Zero Punctuation: The Crew 2

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Not wanting to spoiler anything here, Yahtz, but the entire driving philosophy behind racing and their accompanying games is about getting from one point to another the fastest you can.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I liked the crew until I had to destroy boxes in a vehicle that wasn't mine after racing to that location in a vehicle that was mine. The plot there being I had to runover a certain amount of evidence to find the evidence. I wanted to start the crew over without all the cars I bought but Ubisoft won't allow that. I took that as a sigh that the game was only there to try to make people buy crew credits. So that pretty much guaranteed that I would have 0 interest in the crew 2.
That & I sold my PS4 after having to make a budget cut because ESO from Zenimax became too greedy with their monthly cosmetics.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I would say he's dead wrong about Saint Louis but...yeah. Even we StL people think the Arch is a bore and not a lot happens in this town.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
How dissapointing, I liked the story in the first game, so to hear it's been cut down is quite dissapointing.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Xsjadoblayde said:
Not wanting to spoiler anything here, Yahtz, but the entire driving philosophy behind racing and their accompanying games is about getting from one point to another the fastest you can.
Well, they could have done a bit more - Street races could be point-to-point with no rules, Pro Racing laps with some rules (e.g. no ramming of opponents), Off-Road could be a check point hunt with no defined track and you can go through all of them in any order. Bam, differences while all are about being "fastest".

Of course, knowing Yahtzee, that might be the case and he oversimplified it for the sake of a joke.

Onliuge

Aug 9, 2012
I wonder when Yahtzee is gonna play Mount & Blade, so he can join the infinite wait that we're all 'enjoying'.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
darkrage6 said:
How dissapointing, I liked the story in the first game, so to hear it's been cut down is quite dissapointing.
I totally forgot there was a first "The Crew" let alone its story.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Got The Crew's ultimate edition 4 or 5 months ago *because* it's a pure sandbox. Really great for just touring, i.e. driving aimlessly about in amazing cars to relax after a stressful day. It was varied enough, had the cars I wanted and some nice challenges to jump in and out of on a whim.

Cops and cop chases where DLC for the orginal, so... expect this new game to add loads of stuff as paid DLC eventually.
Gonna wait for that Ultimate edition once that gets to half price ;-)

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Considering the 1st Crew is itself a downgrade of Driver: San Francisco, made by the same team, it's hardly surprising that the 2nd one has even less reason to bother playing.

Onliuge said:
I wonder when Yahtzee is gonna play Mount & Blade, so he can join the infinite wait that we're all 'enjoying'.
Hmm I dunno- if Yahtzee was going to review Warband he'd have probably done it by now. Pity though considering it's the diamond in the rough that successfully avoids so many of the pitfalls he doesn't like about Skyrimesque RPGs.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Squilookle said:
Considering the 1st Crew is itself a downgrade of Driver: San Francisco, made by the same team, it's hardly surprising that the 2nd one has even less reason to bother playing.

Onliuge said:
Hmm I dunno- if Yahtzee was going to review Warband he'd have probably done it by now. Pity though considering it's the diamond in the rough that successfully avoids so many of the pitfalls he doesn't like about Skyrimesque RPGs.
Maybe if there is a period of no releases again where he can do a Retro Review on a game, then there might be a chance. But I wouldn't really put my faith into that happening at all, as he'll more likely pick a different game for that.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Bindal said:
Squilookle said:

Onliuge said:
Maybe if there is a period of no releases again where he can do a Retro Review on a game, then there might be a chance. But I wouldn't really put my faith into that happening at all, as he'll more likely pick a different game for that.
I'd say so too. He's never mentioned the series after all, and at least a few times now he's lamented that there isn't a game that does one thing or another that Mount and Blade actually does, and you don't say that stuff when you know about a game that solves it. If I didn't know better I'd say he's probably completely in the dark about them.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
I just went and replayed Driver San Fransisco instead of buying the Crew 2, the Graphics are still good in that game, the handling is good and the gameplay still holds up. The only thing that sucks is you dont have a new car roster.