Zero Punctuation: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Funny... Since I can play Skyrim for days and get maximum enjoyment.
So your argument that you can gain more enjoyment out of batman or any other game than I can out of Skyrim is close minded and one sided.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Skyrim didn't manage to keep my interest more than two hours .... Good thing I didn't buy it.

I just don't get these bethesda RPGs. To me they're just bad games; clunky interfaces, poor scripting, uninteresting combat and wholly unbalanced. I guess they're interesting as virtual worlds?

Other than that everything about these games shrieks "Been there, done that" to me. Can we have something new, please?

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
It always helps to play a good game with some flaws right after a bunch of really bad games with out flaws, it helps bring out the charity in you

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
How annoying it is when you can't watch reviews like this without spoiling the game you haven't been able to play yet.
Isn't the point of making these to... show... it
Bah, i don't even

ArchAngelKira

Mar 25, 2010
Zero Puncuation reviews are as funny as ever. Skyrim is amazing but I hope he doesn't review that JRPG Tales of Graces. It might hurt him

AlwaystheUnlucky

Oct 5, 2010
"Sure that's cute"
"Don't try... to manipulate me."
"Whatever you want."
"You're a big fat liar"

-Rest in peace boredom pie.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
spot on, Yahtzee :]

especially with that horse...she really doesn't give a damn!

Mr. Fahrenheit

Mar 16, 2009
Anyone else think he was ridiculously lenient with this game? His shtick is that he points out all the flaws in a game but there were so many that he just flat-out ignored. Does he just have a stiffy for any sandbox game that floats his way?

I also like how he's critical of other companies that release tons of sequels and 'rehashes' and whatnot, but never mentions how Bethesda has released Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim all on the same platforms in a just five years.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
Anyone else think he was ridiculously lenient with this game? His shtick is that he points out all the flaws in a game but there were so many that he just flat-out ignored. Does he just have a stiffy for any sandbox game that floats his way?

I also like how he's critical of other companies that release tons of sequels and 'rehashes' and whatnot, but never mentions how Bethesda has released Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim all on the same platforms in a just five years.
Got to remember that when he made the review, he had just come off of Shooter Season 2011. It was his job to review single player games that alot of people just would not touch.

He will rip Skyrim a new one with TES6 game hopefully.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Mar 16, 2009
Skin said:
Mr. Fahrenheit said:

Got to remember that when he made the review, he had just come off of Shooter Season 2011. It was his job to review single player games that alot of people just would not touch.

He will rip Skyrim a new one with TES6 game hopefully.
Wouldn't touch? Skyrim is the Call of Duty of RPGs. EVERYONE played Skyrim.

Just felt like he intentionally ignored the worst of the flaws. I find it hard to believe that he'd just miss them on his first fly-over or neglect to mention any of the things that Bethesda has done wrong lately.

charge52

Apr 29, 2012
Yahtzee, i am very disappointed in you. You have praised a game that does not in anyway deserve it. You ignored the fact that the game play was shit, that combat was just hit button until enemy dies, the fact that the game is easy as a school whore. The fact that the "story" was a bland and predictable mess, the fact that all of the quests are just go here kill this, go here give that, or go here get this. The game isn't even a goddamn RPG, it is an action game with a few poorly done RPG elements. It is a mindless hack and slasher with boring repetitive environments, bland and repetitive character design, absolutely atrocious weapon design, and no real good points. The only thing people seem to be able to offer as a defense is that you can mod what you do not like, but if the community is making this game good, then why has it earned awards? Also, can someone please tell me why every Skyrim fanboy would be nerd raging at Yahtzee if he called it bad, and yet is acting like he is god because he called it good? And Yahtzee, did you not once say that a game that has been handed perfect scores across the board does not need to be excused? Then why did you not call out fanboys excusing the flaws for mods, and why are you excusing it simply because it is open world? Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, you are a bloody hypocrite.