Zero Punctuation: Top 5 of 2011

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
watching his choice for #5 worst in a video pane which was enframed by a huge ad for a ridiculous looking MW3 themed headset made my irony bone tingle

NeroOmega

Jan 20, 2009
I don't get where all the hate for the PS3 comes from. In my personal experience, I can't play an Xbox. I've owned 3 of them and each one has had one disc in it for less than ten hours before exploding. True story.

I'm four characters into Skyrim, each between 50-80 hours (I have a lot of spare time on my hands) and haven't hit any glitches at all. And I'm usually very keen on catching them, like this glitch I'm experiencing on this website right now where every three characters I type, the reply box grows a line. 0_0

WDK89

Jan 18, 2012
Glad to see CoD and Battlefield make the worst of the year list. I am so fucking bored with all these modern warfare games. Same shit every time.

Markunator

Nov 10, 2011
WDK89 said:
Glad to see CoD and Battlefield make the worst of the year list. I am so fucking bored with all these modern warfare games. Same shit every time.
I'm just going to guess you haven't played Battlefield 3's multiplayer. Play it first, criticize it afterwards. And the Battlefield series is not just the same shit every time.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Maybe the Bottom 5 were, instead of the games that were the least fun, the games that Yatzee wishes more and more didn't exist.
Mindjack wasn't too hated, since the "mind hacking" dragged the game beyond pure genericness.
Red Faction Armageddon had a terrible plot and lost track of destructo-physics.
Dead Island is at least one zombie game too far.
Duke Nukem Forever "should never be released, because nothing they produce could live up to 13 years of anticipation!"
BF3 and MW3 are absolutely unnecessary, given that their predecessors have enough weapons (as in THEY DO).

K0bR4 K1d

Dec 18, 2011
haha, yet another review stating that realistic shooters are the downfall of the gaming industry, i agree with yahtzee

K0bR4 K1d

Dec 18, 2011
haha, yet another review stating that realistic shooters are the downfall of the gaming industry, i agree with yahtzee

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I just realized that, once again, 3 of the Top 5 are sandbox games. This time, they are Skyrim, inFamous 2 (or Minecraft, which still counts), and Driver (maybe).
Frankly, the freedom to explore a 3D world with items and dangers popping up here and there is a great element for a game.

lara

Mar 12, 2012
All this hype around mw3 and battlebleh 3 made me despair a bit. Seems 12 yr olds rule the market.
Also, I love cider! Thought id put it out there in the spirit of solidarity.