Zero Punctuation: The World Ends With You

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Very good. I hated how it didn't let you actually solve many of the puzzles. I wish there was more...interaction besides running around and doing random combat.

The combat was the same for me, I mostly end up just having to make my top-screen attack wildly and randomly while I focus on Neku's combat on the bottom. It took me a few hours for the headaches caused by this game to finally wear away.

davidmr

Jan 30, 2008
cant say i want to play this game, but then again im not a DS owner... yet another great review yahtzee...

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
I see your shredding skills have improved since your GHIII review.
Anyway, very nice. You've got some balls to try out a DS JRPG.
You're a braver man than I.

Halfang

Nov 5, 2007
Agreed with the review in about 80% of it.

The combat system can be set to auto, but you get better results if you are able to manage it yourself.
The food system is a bit pointless, but required in order to get the 100% of the game (in b4 crazy skills etc)
Same happens with the clothes and all that useless stuff.

I thought it was original, and I liked it.

Edit: Happy Birthday!

Tango

Mar 13, 2008
Absolutely awesome as always. It made me laugh so much I had to dry my face on my sleeve!

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
Nicely done - I was expecting a JRPG review sooner rather than later, and lo and behold, when it shows up, you tear into it in no uncertain terms.

I'm kinda surprised that the market for this sort of stuff is still there, considering it's really just the same format over and over again, but hey, if it'll part sweaty Otakus from their hard-earned cash, then whatever.

Now go and play some painkiller, Yahtzee, old boy.

FSK405K

Apr 21, 2008
Nice, but was hoping you'd do a game again that you like, maybe something old. Grim Fandango? How about any Total War games?

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
Absolutely fantastic work as per usual, I have had the misfortune of playing this game for a time period greater than 20 minutes and it almost killed me.

Once more, the game of choice is summed up perfectly.

Jivedriveby

May 14, 2008
Rod iron fence made of tigers, ahaha, loved it.

Also it's not an e-mail address anymore? How clever, not to mention wise, as I think Yahtzee's gone and pissed off Nintendo fanboys, trigger happy fanboys and now JRPG fanboys. Mailboxes aren't meant to hold all of that grammatically horrid vomiting hate.

Loved the review. Thanks Yahtzee!

Wrothgarr

Nov 28, 2007
I've never heard of this game before but I already agree with everything he says about it. Non-existant pre-order theoretically cancelled

Ambition

Feb 6, 2008
I say "Meh".

Unless Escapist is handing him these games to review, he needs to just stop reviewing them and do something he's not already going to dislike in it's entirety - which leads to, in my opinion, a less than stellar job (go watch SimCities review to get what I mean.)

What we know about Yahtzee:

1.) He hates JRPGS
2.) He hates People.
3.) He hates JRPGS.

It's called a genre for a reason, and I haven't seen anything change in it since Chronotrigger (the last good one).

Yahtzee, next week, just pre-review every JRPG to come out in the next ten years and tell us it's really going to suck - you won't be telling us anything new, and ten years from now you can say 'I told you so'.