When used well, they can open up the larger game world, reveal some hidden character depth, and provide clues to solving puzzles, and foreshadow upcoming events in the game, or future games. The times, it could just be funny to read or listen to.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
BiH-Kira said:
Warachia said:
According to the Yahtzee fanboys, there are already a gorillion Nintendo fanboy poster right in this very thread hating on Yahtzee because of reasons. And it has nothing to do with the fact that Yahtzee likes to occasionally insult them for literally no reason.
The reason is Smash Bros., actually.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
BiH-Kira said:
Warachia said:
So according to you, the existence of a game is enough reason to insult someone?
Yahtzee has no reason to insult anyone, he just does it and uses something as an excuse for doing it.

thedarkfreak

Apr 7, 2011
The Last Melon said:
Random documents and audiologs!
We find them stuck to noticeboards, we find them under dogs!
We're gonna put them in a file and give it a review,
And we're bored of all the gameplay but we've nothing else to do!

(for those that really needed the lyrics)

Just gonna be a picky jerk and point out that the last line is "when we're bored...".

The whole song together is saying we'll ignore the little story bits until we've done everything else.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
BiH-Kira said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
BiH-Kira said:
Warachia said:
So according to you, the existence of a game is enough reason to insult someone?
Yahtzee has no reason to insult anyone, he just does it and uses something as an excuse for doing it.
I don't know, he criticized the game/s and partly blamed its fans for keeping them on the map. Did you feel insulted? He's called on pretty pretty much every fan of everything at this point.

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
Question: Yahtzee says he'd like to assault the newgroundser who first came up with puzzles involving time-displaced copies of yourself.

Are there any examples of that other than Chronotron? and if so, can one of you point me to them?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
BiH-Kira said:
Isn't that his Shtick? I kinda figured anyone whose watched this show for a while would have picked up on this.

Then again, It doesn't bother me when he bashes a game I like.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Silentpony said:
Am I the only one who realizes you can play audiologs and still play the game? Even Doom 3 allowed you to exit the PDF, keep the log playing, and continue killing. It was hardly a game stopper.
I think one of the Extra Punctuations mentioned that even in games like BioShock he tended to hide in a corner somewhere to listen to them.

Alex Baas

Dec 2, 2011
Michael Dunkerton said:
Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise!
We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our sandbox shooters! While you have ascended from the dung of Series Sam, and now walk among the Smart Games!

And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true game of man! Ascended from brainless shooters, to rule the realm of puzzle platformers!

The very idea is inconceivable to our AAA overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With puzzle games? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!

Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment!

And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man!
Thank you!!!!!! Ever since I have heard of this game I have been searching for fellow Heimsirs!!! It has taken this long and yes it was worth it.

Cidward

Jul 7, 2014
This game looks very appealing, though I'll probably wait for the price to come down a bit. I Like Not Love (TM) most puzzle games (Portal being the obvious exception). But I'm definitely interested.