Zero Punctuation: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I'm quite surprised he like it.

The "perhaps it's because the NPC's don't look like they're trying to murder you with their gaze" line made me laugh.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
I had the same issues with potions, apart from the restore health potions, all the others were untouched.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I never really saw much use for a horse when you can fast travel, unless one could use it as a packing mule...

And when I'm actually out exploring I rather keep a low profile instead of having a big stomping Clydesdale give away my position. Plus, the view on horseback feels a bit too distant.

THEoriginalBRIEN

Aug 23, 2010
That's a shame. I was really hoping Bethesda would fix their trading system in game. I remember in Fallout 3 I had all of the caps in the whole world, and all the best stuff, and everyone else was poor as shit. I wound up just travelling the land, throwing caps at the peasants and "merchants" that crossed my path. It's no fun being the 1%.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ickabod said:
For the love of anything, I really hope that you're kidding.
I would hope the parenthetical part eliminated thoughts to the contrary.

FEichinger said:
Wait ... Yahtzee actually did a critique on a classy Western RPG within weeks of its release? ... He actually did a critique on a TES game within weeks of its release?! ...
Bethesda stole his hat and are holding it for ransom.

Drake666

Sep 13, 2010
Spot1990 said:
I went with the Imperial, mostly because in the bedlam of a dragon attack I saw some dude and followed him. Joined the Legion later because I actually preferred them.
The same here... I mean, there's a FREAKING DRAGON outside! I will follow the first dude who says "Follow me" :p

Stupid like that... :(

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Skyrim should have been bigger, IMO. I guess Blackreach and all the underground areas make up for it, but the sprawling landscape just doesn't sprawl enough for me.

Also, same glitch happened to me. Mid-conversation, Paarthurnax launched into the the air as high as the skybox would allow, and then slowly descended back down into the ground. Made for a very annoying conversation.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Wow, that was a ringing endorsement from Yahtzee! Somebody call Satan and tell him to look at his thermostat.

I can't believe Skyrim. I really don't know what to think. I got home from work yesterday and sat down to play a little bit of Skyrim before dinner, and I looked up and I should've gone to bed two hours ago.

It was profoundly disturbing to lose that much time with absolutely no perception of it passing whatsoever.

I'm glad Yahtzee liked it.

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
hated the start because you runined in i was ceeping it a surprise for myswlf :(
however thought the end of the video was funny :)

Danny91

May 30, 2011
My Shadowmere has killed so many things for me, up to and including two dragons. I love him.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Jennacide said:
I love in the end credits he knows that there will be nude mods and child murder mods. The second one having been already made. The mod community can be nice, but also stupidly predictable at times.
Actually there are alraedy about 10+ nude mods that I've seen so far.. So, yeah.. Now you know.

I enjoyed the review. Great fun as always.

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
Spot1990 said:
I went with the Imperial, mostly because in the bedlam of a dragon attack I saw some dude and followed him. Joined the Legion later because I actually preferred them.
Good. I'm glad I'm not the only person who heard a guy go "Here, follow me" and said "Thank god, someone sane" Imperial or not, that dude helped me out.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I totally feel him on that "Find the exploit" bit.
I spent forever finding a rock to stand on in order to arrow that one frost troll to death.
And don't even get me started on deathlords.

Athinira

Jan 25, 2010
Doom-Slayer said:
Actually watched it. And im still confused whether he liked it or not. Strangely being the magically space god I am, I havent had a single glitch or bug in the game just like Fallout3 and New vegas before the uber patchs, so I find it strange when people comment on that.

But..he was gentle to it and said he was immersed so Im not sure whether he was just forgiving the gltiches and tolerating it or genuinely liking it.
Maybe you're just not very good at spotting glitches then, because they pop up like targets at a shooting range? :eek:)

Still a good game though.