Zero Punctuation: The Cave

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I still have the hillbilly left, but why the bloody buggers would I play it just for him? Meh..

Youtube ahoy!

Derek_the_Dodo

Sep 28, 2010
Best ending for a fair while, and yes stalactites are the one's on the ceiling correct.

I don't like the idea of having to play it through so many times just to get all the levels...

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
I guess Double Fine can't make a great game every time.

Roofstone said:
I still have the hillbilly left, but why the bloody buggers would I play it just for him? Meh..

Youtube ahoy!
Youtube! my favourite friend when I am to board or busy to finish a game.
"Red Dead" I just couldn't find the time or will

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I always hate it when games force you to play through the games again to get a different ending. An example that comes to mind is Shadow the Hedgehog in which you had to play the game I don't know how many times and then had to do both the good, bad and neutral ending each time. Was quite irritating.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Regarding stalactites, here's a way to remember: Stalagmites have an M in them, just like pyramids which they sort of look like. And pyramids are on the ground; so the ones with the M are on the ground, too. That leaves stalactites for the ceiling.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
For some reason in this review Yahtzee sounds like Owen from the Vicar of Dibley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQCtzx0NE24&feature=player_detailpage#t=5s

Moth_Monk

Feb 26, 2012
This episode was refreshingly good. Not compared to other ZP episodes, I don't mean; compared to the other features on the Escapist of recent times *cough*Jimfuckingquistion*cough*

snave

Nov 10, 2009
Skeleon said:
Regarding stalactites, here's a way to remember: Stalagmites have an M in them, just like pyramids which they sort of look like. And pyramids are on the ground; so the ones with the M are on the ground, too. That leaves stalactites for the ceiling.
Holding a handstand all day takes might, hanging requires holding on tight.

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
Actually, you would only have to play it 5 times to get all the endings for all the characters...

Proof: 7 characters times 2 endings is 14 total variations. you can only pick 3 characters each playthrough. 14 divided by 3 is about 4.6, which means you need a minimum of 5 playthroughs (with one character having to be played a third time). Essentially the way it would work is if by the third time you play, you pick a character to get the first ending, then the other two characters that are being repeated go off to get the second ending...

Five playthroughs is still four bloody times too many. =/

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Neronium said:
I always hate it when games force you to play through the games again to get a different ending. An example that comes to mind is Shadow the Hedgehog in which you had to play the game I don't know how many times and then had to do both the good, bad and neutral ending each time. Was quite irritating.
Oh god it's something like 24 times if you insist on a full playthrough for each ending. Still, I enjoyed thast game, as shameful as that is.

OT: Demo was okay, kinda dull, not very taxing in it's puzzles so I'll be passing. At least it wasn;t like Stacking where I genuinely reached a point where FAQ's held not the answer and my brain was mush.

Lejsen

Mar 2, 2011
Angel Molina said:
Actually, you would only have to play it 5 times to get all the endings for all the characters...

Proof: 7 characters times 2 endings is 14 total variations. you can only pick 3 characters each playthrough. 14 divided by 3 is about 4.6, which means you need a minimum of 5 playthroughs (with one character having to be played a third time). Essentially the way it would work is if by the third time you play, you pick a character to get the first ending, then the other two characters that are being repeated go off to get the second ending...

Five playthroughs is still four bloody times too many. =/
And that's only if you knew there were multiple endings before finishing the third run..

themilo504

May 9, 2010
I really hate those guide dang it situations in video games where you have to have psychic powers to get the good ending.

If you want to play some good modern lucasarts adventure game I advice the sam and max episodic games there funny and have some really clever puzzles.

although in the third season the controls are pretty bad.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
snave said:
Skeleon said:
Stalactites tumble, while stalagmites are mounted to the floor.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Skeleon said:
snave said:
I always use:

The 'mites go up when the 'tights come down.

Jan 27, 2011
This was probably the best review in months. I was laughing my ass off non stop.

I had to rewatch this one three times in a row. That doesn't happen very often. XD