Zero Punctuation: The Second Annual E3 Hype Massacre

Xaositect

Mar 6, 2008
Astropunk said:
Final Fantasy 14?!? WTF?! We're up to that number now?
Here's ever "rpg" ever made:

ATTACK
CAST SPELL
USE ITEM
RUN!!! (...maybe)

And people still want new clones of these games? WHY?!
You wouldnt be an FPS fan would you? Its just Id have to assume that to make such a bone headed assumption you would have to play the type of game where the SOLE purpose is lining up a crosshair with a virtual enemy and pulling the trigger. Over and over. For. The. Entire. Game.

Trust me, if anyone has the crown for needless clone of games with tiresome mechanics, nobody is taking that crown from the FPS (or more accurately I suppose, Shooter).

Titanium Dragon

Apr 23, 2008
I hate to say this but this video really devolved into more of a lame rant than anything else. While sure, it is funny to make fun of those people who complain about everything which comes out, this sounds more like you ARE one of those people who complains about everything that ever comes out. Now, I know this is your job, but it is your job to be funny about it, rather than being funny in the way they are.

The second half of the video, thus, was pretty unsuccessful in my eyes. While going through and saying something witty about every game would be amusing, mostly it was pretty much stuff which had already been said, and therefore wasn't really worth saying again.

E3 is pretty stupid, but just making the most obvious jokes about each game is not what I watch ZP for.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
I vote to keep the "Pissed off cat being sick" tune as the credits BGM.

Also, why didn't you mention ?! You should've totally ranted that shit into the ground man.

defaultuser

Jun 5, 2009
Name Not Found said:
defaultuser said:
Fan-friggin-tastic! But what about Scribblenauts? I thought you would dig that. Everyone was shouting about it being best in show.
Scribblenauts does look awesome.
God vs Cthulu?
Sold.
Oh yeah. So many choices. No Trademark stuff though. So sad. Watching Mario and Mickey Mouse being dropped into a shark tank would have satisfied the angry voices in my head.

PeaceFistCreations

Feb 19, 2009
When he said that the Guardian will die at the end of the game, I immediately thought of PA's similar insight in their comic. But I didn't consider him a rip off, I just thought it was a coincidence. I'm happy he brought that up, though.

Enosh_

Aug 27, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Wow...Bets that Yahtzee hangs himself before the year is out? Seriously, the guy is depressed.
he isn't depresed, he is just plaiyng to be a hater beacose that gets him more money

well... DUH. Except his comedy is making points that a lot of people are frustrated about so they enjoy agreeing with it. The games industry is a big corporate polished turd, people are pissed and the companies have no idea what to do except make more shitty sequels
bull.fucking.shit
calling on sequel shit only based on the fact that it is a sequel is probably the most retarded thing you can do. Yes gaming is a industry, welcome to the real world where a thing called money exist and where games don't cost 2000$ anymore to make like they did 20 years ago and every fucking no talent looser could make his own game, hell they can still do that, just that most poeple don't give a shit about them anymore.
yes game developers and publishers want to make money, ofcourse they fucking want to, they have a life and bills to pay too. Game companies do what everyone else would do, they release sequels that are a garanty for them to get money and not get bancrupt AND they release new IPs on top, that are usualy more risky, look at brutal legent, dante's inferno, batman:AA, section 8, borderlands, bayonetta, darksiders, the saboteur etc etc, there have been tons of new IPs at E3 and with the current economy and the cost of making a game each of these games presents a very big risk to the publisher and developer, just beacose you (or better said your character) are too stuck up in your own ass to aknowledge that fact (beacose face it, ranting about how there are only sequels brings you more money) doens't mean these games aren't there. Will they be bad or great? I don't fucking know and won't know until they are released

0ArmoredSoul0 said:
To be completely truthful, I was actually looking forward to the Halo Reach game since I've always wanted to play as one of the ODSTs, just cause they're that awesome. Sure, you can jerk off with Master Chief and his super genes, but I prefer go into the same blood thirsty situations as the normal person with humongous balls and military training.
halo:reach is about a squad of spartans
halo:ODST is about the shock troopers

Mordereth

Jun 19, 2009
Though I would of liked him reviewing a game (like the Sims 3 or Empire Total War) he still had loads of good jokes in there. I think I've watched it three times.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
WolfmanNougat said:
FinalGamer said:
I dunno if anyone else mentioned this...but why did Yahtzee not mention Metroid: Other M?
Yanno the big reveal of Nintendo so we could love them again?
Yes, some have mentioned it, but I don't think many people are too enthusiastic about it. I've even heard in a few places people being pessimistic about it just for being co-developed by Team Ninja, "you know, the guys behind Dead Or Alive Extreme," which I wouldn't be surprised to find is Yahtzee's view of it.
but they did make Ninja Gaiden, which is unbelieveably awesome. So it's on the fence.

Catalyst691

Jan 22, 2008
I would like to point out is that Metal Gear Rising is coming for 360 and not PS3, but i still could care less. And i agree about the Assassins Creed 2 thing. I want to traverse cityscapes, but no i have to try not to fall into the Venice river. Beatles Rock Band is the worst idea in history. I mean come on! It's like hitting a long note every freakin 5 or 10 seconds. Riveting!!! I still hope that some other games such as Modern Warfare and Mas Effect 2 will see the light and actually do something different. If not, then i officially agree that everybody is shi*!

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
Yahtzee's definitely been on a rising trajectory for the last few weeks. I love it. :)

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
FinalGamer said:
WolfmanNougat said:
FinalGamer said:
I dunno if anyone else mentioned this...but why did Yahtzee not mention Metroid: Other M?
Yanno the big reveal of Nintendo so we could love them again?
Yes, some have mentioned it, but I don't think many people are too enthusiastic about it. I've even heard in a few places people being pessimistic about it just for being co-developed by Team Ninja, "you know, the guys behind Dead Or Alive Extreme," which I wouldn't be surprised to find is Yahtzee's view of it.
but they did make Ninja Gaiden, which is unbelieveably awesome. So it's on the fence.
Very true. Considering Samus hasn't been given a gratuitous inflation, we can assume they'll be focusing on the NG route... with lasers and morph balls :)