Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

bioVOLTAGE

Dec 28, 2008
I don't usualy post in any fourms or anything, I usualy hide in the corner and watch from a distance, preferably behind bulletproof glass, but my friends are making me get out and try new things. So here I go:

I thought that the Clip Show a good. It made me remember a lot of the good times that I had here. That being said, I really thought that when it said The Year in Review that it was going to be more of a general sort of thing, like the E3 or the Console Rundown. Oh well. It was still good though.

fat american

Apr 2, 2008
All of you saying it's Christmas he deserves the day off, this was befor Christmas. He had all week befor Christmas to make the video, instead he lazes around. Well you know what? I expect something new next week even though Christmas was somewhere in there.

Blue Sonnet

May 6, 2008
For anyone still stuck on the quiz, remember that at some point someone posts the full transcript of the review on the forums. Once I realised this it only took me about half an hour to finish.

BTW I forgot why I don't visit the ZP section of the forum anymore - a lot of you helped me to remember, and I thank you for that.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
I thought it was a good idea, besides you cant work once EVERY week :p

I show that to my friends and they say "That's what you do every Wednesday"
Its almost like having REAL friends in college when you show them neat websites.
The "Trampled under the company brontosaurus" one is classic

D_Sage44

Dec 10, 2008
Yea a new review woulda been nice, PoP or maybe he could look at Little big planet, its overdue that game needs a yahtzee review because its pure genuis

Also i loved the ilot episode of game damage keep up the good work.

PhilWal

Oct 28, 2008
If you're still stuck on number 2, it's on page 2 of the ZP archive and has a 2 in it.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
For me, I hit a glitch on #23...it won't take the correct answer. I copy/pasted from the review page multiple times and I double-checked by watching the video, and it IS the correct answer.

Only 4 hours left for me to get a badge! :(

ecthlipsis

Dec 30, 2008
Let me start off by saying I absolutely love Zero Punc. and thus I'm not going to berate him over one (okay maybe two) poor segments in an otherwise brilliant and intelligent series. I absolutely love his style and honesty, and first and foremost thank you Ben.

This segment was truly horrid, though, as each one of those jokes BEGS to be in context. I've seen every single ZP episode, most 3-4 times and I still didn't laugh once at the parts I love in context.

It also had a very hashed together feel.

For those defending this saying "It's Christmas, the guy deserves a break", think about Yahtzee himself would say about that. Releasing unfinished, poor quality unimaginative product and then saying "well we needed a break". He would trash them for that, and rightly so. Not to mention he makes one review a week, and can even make several and use one at a later date (that's what I'd do).

Anyway, I'm sure the next episode will be just as good as the others, and thus Yahtzee remains the greatest game reviewer. Thanks for all the laughs and entertainment, sir.

P.S. Probably also the only thing keeping The Escapist afloat =X

-Brett

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
Thats possibly a good point, when you hold others at such a high standard, others will hold you at an equally high standard. Not that we would have it any other way, Its nice that -someone- holds the industry to a standard, but sometimes there is a backlash because of it.

Keep up the good work Ben, and we look forward to seeing more of your brilliant brain child next year!