Zero Punctuation: The Conduit

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
jericu said:
It was an okay review, but the Palin bashing wore pretty thin, pretty quick. Even then, it wasn't very funny.
It is funny to people not in the US.
Sort of like a funny car crash, if it happened in a completely moronic way it's hilarious to look at it on YouTube from the comfort of your living room, but not when you're in the car.

bouncymike999

Mar 4, 2009
Freakout456 said:
Wow another Wii zp review and yet my Wii will stay dusty.

Also I wonder since he hasn't mentioned it does Yahtzee know that Prince of Persia SoT is now becoming a movie because I think he'd be "overjoyed" to hear it.

because he reviews games not movies

Conan_Edogawa

Apr 14, 2009
in all honesty, i had already decided upon seeing commercials for this game, that i won't be buying it. purely for the reason that it's a shooting game, and the wii's controls just seem to make that more difficult to deal with. i did have friends trying to convince me to get it anyway, though, and i'm grateful to you, Yahtzee, for giving me more legitimate reasons to give my friends for why i won't get it.

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
My brother bought Wii for the novelty factor sadly he's put maybe 14 hours into it and has 8 different games and Wiifit... Oh Nintendo is actually a supergenius who's hell-bent on taking over the world or at least Hawawi. Anyways, I have little faith in any new Wii titles and have let the piece of plastic slowly collect mounds of dust, wouldn't be surprised if there were beetles in there now.

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
GoliathJT said:
...but I loved it for a Wii game.
Yes. His point exactly. When "for a Wii game" must be added, that should be a warning to avoid the game if possible. That kind of qualifier always sends up red flags for me.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
This was funny! But the only game that I actually listened to yahtzee about was Medal of Honor. I'm still going to play my Conduit despite what yahtzee says. But the BDEPP BDEEP this is so true!!!

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Freakout456 said:

Also I wonder since he hasn't mentioned it does Yahtzee know that Prince of Persia SoT is now becoming a movie because I think he'd be "overjoyed" to hear it.

Read the sentences at the end of one of his Prince of Persia game reivews and he mentions it. (I'm pretty sure it's after the Prince of Persia one.)

OT: Meh. Okay, but not great at all.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
While I haven't played it, from what I've seen/heard the conduit definitly seems like a very old school game. And I mean that in all the worst ways.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
First of all: Holy fucking jesus christ nailed to a cross comprised entirely of three-or-four more hold fucking jesus christs. Do you people even watch the bloody video through before you post your banal comments?!

And now, my banal comment: Say what you like about the Wii, it's fun when you have friends over, especially when most of them (and you) have between you; one Wii, one Xbox, Half a PS3, and about two dozen PCs. I don't think I've ever played my Wii for more than a half-hour at a time. It's just not designed for that. If you're still playing Mad World for more than ten minutes without passing it on to the next person in line, you're not playing it right.

Ormick

Jan 7, 2009
The thing I don't get is why in the fuck don't developers have the remote compliment the analog stick when it comes to turning!? Metriod did it opretty damn well from what I saw. And my god... Disney is going to destroy PoP. I have no hope for humanity anymore.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
When the Escapist first started running those God-awful deep-throated ads for the Conduit, and I saw it was a shooter for the Wii, I had the distinct impression that Yahtzee would tear the atrocious game a superfluous new behind.

Glad to see I was not disappointed.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
GoliathJT said:
I rented (and beat) The Conduit over 5 days, and I have to say I fucking loved it.
It could have been longer and had better alien weapons (I didn't like their design) but I loved it for a Wii game.
Ehehehe you just proved Yahtzee's point.

You didn't with 'I loved it', but rather 'I loved it for a Wii game'. Stuff like that is brilliant. "It wouldn't be fair to compare it to normal games, but compared to the other spacky games out there it doesn't rate TOO bad" etc etc.

Note: Not sure why I'm ragging on the Wii here, LOZ:TP was amazing by any standards. So it definitely has the capability...

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
bouncymike999 said:
Freakout456 said:

because he reviews games not movies
well ya he does review games I'm not saying he should review the movie but he actually enjoys Prince of Persia...a lot he mentions it in more reviews then he should.

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
Meh, I'm a nintendo fan and I've given up on the wii. I really can't say I'm suprised. I was expecting it to be now bad, but horrible.

chaos666

Jan 20, 2009
As always good review I'm glad you reviewed this game. After all the praise it got I'm glad it got curb stomped into the ground. My prediction for Yahtzee's next 3 reviews.

Next Week: Madden NFL 10 (Let's face it he's never reviewed a sports game and this would be the perfect one for him to try)

In 2 weeks: Wolfenstein (need I say anything)

In 3 Weeks: Batman Arkham Asylum (If my memory serves me right this game will have stealth in it. If it does its a shoe in for a review.)

If Yahtzee ever does another old game I hope he does Psi-Ops for the PS2. That game was pure fun and ways you can kill people=priceless.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Freakout456 said:

Being the ass I am, I emailed asking if he was aware. He never got back to me. Of course, I didn't expect anything less, but I still do wonder what his opinion would be on it.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
newguy77 said:
Freakout456 said:

Read the sentences at the end of one of his Prince of Persia game reivews and he mentions it. (I'm pretty sure it's after the Prince of Persia one.)
oh....nevermind then

portal_cat

Jun 25, 2009
Not all Wii games are as bad as Palin. I'd have to say that Sega is as bad as Palin but not the Wii.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Cavouku said:
Freakout456 said:

Being the ass I am, I emailed asking if he was aware. He never got back to me. Of course, I didn't expect anything less, but I still do wonder what his opinion would be on it.
That's why I mentioned it.

Hellekeen

Aug 12, 2009
Well, did u know that the WII ist the Console with the badest Buy/Play-ratio of all consoles EVER created.. means often bought, seldom played.. =)

And thats mainly because everyone THINKS its great fun to wiggle around with the WIImote, but aparently it's NOT.. ^^