Zero Punctuation: The Second Annual E3 Hype Massacre

velcthulhu

Feb 14, 2009
I'm somewhat amused that none of the E3 games I'm actually interested in were mentioned here. It's a good thing I'm a pessimist anyway, or I might be getting excited.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
itsmeyouidiot said:
Nazulu said:
itsmeyouidiot said:
Nazulu said:
"Oh sorry, I didn't see you Nintendo with all that casual seamen crust on your face" lol that was a good stab at Nintendo especially when they bloody well deserve it! Alot of funny stuff in this one, and I reckon the hook shot will come first. :D
Oh, and have you actually been following Nintendo? If you had, you'd realize that they'd been working on a new Mario title for some time, had recently released some genuinely awesome games like Exitebots and Punch-Out, and are currently working on new Zelda and Pikmin. If Nintendo deserves anything, it's praise.
Oh yeah! After so many crap games, after so many years of waiting and after fucking up some of my favourite games like Brawl and Mario Kart!

Remember when they told us they didn't want to give us satisfaction? Something along the lines of being a sell out. And now they are bringing out Mario Galaxy 2 with Yoshi. Yay! like that hasn't been done before, also a new Zelda because what else could they possibly do?

Just so you know I do follow Nintendo because I only own a Wii. I play more virtual console and gamecube games on it than anything else so what the hell is the point of praising them?

Mario Galaxy and some others were good games that I had fun with but I have played far better games on their previous consoles.
If you though Nintendo fucked up Mario Kart and Brawl, then your opinions obviously have no merit whatsoever, as you are fucking nuts.

What asylum do they keep you in, and how often do they let you use the computers?
If you think those are great games then you are one sad little man. Very very sad.

itsmeyouidiot

Dec 22, 2008
Nazulu said:
itsmeyouidiot said:
Nazulu said:
itsmeyouidiot said:
Nazulu said:
"Oh sorry, I didn't see you Nintendo with all that casual seamen crust on your face" lol that was a good stab at Nintendo especially when they bloody well deserve it! Alot of funny stuff in this one, and I reckon the hook shot will come first. :D
Oh, and have you actually been following Nintendo? If you had, you'd realize that they'd been working on a new Mario title for some time, had recently released some genuinely awesome games like Exitebots and Punch-Out, and are currently working on new Zelda and Pikmin. If Nintendo deserves anything, it's praise.
Oh yeah! After so many crap games, after so many years of waiting and after fucking up some of my favourite games like Brawl and Mario Kart!

Remember when they told us they didn't want to give us satisfaction? Something along the lines of being a sell out. And now they are bringing out Mario Galaxy 2 with Yoshi. Yay! like that hasn't been done before, also a new Zelda because what else could they possibly do?

Just so you know I do follow Nintendo because I only own a Wii. I play more virtual console and gamecube games on it than anything else so what the hell is the point of praising them?

Mario Galaxy and some others were good games that I had fun with but I have played far better games on their previous consoles.
If you though Nintendo fucked up Mario Kart and Brawl, then your opinions obviously have no merit whatsoever, as you are fucking nuts.

What asylum do they keep you in, and how often do they let you use the computers?
If you think those are great games then you are one sad little man. Very very sad.
Funny, that's pretty much the exact same thing I said about you. Why don't we just both agree to disagree. And then maybe we can both agree you're a hateful lunatic.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
itsmeyouidiot said:
Nazulu said:
itsmeyouidiot said:
Nazulu said:
itsmeyouidiot said:
Nazulu said:

Funny, that's pretty much the exact same thing I said about you. Why don't we just both agree to disagree. And then maybe we can both agree you're a hateful lunatic.
Yeah, that you are the reason gaming is getting worse and you have horrible taste. I can definitely agree with that.

Also next time you want to fight, don't! Maybe if you wanted to know the reason for my post, thats fine but if you just feel personally offended well, you shouldn't be because not everyone is going to agree with you.

Sanity For Sale

Apr 18, 2009
I think I have a problem. I enjoy Yahtzee making sounds far too much. I laughed at it in his Valkyria Chronicles review, and it sent me into hysterics this time.

JonasBrothersSuck

Aug 25, 2008
Hehehe, "People = Shit" is a song by Slipknot (and an awesome song BTW)[look it up]
Amazing review, as to be expected; and I would bet very large sums of money on his predictions. He is psychic, i swear.

Tommy_Dizzle

Apr 7, 2008
man, remember when e3 was good?
no?
wait, me neither.

i've never listened to a goddamn thing that comes from e3 because that's just them saying "look what we're thinking of doing!". When i see the box on the shelf, i'll give a shit.

imkerrusin

Jul 9, 2008
Another Final Fantasy Game? X_X wth? I thought XIII was the last one they were going to do. Obviously it went to shit by the time X came out. I still say X is the worst of them all. They just took concepts from previous Final Fantasy games and decided to mix them into a melting pot to make X.

Then again, I still favor Final Fantasy VI out of all of them personally. Maybe it's because I think clowns kick ass when they are bad guys. >_>

sheepstation

Apr 4, 2008
This was really good, one of the best ZPs in a while I reckon. Yahtzee seemed relaxed, not in a 'not trying' way but like he wasn't forcing anything, wasn't going for excessive rage or whatever but was just letting fly in an amusing way.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
benjtfell said:
People = Shit

That pretty much sums up the people that go to E3
Not quite sure if you heard what he said there... Everyone who thinks they're not shit are even more shit so that means you calling those who go to E3 shit an even bigger shit.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
"Semen." A Seaman is person whose profession is Naval, not something that becomes encrusted in your NavEL. If I could tweek that just a little closer to Dr. Suess, it'd be funny.

Nintendo only has so many ideas per decade, and while I am certainly glad Mario, Zelda and Metroid are alive and well, where the Hell is Starfox? Ya'know the one we haven't seen since the cartridge days? Without garnering real 3rd party support and assassinating the likes of CROME studios who do the bastard-child ports of such games as Marvel:UA, Splinter Cell and all star wars games to the wii, Nintendo will always be severely lacking for good, adult games. Which is sad, because in the last generation it really didn't matter all that much which system you owned unless you were enough of a dullard to still be obsessed with Metal Gear or Halo. Games like Prince of Persia, X-men Legends and Splinter Cell were a blast, and LOOKED GOOD, on all 3 systems.

I know there's a lot more that goes into porting a game to the wii from one of its rivals, when compared to doing the same for a gamecube title. That's why (a-hem) you only hire talented people to do so

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
Personally I think Allen Wake doesn't look that bad...
That strangled noise was like the nails-on-a-chalkboard sound from hell! Well to me anyway...

As for Final Fantasy... yea, that was what I was thinking too.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
oh i just got finish with my third Inspector Morse novel! its so good. I wonder if Anyone else had read them?

Joe Goodman

Mar 16, 2010
i love you.. seriously your reviews are spot on, your wit and humor is again spot on. im a big gamer and i was wondering if you could compare the new counter strike source to its predesessor (forgive the spelling..) cs 1.6. i would love to hear any review you have on it.

-portal 2 is coming out and i remember you said it was the best game ever and something about your eyeballs/anus if they tried to make a sequal or make something better. LOL