Zero Punctuation: The Technomancer

IrenIvy

Mar 15, 2011
In Mars: War Logs (the predecessor game by same studio(s)) much-praised electric powers looked even weirder because some of enemy soldiers fought with electrical clubs. Electrical powers still were handy, but I never understood what is so exclusively superior about them in this setting.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Gee. There are so many games and such that involve battling huge corporations:
this game, Sunset Overdrive, Resident Evil, Saints Row IV, some Ubisoft games,
... BREXIT.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
They should've of just cut straight through the bullshit and named it Mars Effect: economy edition
Oh and charged less too, you know, what budget titles usually sell themselves on.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
babloyi said:
I appreciate the extreme disdain for a lack of facial hair.
Well it scientifically proven that having a beard gives a person 85% more character.

Trust me, I once was in a room with a man wearing a lab coat.

Myria

Sanity Challenged
Nov 15, 2009
I watched a friend play this for a while. Thought the combat, gameplay, and story were functional, but as grey, lifeless, and uninteresting as the graphics.

As an aside, I suspect Yahtzee is going to be *very* disappointed in American shopping malls.

Also... Brexit.

Jaro Black

Jun 26, 2013
*Cough* So, what does anybody think about that Turkey-Situation? *Cough*
Just kidding. We don't want that Brexit-Escalation. Right? RIGHT???

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
I think the summer games drought is getting to Yahtzee pretty badly this year. Have you considered trying a Grand Strategy Game? Stellaris even has spaceships in it.

At worse, you'll hate it and provide a chuckle to everyone not a fan of the genre (and anyone who might get offended is too busy arguing about the efficacy of 16th Century Hungarian Cavalry to be salty).

slashed_wings

Mar 14, 2012
anyone else just getting the ad and nothing else?

... wait wont work on chrome but does on edge... i think the world is on fire.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
No no, not Bellend. Benjamin Speedswearer.

No? A little flat? Yeah, sorry. I'm just so aggravated that they've wasted a title which indicates a far more interesting powerset- the ability to control any electronic machine- on generic Bioware-style sci-fi fantasy #91.

Level 7 Dragon

Typo Kign
Mar 29, 2011
I'm actually suprised that Yahtzee actually reads the comments dedicated to his videos. Considering how hard he tries to build himself up as a digital misanthope, it's quite suprising, actually.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Myria said:
I watched a friend play this for a while. Thought the combat, gameplay, and story were functional, but as grey, lifeless, and uninteresting as the graphics.

As an aside, I suspect Yahtzee is going to be *very* disappointed in American shopping malls.

Also... Brexit.
None of the malls near me are grey, they have tons of garish colors everywhere.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
slashed_wings said:
anyone else just getting the ad and nothing else?

... wait wont work on chrome but does on edge... i think the world is on fire.
I'm using Chrome and the video played for me just fine.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Mahoshonen said:
I think the summer games drought is getting to Yahtzee pretty badly this year. Have you considered trying a Grand Strategy Game? Stellaris even has spaceships in it.

At worse, you'll hate it and provide a chuckle to everyone not a fan of the genre (and anyone who might get offended is too busy arguing about the efficacy of 16th Century Hungarian Cavalry to be salty).
I want to see Yahtzee review Umbrella Corps next week, it's so astoundingly terrible it'll make him appreciate Homefront: Revolution a hell of a lot more.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
darkrage6 said:
Myria said:

Also... Brexit.
None of the malls near me are grey, they have tons of garish colors everywhere.
They... were referring to the ease with which you can supposedly get heavy armaments in America, not the color scheme.

OT: Spiders is a very interesting little developer. They have such high aspirations, but can never seem to really reach them.