Zero Punctuation: Talos Principle

Michael Dunkerton

Jan 8, 2013
Alex Baas said:
Thank you!!!!!! Ever since I have heard of this game I have been searching for fellow Heimsirs!!! It has taken this long and yes it was worth it.
Although I do realize that Talos was a real mythical (...) figure, when I first saw this game, I assumed it was another half-baked game grabbing a word common in another popular, but unrelated, work, ie Garry's Incident. The word "Principle" made it seem even more so, since the only more generic philosophical-sci-fi name would be The Talos Effect. However, numerous reviews make it look like I judged it a bit too harshly by its cover.

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
thedarkfreak said:
The Last Melon said:
Random documents and audiologs!
We find them stuck to noticeboards, we find them under dogs!
We're gonna put them in a file and give it a review,
And we're bored of all the gameplay but we've nothing else to do!

(for those that really needed the lyrics)

Just gonna be a picky jerk and point out that the last line is "when we're bored...".

The whole song together is saying we'll ignore the little story bits until we've done everything else.
Whoops, good catch, I'll edit.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
Enlong said:
Question: Yahtzee says he'd like to assault the newgroundser who first came up with puzzles involving time-displaced copies of yourself.

Are there any examples of that other than Chronotron? and if so, can one of you point me to them?
Just remember, you asked for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsUihT9hD2s

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
Zero Punctuation is pure entertainment. I come here to watch regularly even though the only games he ever mentioned that I played regularly are Psychonauts, Bioshock, and Portal. Iwaitforthedaywheneventhepausesbetweenwordsbecomeexcisedandthewholevideostreamsbylikeablipvertinaminuteandahalf. I did have to go back and watch one part again because I blinked and missed where the pink panties fit in.

Aitamen

Dec 6, 2011
Repurpose enemies as trollies? A game by Serious Sam devs that apes Solstice?

Holy shit, sir, you just sold a game.

Also, I think your singing is fantastic and it made my day.

mistwolf

Feb 1, 2008
truckspond said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
This looks very good, thank you Yahtzee and a happy new year to you.

GrumbleGrump said:
Okay, I have to ask. What the hell does Yahtzee mean when he refers to a cocksucking cowboy? Is it a type of cider in Australia? I ask this because if there's an ice cream that's named Golden Gaytime, then ther might be something... Else?
It's a popular Australian shooter made of Butterscotch Schnapps and Baileys Irish Cream. One part Schnapps, two parts Baileys.
Putting the name aside that actually sounds like a rather nice beverage.
They are quite nice, IMHO. Properly made, it is layered with the Bailey's over top of the Buttershots. Looks great and goes down easily. You will find them in many places as 'slippery nipples' or 'buttery nipples', the 'cocksucking cowboy' is a much more recent adopted name because nipples stopped being 'edgy'. ;) Though I always made them at more of a 1:1 ratio, but it isn't like I measured. I don't drink much (The occaisonal scotch is about it) but I will do about anything for these. :)

wfpdk

May 8, 2008
yatzee hasn't done a little extra bit like that at the end in a long time. i liked it.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
What Yahtzee does, so we do not have to. I would just love to know how drunk the devs where when they came up with the "skip the main game mechanic by using a copy of said mechanic". Mechaniception? Clearly, logic is still low on their priorities list.

Loved the song at the end!